Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets Hear It! Who Thinks What?

amff

Who thinks #18 is staying if he is healthy  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Does he stay even w/ a rookie QB?

• Yes
    • No

I wouldnt see why he wouldnt be a colt if he is healthy. he can teach luck. but this shouldnt even be a question. he isnt going to be healthy come march 8th and he will be cut loose. plus if what his Dr said is any indication....manning wont be playing ever again. which is the smarter thing to do, is retire. why risk being paralized from the neck down over a game? im pretty sure with all the endorsements and tv commercials and his contracts he has more then enough money to live off of and even put his kids through college. what good will he be to his family if he is paralized. understand its hard to walk away from what you love doing, but you did go to college, if you get that bored get a job or try to get on as the OC for the colts.

That's the thing. Of coarse he would be here if he's healthy but he's got to be healthy by March 8 which is not going to happen which means Irsay will be forced to release him IMO. It really is too bad there is a clock ticking on his healing process but that's just the way it panned out.

That's the thing. Of coarse he would be here if he's healthy but he's got to be healthy by March 8 which is not going to happen which means Irsay will be forced to release him IMO. It really is too bad there is a clock ticking on his healing process but that's just the way it panned out.

Not necessarily... Jim Irsay is not a robot. He might be able to see that Manning is progressing and will continue that progression, enabling him to suit up next season. The first game of the season doesn't start until September. I'ts January!

I do not think he is coming back. It is a business. and I do not believe that we can have the best of two worlds. I'm really torn by what is going on with our new GM dealing with Peyton. It is not as bad but it speaks of a lack of respect. It reminds of some of the disrespect Johnny U recieved. Yes I know it is not the same but Peyton is the Indianapolis Colts, Just like Johnny U was the baltimore Colts. Why wouldn't you seek him out right away and introduce him. I know, he may have tried to contact him on his own and if Grigson did then that is good. But when you sign your contract with Indy as the GM why wouldn't you seek out the man who put the city on the map. It also bothers me the way Irsay has dealt with Peyton, again we do not know but you would think Jim Irsay would have talked a few times with Peyton. Those actions make me think that ties are being cut

If the ties are being cut you had better prepare for a couple of years of mediocrate. Remeber all theose teams, 49ers, Bengals, Broncos, etc. basically had coached and players in place when the head coaches came in, The Colts will have been nearly gutted from top to bottom. there will need to be a time of adjustment and growth. There will be big set backs. We will not have a quarterback to save us, There will not be a continuos no huddle, shot gun offense. We are not going to be one of the top offenses for a while. Our defense mauy be better but if we go to a 3-4 defense that will take time for players to adjust to. I think that is why Teerlinik was let go, he did not want to deal with the 3-4 I also think that is on of the directions Grigson wants to go.I alos fear that we have seen the last of a quarteback who spends so much time studing the other team that he knows there defense thru and thru, I wonder, even if Luck is a smart QB will he spend the amount fo time Peyton did and be as prepared, I think not, Peyton was one of a kind as we found out this year after he went down

Just be Prepared Indy, It will take time, just be prepared.

Posted by A true Colt Fan who has beena fan since 1962

I wonder, even if Luck is a smart QB will he spend the amount fo time Peyton did and be as prepared, I think not, Peyton was one of a kind as we found out this year after he went down

From Wes Bunting at http://www.nationalf...ndrew-Luck.html talking about Luck:

"- A bright kid who has worked hard to develop his trade, and will win games for you on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with his preparation."

I do not think he is coming back. It is a business. and I do not believe that we can have the best of two worlds. I'm really torn by what is going on with our new GM dealing with Peyton. It is not as bad but it speaks of a lack of respect. It reminds of some of the disrespect Johnny U recieved. Yes I know it is not the same but Peyton is the Indianapolis Colts, Just like Johnny U was the baltimore Colts. Why wouldn't you seek him out right away and introduce him. I know, he may have tried to contact him on his own and if Grigson did then that is good. But when you sign your contract with Indy as the GM why wouldn't you seek out the man who put the city on the map. It also bothers me the way Irsay has dealt with Peyton, again we do not know but you would think Jim Irsay would have talked a few times with Peyton. Those actions make me think that ties are being cut

