Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaylon Smith Has ACL & MCL Tears

Probably now a 3rd rounder. It sucks wasting a 1st or 2nd on a person and you won't get to see him on the field until the next season. I wish him luck and a speedy recovery. Some people are never the same after a serious injury. With luck and great medical staff, hope he comes out with iron legs like Adrian Peterson did. 

I don't think he falls farther than the 2nd round.

And I would not be surprised to see one of the teams drafting at the bottom of the 1st round select him there.

They'd be getting a top-5/10 talent at the bottom of the round and even if he doesn't play in 2016,  those teams are very good teams and would be getting a shot at a player they normally don't have a chance at.

So, I think 1st round is still a possibility.  

Do I think it's likely?      Maybe not.     But do I think it's possible?      Yes.

Just visited NFL.com...

Came across this disappointing story....    Smith has ACL/MCL tears,  and POSSIBLE nerve damage!

Yikes!!

If this turns out to be true,  he's out of the first round,  and maybe even out of the 2nd too.    He'll be examined at the combine by NFL docs.

And then teams that are still interested will fly him in for private exams by team docs.   That's who will determine Smith's future.      Doctors.

Then the GM's and HC's and Owners will have to take all that into serious consideration.

Wow......    just feel terrible for the kid.    Just terrible.

His draft status may come down to how good his agent is. Think 2003 Willis Mcgahee and the nasty injury he suffered, tears to the ACL, PCL and MCL. As much as I disliked D. Rosenhaus, he did a great job selling Mcgahee. Ended up still being a 1st rd pick.

12 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah He won't get touched till the early second round at most, maybe 3rd considering the decent depth at ILB this class. There's a slim chance he could be Marcus Lattimore which will scare some teams off.

I couldn't be that bad. Latty dislocated his knee and pretty much destroyed everything. It was gruesome. 

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Probably cost at least a future 2nd and 4th, maybe 2nd and 3rd.  Doesn't matter, either would be worth it to me.

Could even be conditional. Kind of hard to bang out those details during the draft, but you could make it a 2017 2nd and a 2018 3rd if Smith plays a certain amount of games in 2017, if not then it's a 2018 4th. 

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Could even be conditional. Kind of hard to bang out those details during the draft, but you could make it a 2017 2nd and a 2018 3rd if Smith plays a certain amount of games in 2017, if not then it's a 2018 4th. 

I don't know he pasts that long, but I suppose there's a lot of medical info that teams will want before doing anything. If we didn't have so many needs that need filled now, I'd endorse picking him at 2.18. I still wouldn't be mad if they did it anyway.