Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady Wasnt As Bad As He Said

oldunclemark

Brady was on his weekly morning talk show call this morning and said that even though they won, the second INT "kept (him) awake all night."

He's like Manning in that regard. Both guys strive to play perfect games. I'm sure he's not happy about throwing two picks and getting FGs instead of TDs on several of those drives.

It's what makes guys like Brady and Manning so good.

What, your confusing. Every quarterback did better than Tom Brady yesterday. The once good Quarterbacks are now emerging to be elite

The Ravens defense was ultimately disappointing to say the least...they sure didn't look "elite" to me...I expect the Giants to do much better defensively against the Patriots than the Ravens did.

Ed Reed was everywhere.....Baltimore was outstanding on 'D'...

To see Alex Smith (1 of 16 on 3rd downs) as beter than Brady.....who led his team to the winning TD..and threw for far more yards..speaks for itself..

the headline of the post says: Brady wasnt as bad as he said...and he wanst.

His 'bar' is just set very high.

Who score dinthe 4th Q to win the game? Who didnt?

Brady was on his weekly morning talk show call this morning and said that even though they won, the second INT "kept (him) awake all night."

He's like Manning in that regard. Both guys strive to play perfect games. I'm sure he's not happy about throwing two picks and getting FGs instead of TDs on several of those drives.

It's what makes guys like Brady and Manning so good.

Go pats..

the second interception was a ball he probabaly should not have thrown because the safety didnt bite on his play fake..

but you can gamble throwing into the end zone..

I agree he has high standards and should..

But Ed Reed is the best safety in the NFL and even Peyton Manning and Phillip Rivers have major problems with him.

Tom Brady is still Tom Brady and he was Tom Brady in the 4th Q Sunday...

How can you say the Ravens D was "good"...they let the Patriots move up and down the field way too much...sure Brady didn't have a TD...but they still moved up and down the field and it did result in "too" many points obviously...

yes but sometimes a D looking less then their normal self has to do with the other teams offense . . . the fact that a team is bad can something to do with who you are playing as much as your own short comings . . .

The pats did score 5 times, 2 tds and 3 fgs . . . so they did well not great, but you did have two teams strenghs, going at it, basically the pats ability to move the ball and score and the raven ability to stop tds in the red zone, so both strengths met each other and to a degree cancelled each other out . . .

How can you say the Ravens D was "good"...they let the Patriots move up and down the field way too much...sure Brady didn't have a TD...but they still moved up and down the field and it did result in "too" many points obviously...

Baltimore held NE to 96 yards rushing and they held NE under 250 yards passing

In truth..NE didnt move 'up and down the field' all day..

Baltimore has 4 all-stars on defense...Ed Reed was everywhere yesterday

Unk, the pats perhaps were not on fire, but they did move the ball on the ravens . . . our punter only punted twice in the game . . .

we had 9 meaningful possessions (i dont count the two end of half knee downs) of the 9 possession we had the followins

2 punts (first and last possesion)

2 picks

5 scores (two TDs and 3 FGs)

so if one were to look at the first possession as being nerves and an understandable 3 and out, were were only stopped three times, two by pick and one by punt . . . so we score 5 times in 8 possessions . . .and that one pick was a long 50 yard bomb . . so we did not score 35 points, but we did score on 5 of our 8 possession . . .and only punted twice . . . so we were able to move the ball . . .

Unk, the pats perhaps were not on fire, but they did move the ball on the ravens . . . our punter only punted twice in the game . . .

we had 9 meaningful possessions (i dont count the two end of half knee downs) of the 9 possession we had the followins

2 punts (first and last possesion)

2 picks

5 scores (two TDs and 3 FGs)

so if one were to look at the first possession as being nerves and an understandable 3 and out, were were only stopped three times, two by pick and one by punt . . . so we score 5 times in 8 possessions . . .and that one pick was a long 50 yard bomb . . so we did not score 35 points, but we did score on 5 of our 8 possession . . .and only punted twice . . . so we were able to move the ball . . .

Y-HOOD..

They only punted twice because they turned the ball over twice.

Remember..what the post is about.....Brady wasnt as bad as HE said he was....

