Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Megatron told Jim Caldwell 2015 was his last year

RockThatBlue

13 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

He should pull a Moss and finish his career with Brady.  

I'd like that. Brady never won a SB with Randy Moss. A big reason is it changed Brady's offense to take more 5 and 7 step drops. Brady's O-line or any O-line will never be good enough to sustain it against good D-lines, one of which Brady is bound to run into in the playoffs. When Brady went back to his "death by a thousand paper cuts" offense with multiple TEs and/or pass catching RBs with good OL protection, that is when he won a SB again. Brady's strength has never been throwing outside the numbers much, it has always been attacking the middle. It would be great for the numbers and fantasy football, not great for winning championships.

What a dominant player during his prime. I can respect the fact that he wanted to retire while he was still one of the top receivers in the game. Some might say it was better retiring than playing till the very end like other previous top WRs and watching them become shells of their former selves. I personally think he had a few more good years left, but I understand why he decided on retirement.

He would be walking away from a lot of money left on his deal for sure. $24,008,000.00 roughly next year alone though obviously his reasons clearly have nothing to do with money related....Still a ton of money. He is also under contract until 2020...Detroit could have cut him after the 2017 season with no dead cap hit taken on.

I think its health related more then any other reason. He probably just wants to get out while he is still young and still can without long lasting affects of injuries that have taken there toll. Seems once ya get in your 30's bumps and bruises and breaks don't heal as quick or as well as they used to.

Whatever he does I wish him the best, Seems like a pretty good dude. I do agree this would be a huge loss obviously. Lions still have Golden Tate who is pretty damn good however but not much else at wr proven anyway. I do however think TJ Jones out of Notre Dame could produce at a high level as a #2 wr  but losing Johnson would be a big loss

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Let's say he returns and says he wants to be traded.  What teams do you think would make an offer to take on Johnson (who has slowed down a bit, even though he remains one of the league's best) and his huge salary?

Probably zero.    

14 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Let's say he returns and says he wants to be traded.  What teams do you think would make an offer to take on Johnson (who has slowed down a bit, even though he remains one of the league's best) and his huge salary?

the browns maybe :)

of course it would cost them too much and end in utter failure