Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not Sold on the 49ers [Merge]

oldunclemark

..what was lost Saturday is that the vaunted SF defense was shredded by Drew Brees...

Over 450 yards passing...even though they knew what was coming..and with 5 early turnovers

..SF's D-linemen seemed to wear down and out...

NOLA scored at will in the final minutes...

.....Eli isnt Brees...but SF has work to do

..what was lost Saturday is that the vaunted SF defense was shredded by Drew Brees...

Over 450 yards passing...even though they knew what was coming..and with 5 early turnovers

....and the Packers went 15-1 yet one&done in the playoffs for the first time in history to the 9-7 regular season Giants. What I liked about NYG's approach was to go out and take that game by playing aggressively and better fundamentally. Besides, Drew Brees shredded just about everyone in a record setting year. It's a team game though. Many folks here thought there was no way anyone would get past NO or GB - and that was incorrect.

I very much like both title game matchups. I think it will be BALT and NYG for all the marbles.

....and the Packers went 15-1 yet one&done in the playoffs for the first time in history to the 9-7 regular season Giants. What I liked about NYG's approach was to go out and take that game by playing aggressively and better fundamentally. Besides, Drew Brees shredded just about everyone in a record setting year. It's a team game though. Many folks here thought there was no way anyone would get past NO or GB - and that was incorrect.

I very much like both title game matchups. I think it will be BALT and NYG for all the marbles.

I sure dont think the NYGs care about playing on the road...at this point.

Your right he did have 450 passing yards. . . .and only 61 attempts to do it, meanwhile Darren Sproles and their TE Graham had a couple of nice runs after the catch. I personally think the 9er D played great against the saints. Who cares that he put up 450 yds; is he playing this weekend? Didn't think so

Your right he did have 450 passing yards. . . .and only 61 attempts to do it, meanwhile Darren Sproles and their TE Graham had a couple of nice runs after the catch. I personally think the 9er D played great against the saints. Who cares that he put up 450 yds; is he playing this weekend? Didn't think so

But the points...that's the first time..anybody has just burned down the 49ers defense..

..and they did play a weak schedule...

...will they bow down to the NYGs....?

But the points...that's the first time..anybody has just burned down the 49ers defense..

..and they did play a weak schedule...

...will they bow down to the NYGs....?

To be fair the 49ers could not move the ball in the late 2nd, 3rd and early 4th quarter. The defense played great forcing 4 turnovers and then the 1 on special teams. Not moving the ball, that lead to the Saints getting more offensive snaps. Had they been able to even run the ball a little more and sustain a few drives, that yardage total would be a lot lower. The Saints won the time of possession in that game too.

We've seen this season with the Colts, when the offense can't move the ball it leads to the defense being on the field for a long time and they get tired and burned.

To be fair the 49ers could not move the ball in the late 2nd, 3rd and early 4th quarter. The defense played great forcing 4 turnovers and then the 1 on special teams. Not moving the ball, that lead to the Saints getting more offensive snaps. Had they been able to even run the ball a little more and sustain a few drives, that yardage total would be a lot lower. The Saints won the time of possession in that game too.

We've seen this season with the Colts, when the offense can't move the ball it leads to the defense being on the field for a long time and they get tired and burned.

To be totally accurate though..

SF was helpless in the fourth quarter..

NOLA score at ease and at will....

The top defense was annihilated by the top offense....on the defenses' home turf

The offense wore down the defense......that's the game we play today.....

the NYGs wore down the Pack 'D'...

What are you talking about? They ran the ball and Smith made some clutch throws. I'm not saying he played lights out or anything. He still doesn't impress me as an NFL caliber quarterback. Anyway... They played very solid D all game until Brees started to heat up in the 4th quarter. It was a hard fought game, but San Francisco fought a little harder. Why all the hate?

Ok so are people really hopping on their bandwagon? They got lucky to get to the no.2 seed and then just got totally exposed by NO this week after hearing that they play solid D. This team isn't any good, they are pretenders.

I could not agree more, M2D

I saw a team that was helpless on defense at the end of the game.

Unless they briong back Steve Young this month,, they arent going to win any Super Bowl...

..and next season....look out below...

What are you talking about? They ran the ball and Smith made some clutch throws. I'm not saying he played lights out or anything. He still doesn't impress me as an NFL caliber quarterback. Anyway... They played very solid D all game until Brees started to heat up in the 4th quarter. It was a hard fought game, but San Francisco fought a little harder. Why all the hate?

Lucky turnovers. Also lucky Greg Williams kept on calling blitzes, leaving Vernon Davis open all game.

Lucky turnovers. Also lucky Greg Williams kept on calling blitzes, leaving Vernon Davis open all game.

They went against the top passer in the league and still came out on top. They got worn down at the end of the game and started to give up points. But the offense stepped up when it needed to and bailed out the defense, who had been bailing the offense out. They played better as a team than the Saints. All this game proved to me is that San Francisco still needs a franchise QB.

Ok so are people really hopping on their bandwagon? They got lucky to get to the no.2 seed and then just got totally exposed by NO this week after hearing that they play solid D. This team isn't any good, they are pretenders.

I guess most of the Colts teams this past decade were frauds too? They have played good football and have won. The Saints gave them a golden opportunity, but SF took it. I would say the same for the Giants. Are they frauds too?

It's fun to root for the little guy. Relax a little bit and enjoy the football without the cynicism and you'll have a better time as a fan, I promise.

It's fun to root for the little guy. Relax a little bit and enjoy the football without the cynicism and you'll have a better time as a fan, I promise.

Amazing so few just watch the football for the game instead of frauds,contenders,goats,class....blah blah

To be totally accurate though..

SF was helpless in the fourth quarter..

NOLA score at ease and at will....

The top defense was annihilated by the top offense....on the defenses' home turf

The offense wore down the defense......that's the game we play today.....

the NYGs wore down the Pack 'D'...

Well of course because coming into the 4th the Niners defense had been on the field all game. Of course they are going to get burned. Any defense that is on the field all game because the offense cant move the ball will get burned. And like others said it took brees 63 attempts to get 462 yards. I'd say overall the Niners did a good job of forcing turnovers and making the Saints offense one dimensional which is why Brees had 63 attempts.

Had the niners not forced 4 turn overs on defense the Saints would have scored way more than 32 points.