Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ronnie Hillman

oldunclemark

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Talk in Denver is that he has been replaced by a rookie and he will be released..

$1.4 mil....non-guaranteed deal....and he's third string ....maybe 4th

....a healthy small back with speed. Who wants him?

Hillman might be a decent try at kicking the tires but I would stay away from Williams.

On August 22, 2016 at 5:01 PM, FL Colts Fan said:

I'd bring him and Karlos Williams both in to see what they can do. More skeptical though about Williams.

Karlos would eat him and ballon up over 300lbs. I'd pass on both.

The staff loves Ferguson. I want to see more of Trey as far as fast small backs is concerned we have 2 that know the O. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. 

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

Karlos would eat him and ballon up over 300lbs. I'd pass on both.

The staff loves Ferguson. I want to see more of Trey as far as fast small backs is concerned we have 2 that know the O. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. 

Yup, I like Williams a lot, but he is not getting much work. I like him the most out of all the backup RBs.

Hillman is terrible. For a scat back, he has terrible awareness and hands, never turns back quick enough or could turn passes into much YAC. Remember the early TD the Broncos gave to the Patriots in the AFCCG, it is because Hillman did not have the awareness that it could be a backwards pass and just gave up on it after he dropped it. Patriots recovered it and because the whistle blew, got the ball inside the Broncos 20. 

More passes were caught by CJ than Hillman successfully. He will get you a yard or two if he has to run between the tackles and does not pass protect as well as CJ. I had him in fantasy, watched the dumpoffs from Peyton for no gain, I can emphatically say that Hillman will give you one good game with a few good outside the tackle runs followed by 6 mediocre ones. 

I would stay far away from him. Karlos Williams, definitely worth a try.

Hillman is a straight ahead runner with breakaway speed...

He got benched due to fumbling but he's faster than most...

Broncos had an average (at best) offensive line all the time he was there.

If I could pick him up for nothing but his salary (no trade, no picks), I'd do it in a second.

You cant find a better back on the street who doesn't have "issues"

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Bronco web sites  are saying the team is trying to trade Hillman....

They have also cut Juwaan Thompson, another back....more of a fullback

They are also trying to trade butt-fumble. You need two hands to clap.:)

On 2016. 08. 26. at 11:48 PM, chad72 said:

Hillman is terrible. For a scat back, he has terrible awareness and hands, never turns back quick enough or could turn passes into much YAC. Remember the early TD the Broncos gave to the Patriots in the AFCCG, it is because Hillman did not have the awareness that it could be a backwards pass and just gave up on it after he dropped it. Patriots recovered it and because the whistle blew, got the ball inside the Broncos 20. 

More passes were caught by CJ than Hillman successfully. He will get you a yard or two if he has to run between the tackles and does not pass protect as well as CJ. I had him in fantasy, watched the dumpoffs from Peyton for no gain, I can emphatically say that Hillman will give you one good game with a few good outside the tackle runs followed by 6 mediocre ones. 

I would stay far away from him. Karlos Williams, definitely worth a try.

According to what i've read/heard, Karlos Williams is anything but worth a try. He's shown up insanely overweight in camp, and shown lack of motivation. And the guy has a long concussion history too.

On the other hand, I dont think Hillman is that bad. He is obviously not a feature back, but a hefty, quick, smaller guy. Since the Colts already have a bigger bodied, strong back in Turbin, i think Hillman could be a nice addition with his different style. And, altough, he's not a elite pass catcher, he CAN catch the ball. He's had his issues last year, but Gore also had his issues, and everyone still think Gore can catch the ball. The Broncos had a patchwork OL last year, and they changed from power to zone blocking scheme, so lots of their woes in their running game coud be addressed to these facts. Now, Hillman has 1 year experience in zone blocking, and the Colts just happen to change to zone blocking this year too. So I think he could fit in quickly.