Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Footballlax31 Mock Draft

3 more days till!

I been reading up on some more prospects and here is my mock

1st-18 pick-Lenard Floyd OLB

Fast, sideline to sideline OLB. Can rush the passer. If he can put some weight on to his 6"6' frame it will help greatly

2nd-48 pick- Christian Westerman, OG

He is accurate when getting to the second level and has great athleticism, which is good for our zone blocking scheme. Has a lot of strength just needs to use it better

3rd-82  KeiVarae Russell CB

He can play press coverage and plays outside and inside corner before

4th Max Tuerk C

He is athletic and can get to the next level. Grigson is looking for value at center and I would say Tuerk is a good pick here 

5th Keith Marshall RB

He has good speed and ran a 4.31 40 and is strong with 25 reps of 225LB. Might as well take a shot at him

7th David Perkins OLB

This guy is a scary pass rusher. Has incredible bend when he rushes and gets by slower OT.

Feel free to change, judge, comment

12 minutes ago, Footballlax31 said:

3 more days till!

Fast, sideline to sideline OLB. Can rush the passer. If he can put some weight on to his 6"6' frame it will help greatly

He is accurate when getting to the second level and has great athleticism, which is good for our zone blocking scheme. Has a lot of strength just needs to use it better

4th Max Tuerk C

He is athletic and can get to the next level. Grigson is looking for value at center and I would say Tuerk is a good pick here 

5th Keith Marshall RB

He has good speed and ran a 4.31 40 and is strong with 25 reps of 225LB. Might as well take a shot at him

7th David Perkins OLB

This guy is a scary pass rusher. Has incredible bend when he rushes and gets by slower OT.

Loaded with very good prospects. And a rare here, outstanding job of slotting.
Just our opinions of course.

20 minutes ago, Footballlax31 said:

3 more days till!

4th Max Tuerk C

5th Keith Marshall RB

7th David Perkins OLB

I like it! I'd be stoked with this draft. Good Job!

26 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

@Footballlax31 I like it. 

Good job, man!

Mel Kiper believes that Floyd is going top 10 though. He said he has heard from "sources" that Floyd could go as high as number 5 to Jacksonville. 

I was listening to the NFL Channel this morning and they're saying that team doctors are split on him.  Everyone seems to think he's the best player in the draft.  And most think he'll be there day 1.

But the question is - is he a four year or longer player?  No one can answer.  So teams that had no shot at him (drafting past 10) are now doing their research.  You can never tell.  Uncertainty caused Collins to fall out of the draft last year.  Having Floyd fall to 18 isn't necessarily impossible.

15 minutes ago, Traines said:

You're much higher on Floyd than I

He did have the 4th best pass rushing grade according PFF and has a lightning quick first step and is very agile....He was also PFF's 2nd highest graded Edge Defender. His size concerns are exaggerated though he does have to get a bit stronger. Most often when he failed against the run (which was not a lot) it was because he got caught rushing off the edge instead of holding contain. Floyd is not a must however, I'd gladly take Calhoun or Fackrell

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/03/29/draft-pff-scouting-report-leonard-floyd-lb-georgia/

Floyd has plenty of room on his frame to get bigger and stronger I think

13 minutes ago, Gavin said:

He did have the 4th best pass rushing grade according PFF and has a lightning quick first step and is very agile....He was also PFF's 2nd highest graded Edge Defender. His size concerns are exaggerated though he does have to get a bit stronger. Most often when he failed against the run (which was not a lot) it was because he got caught rushing off the edge instead of holding contain. Floyd is not a must however, I'd gladly take Calhoun or Fackrell

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/03/29/draft-pff-scouting-report-leonard-floyd-lb-georgia/

I have read this along with many other articles, and watched him on DB...and read your many pro-Floyd posts...still not sold

I really appreciate the thought processes.  I'm starting to come around to Russell in the 3rd, especially after Mayock made him his #3 Safety (which he hasn't played since HS).  But count me among the Floyd haters.  I understand his theoretical pass-rush value, but I really don't like his style of play.  Doesn't have a football mentality.  Avoids contact and tries to shoot gaps between blockers.  A much better athlete than football player, without the kill-the-QB attitude necessary to be our rush OLB.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I really appreciate the thought processes.  I'm starting to come around to Russell in the 3rd, especially after Mayock made him his #3 Safety (which he hasn't played since HS).  But count me among the Floyd haters.  I understand his theoretical pass-rush value, but I really don't like his style of play.  Doesn't have a football mentality.  Avoids contact and tries to shoot gaps between blockers.  A much better athlete than football player, without the kill-the-QB attitude necessary to be our rush OLB.

