Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATED thoughts on GRIGS

Nesjan3

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I think he's the dumbest GM in the NFL. He wants to keep guys like Cole and he doesn't want to sign good young players.  If we don't sign a good corner and a good guard tomorrow it'll really show he doesn't care about getting us to a Super Bowl this season. He wants to wait 2-3 years and then have 5-6 years to maybe win one, instead of loading the team up and going all in now. The only thing he knows how to do is structure contracts. That's it.

Funny, everyone here says they want to get younger and build through the draft... until free-agency starts. Then we want to bring in every single name that's available, and sign them to pennies on the dollar compared to their market value.

And what good, young players were available? Honestly? Did you really want him to give Malik Jackson $15mil/year?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Funny, everyone here says they want to get younger and build through the draft... until free-agency starts. Then we want to bring in every single name that's available, and sign them to pennies on the dollar compared to their market value.

And what good, young players were available? Honestly? Did you really want him to give Malik Jackson $15mil/year?

What? I want us to sign young impact players. Janorris Jenkins or Sean Smith, Jeff Allen, etc. No I wouldn't want Jackson at that price the draft is loaded with DT's this year.

Just now, COLTS449 said:

What? I want us to sign young impact players. Janorris Jenkins or Sean Smith, Jeff Allen, etc. No I wouldn't want Jackson at that price the draft is loaded with DT's this year.

Everybody has players that they'd like to see signed, it doesn't mean that it's feasible. 

8 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

So you mean to tell me you prefer an often Injured TE that can can block as opposed to a guy that can stay on the field stretch and go vertical and be a mismatch nightmare for defenses? i believe i did come correct when i addressed skill set and production. 

Who is the mismatch nightmare of a TE?  He hasn't been playing for the Colts.

6 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Grigs actually did the right thing taking Allen over fleener and I dislike Grigson more then everyone on the forum 

I doubt you dislike him more than I do. After all the dumb moves he's made I get mad every time I see his face. Always wearing those sunglasses. I could rant about his incompetency all day but I'm trying to avoid this discussion.

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I doubt you dislike him more than I do. After all the dumb moves he's made I get made every time I see his face. Always wearing those sunglasses. I could rant about his incompetency all day but I'm trying to avoid this discussion.

Trust me you don't can't stand that stupid *

9 hours ago, DougDew said:

So far this offseason, Grigs is hitting with good decisions. 

CUT AJ: Good

CUT Freeman:  Very Good

Retaining Cole at reduced pay:  Good

DA re-signing:  Bad

CUT AJ: Good

CUT Freeman:  Very Good

Retaining Cole at reduced pay:  Good

DA re-signing:  Bad

CUT Werner: Good

Retaining Vinateri: Good

Another bad decision by Grigson IMO.  I don't have anything against Allen but I don't think he's anything near the caliber of player we are paying for.  Fleener should have been the guy.  TE's get paid for their receiving abilities not their blocking abilities.  

20 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

To be fair this would be the time to sign a CB2 instead of drafting one just due to the depth available in FA.  I personally like Prince Amukamara.  Solid value player IMO.  

A low price value player I'd also like to get is Bidal Powell for RB2/3rd down back.  This team HAS to get a good pass catching back.  When we had Bradshaw on the field, our offense looked unstoppable just because of how well he could catch passes.  And that was even when we where wasting downs handing Trent Richardson the ball.  

Powell wouldn't cost that much but a player like him is the piece we need to make our offense a top 5 offense again.  (presuming Luck stays healthy)

7 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

are you being serious or trolling? Ive seen Fleener go up and catch jump balls also using his speed to get separation from defenders. 

When does Fleener ever go up and pluck the ball over a defender?  Never

and he doesn't get much separation.....unless it's 30 yards downfield or a misdirection play.

8 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He cant stay healthy though what dumb move are we going to do next.

It's a gamble and they overplayed, but I would rather take that than pay Fleener.  Or the better option may have been to let them both walk.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:26 AM, IVORYsDAD said:

Fleener is not that good he's average at best cant compare to Dwayne Allen end of story. Grigson made the right move

Well they are two different types of TE. Fleener is a pure pass catching TE. His purpose was never to be blocking the edge. Allen's biggest issue is his health. Personally I think it was a toss up between the two. You get different players from those two.

Just now, theanarchist said:

Well they are two different types of TE. Fleener is a pure pass catching TE. His purpose was never to be blocking the edge. Allen's biggest issue is his health. Personally I think it was a toss up between the two. You get different players from those two.

The problem for Fleener is he isn't all that great of a receiver.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:07 AM, Nesjan3 said:

Well for me i was very upset about the Grigson extension, i felt like it should have been either Pagano leaves as well as Grigs or Pagano stays and Grigs leaves...that obviously did not happen. Anyways i got over it and began to fill myself with optimism and hope for the next season, but this recent move in resigning Allen to a deal way off point and more than likely leaving Fleener to walk has got my blood boiling and i have gotten back on the Grigs hate train, everyone knows the pros and cons of the Allen, Fleener situation so that is not the discussion, this is strictly to talk about Grigson our fantastic GM

This is my opinion: He better hit a homerun with this draft or he will seal his own fate. You can't keep missing on first rounder and with the 18th pick he damn well better find a player that steps in and makes an impact. We have numerous holes and depth issues and if he fails to plug some of those holes it could be disastrous not only for him but for Luck and the rest of the team.

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

The problem for Fleener is he isn't all that great of a receiver.

He  has had some drop issues but obviously the Saints liked his abilities. I think Allen had just as many issues with dropping the ball. I'm just being honest. I don't mind the move but I think it was riskier to keep Allen than Fleener because of the injury issues.