If the ties are being cut you had better prepare for a couple of years of mediocrate. Remeber all theose teams, 49ers, Bengals, Broncos, etc. basically had coached and players in place when the head coaches came in, The Colts will have been nearly gutted from top to bottom. there will need to be a time of adjustment and growth. There will be big set backs. We will not have a quarterback to save us, There will not be a continuos no huddle, shot gun offense. We are not going to be one of the top offenses for a while. Our defense mauy be better but if we go to a 3-4 defense that will take time for players to adjust to. I think that is why Teerlinik was let go, he did not want to deal with the 3-4 I also think that is on of the directions Grigson wants to go.I alos fear that we have seen the last of a quarteback who spends so much time studing the other team that he knows there defense thru and thru, I wonder, even if Luck is a smart QB will he spend the amount fo time Peyton did and be as prepared, I think not, Peyton was one of a kind as we found out this year after he went down

Just be Prepared Indy, It will take time, just be prepared.

Posted by A true Colt Fan who has beena fan since 1962

Well I am not sure how things went down when Unitas left Baltimore, because I wasn't alive. But I will say I am alive now and am seeing how this deal with Peyton is unfolding. The closer the deadline approaches the more it is starting to look like Manning will no longer be a Colt. But I don't agree with your attitude on the situation. Irsay has been disrespectful? How? I would love to see some examples. From what Peyton said earlier this week it seems like they have talked several times and it has been a tough situation. Well that's how negotiating and these sort of deals are, it's business and you have to be a little standoffish in this situation.

Irsay has been very respectful to Peyton Manning, he has said nothing but good things about him, almost every time he publicly speaks about him he thanks him for what he has done for this franchise and if they don't give him the option and extension it's nothing personal, it's business. No businessman would sign the option if Peyton isn't medically cleared to play, it's not worth the risk. As far as Grigson is concerned, maybe that was Irsay's decision, he is going to be the one making this decision and making the deal if there is one. This is how free agency and negotiations go in sports, until a new contract is signed they simply aren't playing for that team and there is no need for the GM to introduce himself for someone who might not be playing here next year.

Then there is stating the fact that the Colts won't be very good after Manning and seemingly using it as a scare tactic. Well anyone with half a brain realizes without Manning this team is very bad, most reasonable fans realize there will be an adjustment period. But the fact is alot of these changes needed to be made whether Manning stayed or not. This season proved how thin over roster really is and the weekness in our coaching staff. If these changes make Manning uncomfortable, well too bad. Just because he liked Caldwell and Polian I guess we should have kept them and allow them to continue to drag down this organization because Manning felt comfortable with them around. Irsay needed to look towards the future, Manning is not getting any younger. Healthy or not healthy, eventually this team needed to plan for the transition after him. That doesn't mean he has to leave, but if he doesn't like these necessary changes, well it's obvious he doesn't care about the well being of this organization and is only in for himself.

I am sure Irsay would love for a plan that includes Manning, unfortunately that is just not the case. Besides that, it looks like there is a good chance Manning will retire. If not, well hopefully he stays healthy and enjoys the rest of his career. But I will not crucify Jim Irsay because this will be the toughest decision in his career to make and I think it will be the right one.

I wouldnt see why he wouldnt be a colt if he is healthy. he can teach luck. but this shouldnt even be a question. he isnt going to be healthy come march 8th and he will be cut loose. plus if what his Dr said is any indication....manning wont be playing ever again. which is the smarter thing to do, is retire. why risk being paralized from the neck down over a game? im pretty sure with all the endorsements and tv commercials and his contracts he has more then enough money to live off of and even put his kids through college. what good will he be to his family if he is paralized. understand its hard to walk away from what you love doing, but you did go to college, if you get that bored get a job or try to get on as the OC for the colts.

what did his doctor say to make you say something like that? every doctor ive heard speak on the topic or read about the topic all say that he is no more at risk of a neck injury than any other healthy player would be! hurting his neck is not the issue anyhow, its whether or not the nerve heals enough to regain proper strength in his arm.

i also find it amusing that so many people say that Peyton will leave because of all the changes around here with coaches/players etc....you all do realize, i hope, that if he goes to another team, it will be all different coaches and players than he is used to, as well?

