Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you want to see in the Super Bowl?

ColtStrong

Going strictly from the playoffs like the Seattle / Carolina game and the Green Bay / Arizona game anything can happen but like millions of fans I will root against the Evil Empire of Darth Belichick. I do not want to see Peyton walk away without a SB trophy this year assuming this is his last year.

For me, I would like to see Car/Pats in the SB.   It would be a rematch of SB38.  With Carolina's D and the Pats' O (if it is back to Nov. form which is hopefully is), it will be a fist fight. 

That combo would likely be the best combo of the four teams.  However, if Peyton can get back to early 2013 form the Denver/Carolina would be a great too. 

It should be fun regardless of who gets in. 

One caveat would be Carlson Palmer, like to see him get a ring, but if his play this pass weekend is a foreshadow of his play the rest of the playoffs, then I think AZ might be the worst team of the 4 to make it to the SB and perhaps the least entertaining.

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know me too. I don't get the love the Pats are getting from some of the Colts fans in here. Makes me want to puke actually. Several Colts fans on this Site want the Pats to beat Denver. SMH.

Common sense is a lost art form now-a-days.

I'm obviously rooting against New England but I'd hate to see what either of the 2 NFC teams could do to Peyton what they have the potential to do even if they don't play their best game.

Both NFC teams deserve so may the best team win. FWIW what Cam did with that sign was small potatoes. 

3 hours ago, SkyBane said:

Please explain how hating Denver more than New England as a Colts fan qualifies as common sense. Seems like personal taste to me.

Sure. "Personal taste" can contain anything. Even masochistic ones. Like ColtsFans rooting for Tom Brady & the New England Patriots. 

Denver - Arizona  This would be ideal for a few reasons:

1.  Peyton gains the lifetime advantage over Brady in head-to-head AFC Championship games     (3-1) and head-to-head playoff games in general.

2. If Denver does get to the SB and looses, I'd rather see AZ (Arians, Fitzgerald and Freeney) get a ring than Carolina.

3. Peyton goes out with another ring. This is ideal for one of the greatest QBs we've ever seen, a man of talent, intelligence and CHARACTER.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Found the ESPN poll again,  looks like its shifting

http://espn.go.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/19057/vote-which-super-bowl-matchup-would-you-most-like-to-see

But dang, the whole world wants to see Panthers Patriots

As of now, it's 35% for Pats v. Panthers and 27% Cards v. Broncos. (these are the front-runners)

I think most want to see a physical & hard-hitting Super Bowl. Personally, I get it. However, the Patriot replay of getting there is getting old. Newton & Brady are more popular than Manning/Palmer to the younger audience. So, there's that.

2 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

As of now, it's 35% for Pats v. Panthers and 27% Cards v. Broncos. (these are the front-runners)

I think most want to see a physical & hard-hitting Super Bowl. Personally, I get it. However, the Patriot replay of getting there is getting old. Newton & Brady are more popular than Manning/Palmer to the younger audience. So, there's that.

Broncos D is more hard hitting than the Patriots.  If the Panthers and Patriots play, I will find something else to do during that time.  Like chew aluminum or scratch my nails across a chalkboard.  Both of which would be more enjoyable to me.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Broncos D is more hard hitting than the Patriots.  If the Panthers and Patriots play, I will find something else to do during that time.  Like chew aluminum or scratch my nails across a chalkboard.  Both of which would be more enjoyable to me.

"chew aluminum"? haha  Nice. I like that. Hahahahahaaaaaa. :) 

1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

1st choice... cardinals

2nd choice... broncos

3rd choice... panthers

4th choice... pic-gun_to_head-2.jpg

If the Broncos lose Sunday I wont even watch the SB. I am going out of town anyway that weekend on business so I will just put it on the weather channel and lay in my hotel room if NE is in it and get extra rest haha instead of partying somewhere.

2 hours ago, ColtRider said:

ya but look at how large the New York and California Populations are.  They account for a large portion of the total percentage voting for that matchup.  that is why I look at each state individually.  Kind of treat it like the Senate, rather than the house.  Just cause you have a bigger population, doesn't mean you get a bigger say over a state like Nebraska.