But I was as impressed with Baltimore defensively as I have been in the last couple of years...

If you taped it....check out how many pass plays Ed Reed was near..

Tom Brady will be much better indoors against the Giants defense (which isnt bad) than he was against Baltimore

Brady, your right.. you did suck in that game. Sorry, but its true.

Hey dont shoot the messanger. HE said he sucked, and I agree. Im serious in saying the Ravens gave them that game. The touchdown and the field goal. Total choaking blunders by the Ravens.

Bradys shoulder is bothering him. Make no mistake. His passes were floating and off target. No Brady esq zip on them. I watched the game again this morning. He knows, and knows he cannot have an outing like that against the Giants.

I don't think Baltimore's defense played that bad. They held the explosive Patriots to 23 points and gave their offense several chances to win the game. Plus, the defense came up with two big stops on New England's last two possessions, one of them being that mind-blowing interception in the end zone and the other being a stop on 3rd down with 2 minutes left.

Also, without a running game? For a very good chunk of the game BJGE did a pretty efficient job running.

Y-HOOD..

They only punted twice because they turned the ball over twice.

Remember..what the post is about.....Brady wasnt as bad as HE said he was....

But I was as impressed with Baltimore defensively as I have been in the last couple of years...

If you taped it....check out how many pass plays Ed Reed was near..

Tom Brady will be much better indoors against the Giants defense (which isnt bad) than he was against Baltimore

agreed, i think we both agree . . . am not so sure if we will do well/better against the Gmen D . . .the Ravens were true to their regular season and kept opponents out of the end zone once they got into the red zone . . . we were able to move the ball on those scoring drives but could only punch in two . .

Because the Pats didn't score 38 points. Thats why.

So answer this for me: NE scored 23 on offense ; Giants scored 13 on offense and 10 off TO - yet 49ers Defense was exposed and mediocre - but the Ravens D has all star defense......

LOL - that made me laugh just typing it.

I saw Brady throw 4 interceptions. Only 2 of them counted, because on the other 2 the defense was called for penalties. I know officially he only threw 2, but all of them added together made him look very erratic. We all know even the greatest of qbs have those kind of days. All year long he had a great season, and no one can deny that. He is largely the reason they had home field advantage, and I hate to say that.

I do think, though, that overall, the Patriots had it much, much easier making it to the Super Bowl than the Giants. The Giants shut out a very good Atlanta offense at home, then went on the road to play 2 very tough teams, the elite of the NFC. The Patriots had a bye, then played a Denver team that backed into the playoffs. Then they played a tough team in Baltimore at home, and could have as easily lost it as win.

I think the Giants, right now, have the better team.

I saw Brady throw 4 interceptions. Only 2 of them counted, because on the other 2 the defense was called for penalties. I know officially he only threw 2, but all of them added together made him look very erratic. We all know even the greatest of qbs have those kind of days. All year long he had a great season, and no one can deny that. He is largely the reason they had home field advantage, and I hate to say that.

I do think, though, that overall, the Patriots had it much, much easier making it to the Super Bowl than the Giants. The Giants shut out a very good Atlanta offense at home, then went on the road to play 2 very tough teams, the elite of the NFC. The Patriots had a bye, then played a Denver team that backed into the playoffs. Then they played a tough team in Baltimore at home, and could have as easily lost it as win.

I think the Giants, right now, have the better team.

I wrote an English essay the other day on the two teams and stated pretty much your exact statement. They are definitely the more rounded team and more playoff tested this season.

I hear what you're saying but both of the penalties on the INTs that were called back had a direct impact. It wasn't one of those situations where a QB is bailed out by a penalty that happened on the other side of the field or away from the play.

On the first, the intended receiver was held coming out of his break. On a play like that the QB is delivering the ball prior to that.

On the second, the Ravens were offsides and Brady saw the flag, so he chucked one up deep. "Free play," as they say.

I've already said Brady was "off" for most of the game and certainly was not at his best. But in a way I'm glad it happened. The team still won, and it's rare for Brady to have two straight bad games. So maybe just getting that one out of the way was a good thing!