Exactly. His football has life has changed no matter what happens. Btw if at all possible I would have reached through my truck radio and pimp slapped Greeny this morning on Mike and Mike. Dude is a complete dipstick.

Exactly. His football has life has changed no matter what happens. Btw if at all possible I would have reached through my truck radio and pimp slapped Greeny this morning on Mike and Mike. Dude is a complete dipstick.

I agree...nearly all of the media guys seem determined to have Peyton on another team for some reason...Michael Lombardi is the only one who has listened to what Irsay and Manning have said and not spun it into something that it's not. The guy on NFL Network with the huge ears (dont know his name) asked a question to Sterling Sharpe about "where will Manning end up next year?" and Sterling said that if he's healthy, he will probably stay in Indy and if not he will retire...the big ear guy said "No, i meant BESIDES Indy, where do you think he will be playing?" and Sterling said "I dont think he leaves Indy..." and the big ear guy again said "ok, then lets speculate that IF he leaves...because its almost certain he will...where will he play?" and Sterling pretty much stuck to his guns. It made me wanna grab the dude by his ears and throw him as far as i could throw him! lol

I agree...nearly all of the media guys seem determined to have Peyton on another team for some reason...Michael Lombardi is the only one who has listened to what Irsay and Manning have said and not spun it into something that it's not. The guy on NFL Network with the huge ears (dont know his name) asked a question to Sterling Sharpe about "where will Manning end up next year?" and Sterling said that if he's healthy, he will probably stay in Indy and if not he will retire...the big ear guy said "No, i meant BESIDES Indy, where do you think he will be playing?" and Sterling said "I dont think he leaves Indy..." and the big ear guy again said "ok, then lets speculate that IF he leaves...because its almost certain he will...where will he play?" and Sterling pretty much stuck to his guns. It made me wanna grab the dude by his ears and throw him as far as i could throw him! lol

lmao That dudes ears are ginormous! I can't watch him without laughing.

IMO....the poll is misleading....had he been healthy last year this wouldnt have even been a topic as they wouldnt own the #1 pick.

He won't be 100% healthy in early March and as such I expect him to be released and then see Luck drafted.

If he were 100% healthy today, I'd expect them to keep him as they would have no need for a QB right now.

I don't see them keeping Luck / Manning together for the next 3 seasons (which I think is what will be happening if they exercise the option and the rest of the contract kicks in)

But atleast Golic gets it, he might punch Greeny for us. Greeny tried to insinuate that Manning will get mad if the Colts bring in his eventual replacement, Golic shoots back that he wont be mad because he realizes his neck injury kinda forces the colts to draft his replacement.

But atleast Golic gets it, he might punch Greeny for us. Greeny tried to insinuate that Manning will get mad if the Colts bring in his eventual replacement, Golic shoots back that he wont be mad because he realizes his neck injury kinda forces the colts to draft his replacement.

Yep. I very rarely disagree with Golic. But Greeny is a TOOL! Maybe Rob Lowe should replace him. Peyton needs the Colts. If the Colts release him its because of health issues and what team is going to gamble on that. Plus his salary would be quite a bit less if they did decide to take a chance. I think Irsay left Clyde alone for a reason. If Peyton if healthy the offense doesn't change but if he's not than we'll probably see some changes to help Luck transition better.

You can call this poll misleading or whatever you want. i think in some aspect, PM is a Colt. Whether he is here to consult, coach, or play. Im not totally convinced that if he isn't ready that they wont keep him. I don't think they need the money due to him simply because my gut tells me there is gonna be some Defense playrs looking for a new job soon.but as far as my topic here, if he is 75+% heis gonna bere, IMO.

I thought PM would surely be a colt until I herd the Irsay interview, I think Jim was upset by the way Peyton talked about the eggshells. I hope both of them can get pas this and work things out. I would fell alot better if the new coach would meet with him. I have been a Colts fan for a long time even before Indiana and I am from Indiana. And will still be a fan even if things do not go the way I would like. I am in Arizona now and would be glad to see Peyton out here. Oh well I am still hoping for the best.