Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vinatieri On Peyton

Peyton and Eli fan

If you're talking about what he said talking with Hill & Shlereth, I think that's a little out of context. AV obviously stated he was no doctor or examiner, but added that Peyton looked good in the weight room running, working out & such, then he added that of course running through dills & playing at game speed are two different things...

I really didn't get the whole CONCERN thing, he was really just stating the obvious... game speed/taking hits = different from running drills

I got more of a sense that AV feels Peyton is working/rehabbing hard, & that he truly believes Peyton will be playing football again...

well he already curls up into a fetal position if the D is closing in, and i dont think i ever saw him run a QB sneak.

he is as close to unhittable as a guy could get .

You must be a new Colts fan. Peyton has done several QB sneaks. The best one was when # 85 Ken Dilger made the comment "I looked up and saw a giraffe running to the end zone" !!

He's making the rounds on ESPN today. Just heard him say that he's watched Peyton and thinks he looks really good with his throwing. He said the concern was his ability to take hits.

Its all about him taking hits...

..but we cannot know that until August..and maybe not then..

that;'s why it was so important that he retrun to play in a game last year..

Now..we may be into September before we know if he can take a hit.

If you're talking about what he said talking with Hill & Shlereth, I think that's a little out of context. AV obviously stated he was no doctor or examiner, but added that Peyton looked good in the weight room running, working out & such, then he added that of course running through dills & playing at game speed are two different things...

I really didn't get the whole CONCERN thing, he was really just stating the obvious... game speed/taking hits = different from running drills

I got more of a sense that AV feels Peyton is working/rehabbing hard, & that he truly believes Peyton will be playing football again...

Good to hear

You must be a new Colts fan. Peyton has done several QB sneaks. The best one was when # 85 Ken Dilger made the comment "I looked up and saw a giraffe running to the end zone" !!

Remember when he ran that bootleg for 30 yards against the Raiders...?

But it was the raiders. Nobody touched him

Its all about him taking hits...

..but we cannot know that until August..and maybe not then..

that;'s why it was so important that he retrun to play in a game last year..

Now..we may be into September before we know if he can take a hit.

Having him play a game last year before he was ready, wouldnt have really told us how Peyton would be 6 or 7 months from then, though...which is how much time there is from the last game of this past season, and training camp/preseason for next season.

at the time I was mad he didn't run the extra 5 yards for the TD...

Can you imagine peoples reactions when Peyton comes back & pulls stunts like that???

He did exactly the right thing. He made a first down and allowed the Colts to run the clock out without giving up the ball to the Raiders. He was being chased down and so there is no proof he would have made it into the endzone anyway. All they needed to do was get a first down and then run out the clock. Peyton has brains.

He did exactly the right thing. He made a first down and allowed the Colts to run the clock out without giving up the ball to the Raiders. He was being chased down and so there is no proof he would have made it into the endzone anyway. All they needed to do was get a first down and then run out the clock. Peyton has brains.

and mouth..he may have known he had some problems and needed a checkup from the neck up

He's making the rounds on ESPN today. Just heard him say that he's watched Peyton and thinks he looks really good with his throwing. He said the concern was his ability to take hits.

This sounds encouraging... I think all we care about is throwing quality. I would think that Adam as a veteran would be a bit objective in his assessment, but we can only hope.

I can assure you that he will be perfectly fine to take hits by August (at least with respect to the cervical level where he had surgery--I clearly don't know anything about the rest of his neck at the non-fused levels).

Yeah I know, i was joking around because Peyton slid down just before the goal line, my point is to imagine what people's reactions will be when he pulls moves like that in the future...

This sounds encouraging... I think all we care about is throwing quality. I would think that Adam as a veteran would be a bit objective in his assessment, but we can only hope.

I can assure you that he will be perfectly fine to take hits by August (at least with respect to the cervical level where he had surgery--I clearly don't know anything about the rest of his neck at the non-fused levels).

