Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Late round WRs worth looking at

I know the WR position is something almost taboo to talk about here :) but I do feel that we could look for some late round guys to develop in the case of injuries though our starting 3 might be set with TY, Moncrief and Dorsett.

I was looking at Malcolm Mitchell of Georgia and Thomas Duarte of UCLA. 

The first one may drop due to 2 knee injuries, and if he is sitting there for our round 4 pick, would you consider him?

Also, Thomas Duarte, for a guy that is 6'2", 231, a sub 7 second 3-cone drill is a very good number. He might give us the target that AJ could not provide with the catch radius that he has. We could also make a receiving TE out of him if needed.

What are your thoughts on late round wide outs we can draft?

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I know the WR position is something almost taboo to talk about here :) but I do feel that we could look for some late round guys to develop in the case of injuries though our starting 3 might be set with TY, Moncrief and Dorsett.

I was looking at Malcolm Mitchell of Georgia and Thomas Duarte of UCLA. 

The first one may drop due to 2 knee injuries, and if he is sitting there for our round 4 pick, would you consider him?

Also, Thomas Duarte, for a guy that is 6'2", 231, a sub 7 second 3-cone drill is a very good number. He might give us the target that AJ could not provide with the catch radius that he has. We could also make a receiving TE out of him if needed.

What are your thoughts on late round wide outs we can draft?

Duarte is a TE.  

Charone Peake. Hampered by injuries but he's another talented Clemson wideout. Good size, speed, and agility. 

If we select a WR, which I believe we should, I'd want a guy with size. Preferably 6-2+ or someone who has ups to go up and pluck a pass out of the air. That's what I think we need. Or a reliable pass catcher who completes the tough catches to move the sticks. 

I think this is a terrible class of receivers.....    and I think once you get past the 2nd or 3rd round,  it's not very obvious who is going to be taken where.    I think there are going to be lots of surprises....

"That receiver went that high?!?"       "Can't believe that receiver fell so far and went in that round?!?"

Lots of that kind of talk will happen on the Sunday and Monday after the draft....

WR might be my least favorite position in this year's draft.      I don't see us drafting one,    I see us signing one or two sometimes during the off-season.

Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 183. Arm: 31.38. Hand: 8.25 
40 Time: 4.35. 
Projected Round (2015): 3-5. 

4/2/16: Sources say that Listenbee is a one-trick pony as a vertical speed receiver, but he isn't a developed wideout for the NFL. At the combine, Listenbee put his speed on display with his fast 40. 

In 2015, Listenbee caught 30 passes for 597 yards (20.6 average) with five touchdowns as the No. 2 receiver to Josh Doctson. One team told WalterFootball.com that they have a fifth-round grade on Listenbee, but in speaking to other teams, some like him more and think he should go a round or two higher. In 2014, Listenbee made 41 catches for 753 yards with four touchdowns. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.php#WdkGfZLv8WYBziuX.99

2 hours ago, AndyColt said:

Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 183. Arm: 31.38. Hand: 8.25 
40 Time: 4.35. 
Projected Round (2015): 3-5. 

4/2/16: Sources say that Listenbee is a one-trick pony as a vertical speed receiver, but he isn't a developed wideout for the NFL. At the combine, Listenbee put his speed on display with his fast 40. 

In 2015, Listenbee caught 30 passes for 597 yards (20.6 average) with five touchdowns as the No. 2 receiver to Josh Doctson. One team told WalterFootball.com that they have a fifth-round grade on Listenbee, but in speaking to other teams, some like him more and think he should go a round or two higher. In 2014, Listenbee made 41 catches for 753 yards with four touchdowns. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.php#WdkGfZLv8WYBziuX.99

Listenbee to me has a lot of the same characteristics to me as Moncrief coming out of college. What I mean is all of that body catching and not knowing how to properly use that large frame. Both players are very fast though I was more impressed with Crief coming out of college.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think this is a terrible class of receivers.....    and I think once you get past the 2nd or 3rd round,  it's not very obvious who is going to be taken where.    I think there are going to be lots of surprises....

"That receiver went that high?!?"       "Can't believe that receiver fell so far and went in that round?!?"

Lots of that kind of talk will happen on the Sunday and Monday after the draft....

WR might be my least favorite position in this year's draft.      I don't see us drafting one,    I see us signing one or two sometimes during the off-season.

I am glad we drafted Dorsett now, after looking at this class of WR. The only receiver I like, and who I think would fit with what we need is Corey Coleman. Luckily, Dorsett will be back, is working hard, and will fill the position perfectly. Montcrief and TY wide, and Dorsett in the slot and hopefully Allen running wide open down the field, and I don't have to worry about him catching the ball.

Also, along with WR, this is definitely the weakest class of TE I have seen in a long time. We are lucky to have the depth we have.

My guy would have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick if not for his "issues" but Demarcus Robinson. If he's there in the 5th or 7th round we really need to take him. Any time you can get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round talent in the 5th, 6th, or 7th you gotta pull the trigger. He'd be perfect for our number 4 WR. He's got Mike Wallace like ability.