I like Russell too and the colts have visited with him and are interested from what I hear! I didnt know he played safety. Which is good so he could fill in for Adams or Robinson/Butler in the future. Floyd is a risky pick IMO. If he adds weight he could be great and worth the pick. If he doesnt he will be pushed around by NFL tackles. 

3 hours ago, Gavin said:

I'd take a D Lineman in the 2nd in this scenario

Hassan Ridgeway

Vernon Butler

Sheldon Day

Austin Johnson

I think we need two O-linemen in this draft. If I were to choose just O-line postion to fix I would pick center. So we could get a D-Linemen at two, but in my eyes it is not a huge need and can wait. I was thinking of putting Billings with our first, but I think Floyd should be the pick because of the depth.

2 hours ago, Krauses said:

Love all the picks besides tuerk. We already took an injury prone Center out of USC in the 4th and it's not working out.

True I see why you would say that with Holmes, but Tuerk seems to fit in our new scheme and probally still be a upgrade over Harrison/Holmes. Its hard to be any worse.

I just wanted to back up why I picked players. Thanks for the Feedback guys :thmup:

I'd be pretty pumped if we came out with a draft like this. Not completely sold on Floyd but I get the appeal. Lot of potential if he adds some strength but like previously stated on this page he seems to lack that killer instinct. That being said it isn't a deep year at OLB so if we are going to bother getting one I guess we might as well take a shot on a player like Floyd.

18 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I'd be pretty pumped if we came out with a draft like this. Not completely sold on Floyd but I get the appeal. Lot of potential if he adds some strength but like previously stated on this page he seems to lack that killer instinct. That being said it isn't a deep year at OLB so if we are going to bother getting one I guess we might as well take a shot on a player like Floyd.

Would you take billings or lee instead of Floyd.

22 hours ago, Gavin said:

I think he's going to go really high. Something that never occurred to me before that people are saying is that he could play SAM in a 4-3. He'd be used like Anthony Barr in Minnesota. He can be an off ball LB and then rush the passer on third down or situationally. It makes a ton of sense when you consider how Georgia used him and his coverage ability.

I've heard he could go to the Raiders, but he'd be a perfect fit in a Dan Quinn defense in Atlanta. This whole time we've been under rating him IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think he's going to go really high. Something that never occurred to me before that people are saying is that he could play SAM in a 4-3. He'd be used like Anthony Barr in Minnesota. He can be an off ball LB and then rush the passer on third down or situationally. It makes a ton of sense when you consider how Georgia used him and his coverage ability.

I've heard he could go to the Raiders, but he'd be a perfect fit in a Dan Quinn defense in Atlanta. This whole time we've been under rating him IMO. 

I think the Raiders go for a Tackle at 14 or maybe RB or CB. Im thinking Conklin, Elliot or Apple

31 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I think the Raiders go for a Tackle at 14 or maybe RB or CB. Im thinking Conklin, Elliot or Apple

Elliot should be long gone by 14. Conklin could go higher too. Possibly to Tennessee. Apple could go to the Dolphins if they miss out on Elliot.

I see Floyd being right there for them to take. They'd have Khalil Mack, Irvin, and Floyd.

Ill admit that Atlanta is a better fit though.

On April 25, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Gavin said:

I don't want to see Floyd and Castonzo or Floyd and Reitz 1 on 1.......That's not likely to end in the Colts favor

This is borderline disrespectful. You really think a rookie OLB with what 10 career sacks in college will beat Castanzo? Hopefully this is a joke, if so disregard my post entirely. 

Just now, SP_21 said:

This is borderline disrespectful. You really think a rookie OLB with what 10 career sacks in college will beat Castanzo? Hopefully this is a joke, if so disregard my post entirely. 

It has nothing to do with disrespect but matchups, Castonzo does not handle speed rushers very well

6 hours ago, Footballlax31 said:

Would you take billings or lee instead of Floyd.

I'd take Billings personally and grab a good project olb like Matt Judon later in the draft. Judon looks pretty good on tape and I think he could be a good player with the right coaching. We can grab an olb early next year when (hopefully) the prospects are a little better. I'm not too keen on playing to the weaknesses of this draft, especially when half these OLBs are rated higher due to being "the best of the bunch". Rather get elite talent then the best of a poor choice.