Can I put extra weight on your opinion because of the suggestive implications of your screen name???

said the guy with two posts.

he has bootlegged a few times, but a flat out sneak?

ken dilger? 1) if you reach back to dilger days, then you are sort of making the point. 2) how exactly would a tight end see a QB sneak as seeing a giraffe running to the end zone? evidently peyton broke the line of scrimmage and made it to the open field? really??

i could see someone saying with saturday you dont get a push, so dont try....

said the guy with two posts.

he has bootlegged a few times, but a flat out sneak?

ken dilger? 1) if you reach back to dilger days, then you are sort of making the point. 2) how exactly would a tight end see a QB sneak as seeing a giraffe running to the end zone? evidently peyton broke the line of scrimmage and made it to the open field? really??

i could see someone saying with saturday you dont get a push, so dont try....

Way to jump down somebodies throat. Yes Peyton has done a few goaline sneaks to get into the endzone, it hasn't been anything spectacular but to say he hasn't done it is absolutely absurd. . . . case in point http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRTno1r2atU

well he already curls up into a fetal position if the D is closing in, and i dont think i ever saw him run a QB sneak.

he is as close to unhittable as a guy could get .

Nope he ran & even scored, may have been hurry up plays cant remember

To be fair if you watch the clip he surely would have made it if he wanted.

But he cared more about getting the first down and keeping the clock running than scoring, I think the only reason he went that far was to see if he could have made it.

But he cared more about getting the first down and keeping the clock running than scoring, I think the only reason he went that far was to see if he could have made it.

you are right

even the most sagelike veterans would have run it into endzone regardless. imagine the adreneline flowing at a moment like that. to always know exactly what to do given the gametime situation is just insane

Freak

Of

Nature

Peyton is just smart....

of course every fan in all the NFL 31 other teams say Peyton should retire...they just dont want us beating their team anymore :)

The thing that bothers me is the dozens of Colts fans on this board that will ignore what AV has said as they have already ignored similar reports in the past.

If you take out the fact that he hasn't taken a live hit - there is no doubt Peyton will be (or may be already) 100% ready to go. There are many people on here (who want Luck) that will still say Peyton may not be ready etc etc. From a QB skills perspective - he is ready to play! People need to understand that.

you are right

even the most sagelike veterans would have run it into endzone regardless. imagine the adreneline flowing at a moment like that. to always know exactly what to do given the gametime situation is just insane

Freak

Of

Nature

or Brian Westbrook, I'm STILL P****ED , he cost me 6 points that fantasy game! (or MJD but >>> Jacksonville)

I think the best way to >>> a >>> into a piece of wood is with a >>>driver. Really, I can't say >>>?

Edit

Edited by Coltssouth
Improper for a family friendly forum

Way to jump down somebodies throat. Yes Peyton has done a few goaline sneaks to get into the endzone, it hasn't been anything spectacular but to say he hasn't done it is absolutely absurd. . . . case in point http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRTno1r2atU

first off, the dude starts off a post 'you must be a new colts fan'. anyone can be wrong, but to start off with that just invites sharp reply. add in the fact he used a bootleg as an example of a sneak, and I'M the bad guy?

i might well be wrong in the word never, but he does not do so often. i dont remember the one in the game you showed, but it does dovetail well with the observation of seldom, does it not? a sneak in what was the most important game of his career, and a tendency breaker?

you are right

Freak

Of

Nature

And Tom Brady would have run it in and then spiked it like he was the best thing since the invention of Gatoraid (can't stand the stuff, but I thought a football analogy would be helpful). He's not just a freak of nature, he has terrific character.

His neck is no more susceptible to injury than it has ever been, and maybe even less so. BTW, Peyton has never been afraid to take a hit, just smart enough to know when it's not worth it. We're talking about a guy that left the field for only 1 play after getting his jaw broken.

His neck is no more susceptible to injury than it has ever been, and maybe even less so. BTW, Peyton has never been afraid to take a hit, just smart enough to know when it's not worth it. We're talking about a guy that left the field for only 1 play after getting his jaw broken.

This. There is a quote out there somewhere that his neck will be even stronger now!

or Brian Westbrook, I'm STILL P****ED , he cost me 6 points that fantasy game! (or MJD but >>> Jacksonville)

I think the best way to >>> a >>> into a piece of wood is with a >>>driver. Really, I can't say >>>?

Edit

...and the winner of most mature post is......

I don't know but Teen Wolf 2 was a very bad movie, so was Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights and The Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyber Space. The latter two movies I havent seen I'm just taking a wild guess.

ok? You...uh...felling alright today Malakai?

There you go...

Get ready for Pey-Luck