Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just Wanna Get Something Off My Chest

Why do people continue to say the D was bad last year.  The Colts had 30 TO last year while only scoring 32 TDs.  In 2014 they had 30 TO as well while scoring 51 TDs.  Also the D forced 24 TO in 2014 while forcing 26 in 2015.  So to sum it up the offense had a terrible regression last year.

That aside, I think the Colts are going about building the team the right way, in the trenches.  If we can play more ball control this year and have our D on the field less plays I think we can do some damage.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I would say the Bronco's have been the best team in the conference the last four years. They have been to the super bowl two times with a win and have beat the patriots during that four years.

And you can say the same about the Patriots the last 10 years.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

And you can say the same about the Patriots the last 10 years.

I guess you could go further and say the Steelers over the last 50 years or so if you want to get nit picking. I was talking about how long Luck has been in the league by the way because the subject was about the Colts.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I would say the Bronco's have been the best team in the conference the last four years. They have been to the super bowl two times with a win and have beat the patriots during that four years.

I think since Andrew has been in the league = the last 4 seasons we have been the 4th best team in the Conference even better than the Steelers in that time frame. I think the Broncos and Pats have been pretty equal as the 2 best and the Ravens have been 3rd as they won a SB during Andrew's rookie season.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think since Andrew has been in the league = the last 4 seasons we have been the 4th best team in the Conference even better than the Steelers in that time frame. I think the Broncos and Pats have been pretty equal as the 2 best and the Ravens have been 3rd as they won a SB during Andrew's rookie season.

Bronco's and Patriots have been the best in the conference.last four season for sure. As far as the best the Bronco's have been the best overall because of the two super bowls and the heads up wins over the Patriots. After all these years Manning finally got the last laugh? :D

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Bronco's and Patriots have been the best in the conference.last four season for sure. As far as the best the Bronco's have been the best overall because of the two super bowls and the heads up wins over the Patriots. After all these years Manning finally got the last laugh? :D

Credit to Elway for building a Great Defense something we have never had here. Thankfully in 2006 our Defense stepped up and played over their heads. We were a different team when Bob was healthy.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess you could go further and say the Steelers over the last 50 years or so if you want to get nit picking. I was talking about how long Luck has been in the league by the way because the subject was about the Colts.

And my comment about the Patriots relates to the Colts. Since Luck has been in the league, they've been the team to beat. They've been to the AFC championship every year since 2012.

The reason that is relevant is because the Patriots have blown the Colts out in every meeting they've had (regular and post season) except for the last one, which was still a Colts loss. The Colts won't be close to a Super Bowl until they can beat the Patriots.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

And my comment about the Patriots relates to the Colts. Since Luck has been in the league, they've been the team to beat. They've been to the AFC championship every year since 2012.

The reason that is relevant is because the Patriots have blown the Colts out in every meeting they've had (regular and post season) except for the last one, which was still a Colts loss. The Colts won't be close to a Super Bowl until they can beat the Patriots.

It's amazing how we can beat the Broncos but cant come close to beating the Pats. That matchup vs the Pats is just terrible.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's amazing how we can beat the Broncos but cant come close to beating the Pats. That matchup vs the Pats is just terrible.

Yup. And the Broncos had the best defense this past season. Since Lick has been here we've beaten them 2/3 times and the loss was really close.

Once the Colts beat the Patriots, they'll be the team to beat in the AFC, even though we probably need to beat the Steelers too.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yup. And the Broncos had the best defense this past season. Since Lick has been here we've beaten them 2/3 times and the loss was really close.

Once the Colts beat the Patriots, they'll be the team to beat in the AFC, even though we probably need to beat the Steelers too.

It's all about matchups. We own the Broncos and Chiefs but cant beat the Pats or Steelers. Other teams have the same problems. Pats for some reason always struggle against the Ravens, a team we usually beat as well and Tom Brady's record vs the Broncos is terrible. I think it's like 2-7.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's all about matchups. We own the Broncos and Chiefs but cant beat the Pats or Steelers. Other teams have the same problems. Pats for some reason always struggle against the Ravens, a team we usually beat as well and Tom Brady's record vs the Broncos is terrible. I think it's like 2-7.

Tom is actually 6-8 in his career vs the Broncos including Playoffs. I looked it up. That is the only team he is below .500 against in his whole career. Oddly Andrew Luck is 3-1 vs the Broncos including Playoffs but yet 0-5 vs the Patriots including Playoffs in his career.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom is actually 6-8 in his career vs the Broncos including Playoffs. I looked it up. That is the only team he is below .500 against in his whole career. Oddly Andrew Luck is 3-1 vs the Broncos including Playoffs but yet 0-5 vs the Patriots including Playoffs in his career.

Ouch, that hurts.  

C'mon Colts, it only takes one 15 yard penalty to beat the Pats.

On 5/8/2016 at 5:06 PM, ColtsBleedBlue said:

For all the people who don't think the Colts will easily once again be a Super Bowl contender they are crazy. With Luck and a crappy offensive line and a average at best

defense we made the AFC Championship Game. I see us going to the Championship game once again. With an improved offensive line (finally) and an improved secondary and defensive line, and honestly I like all the draft picks. I think we got  dogs. We got boys that want to win and that want to prove they can make it. Once again just something I want to get off my chest.

I think we will be contenders, but I don't think there will be anything easy about it.  If we came back with the same personnel as last year, I think we win maybe 4-6 games.  With Luck back and the additions, I think we win 10-11, but it will be a battle.  Several teams have improved themselves.

12 minutes ago, cbear said:

I think we will be contenders, but I don't think there will be anything easy about it.  If we came back with the same personnel as last year, I think we win maybe 4-6 games.  With Luck back and the additions, I think we win 10-11, but it will be a battle.  Several teams have improved themselves.

I agree on the win amount. If I had to put an over/under on our wins I would put it at 10.5. It will either be 10 or 11 IMO.

20 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I really like this post ICF. Heck, I usually nod in agreement at 98% of your posts. I just wanted you to know that I respect your football IQ even though I may not always literally give you a like every single time. You're a darn good writer whenever you decide to elaborate on something. 

"Trench boys" is absolutely right. 

Thank you good sir. I humbly accept your compliment. 

31 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Thank you good sir. I humbly accept your compliment. 

You're welcome ICF. I'm a firm believer in letting forum friends know what they excel at. Any fool can criticize another. I just like to inform people when they write a post that is spot on. 

I don't know if this belongs in this thread, but I stumbled across this on You Tube by a Colts fan named by Michael Stroup reviewing our 2016 draft picks & I liked what the man said. 

Here it is...

He uses the word "darn" a lot but that's just enthusiasm about our selections for the most part. Nice guy.