Caldwell Retained, Interviewed Spag As Dc (No Longer Valid) *closed*

Case

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's about the best outcome you can hope for with Caldwell being retained. If we hire Spags, that's one heck of an acquisition. Hopefully would take care of some of our problems on defense.

I loved the traditional Phily defense...(where Spagnola began)

..attack style...jail break blitzes.....Much less cover-2 on 2nd and 3rd down.

the players will like it,too...

and he'll want us to use draft picks on 'D' which is something Polian didnt do

If this is Grigson's first move....its a good one

Doesn't mean Spags coming here yet, would have like role switched, Spags HC (next season after?)- So when Caldwell bottoms out with new pieces, what will the excsues be to keep him then? If Caldwell gets an extension, I'm done with Colts.

What if Caldwell wins? Then what? You still done with the Colts?

I loved the traditional Phily defense...(where Spagnola began)

..attack style...jail break blitzes.....Much less cover-2 on 2nd and 3rd down.

the players will like it,too...

and he'll want us to use draft picks on 'D' which is something Polian didnt do

If this is Grigson's first move....its a good one

We have the players to use a more aggressive defense, at least up front. We need a safety and a corner (or two), but our defensive line is not as bad as people make it out to be. We have three linebackers who can blitz from either side, and we have a tackling machine in the middle.

Spags was on my pipe dream wish list as a coordinator. I would love, love, LOVE to see him come here. And doesn't he have ties to Grigson from their Philly days? I really hope this happens...

I will be ECSTATIC if we can get Spags to be our DC. That guy struggled as a coach but I think he will be solid as def coordinator again. Maybe we can get some solid run defense for a change? I agree that our defense isn't as bad as some might think. We have a good corner in Powers and a great FS in Bethea. The LB corps is solid; with fast Will and SAM backers and as said...a "tackling machine" in the middle with Angerer. That cat will only get better.

The defensive line needs to be improved though. Moala and Jonson are pretty good but we need a more athletic NT who can really push the interior. Anderson showed some signs to be good but Hughes is a complete bust.. Freeney and Mathis are both at or over 9 years in the league and it's time to get some new blood in the draft.

I would love if we could get a SS, DE, and NT in this draft but that will be tough because we also need QB, WR, and TE.

I would love Spags here!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and me both. The thing during his heydey with the Giants they had similar defensive personnel as the Colts have now. What the Colts would need to add is 1 or two more man cover CBs(I think Powers and KT skills are more suited to man coverage, but Powers is going to miss games and you really need three man corners with spags D) and a man coverage safety. But he could really work with the dline and LBers on the Colts roster.