Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peytons back in against SD.

scooter4910

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I take it you didn't watch the game

Nope want around.  Only caught the end on the radio really.  He came in halfway through the third correct?  He was 5/9 for 62 or 69 yards.   

That doesn't scream amazing to me. 

Just now, Narcosys said:

Nope want around.  Only caught the end on the radio really.  He came in halfway through the third correct?  He was 5/9 for 62 or 69 yards.   

You said in garbage time.    They were trailing in the 4th quarter until a late td.  There is more to playing qb than passing yards.  Reading a defense pre snap and getting into the right play and protection is a huge part as well

46 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Yes it does. There are pro and cons in both cases and it's not heresy to admit it.

I just saw one of your other posts suggesting they should have kept Osweiler in even if they lose. What sense does that make? There's no sense in having any further discussion with someone taking that stance.

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

LOL, he knew what to call because of his vast experience. Peyton put them in the best plays.

1 minute ago, 18Manning said:

I just saw one of your other posts suggesting they should have kept Osweiler in even if they lose. What sense does that make? There's no sense in having any further discussion with someone taking that stance.

It's because he hates Peyton haha I just laugh at the haters at this point. Point proven today. I really don't want to start anything so I will leave out who I want to call out that said Peyton was done but they look pretty silly about now and they know who they are. Cant wait for the Playoffs.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's because he hates Peyton haha I just laugh at the haters at this point. Point proven today. I really don't want to start anything so I will leave out who I want to call out that said Peyton was done but they look pretty silly about now and they know who they are. Cant wait for the Playoffs.

It's unreal how blinded some of these people are by their dislike for Peyton. I realize Peyton isn't who he was, so don't call me blinded by my love of Peyton. It's only logical to use a HEALTHY, rested Peyton. He brings a lot more to the line than a young, inexperienced Osweiler.

Just now, 18Manning said:

It's unreal how blinded some of these people are by their dislike for Peyton. I realize Peyton isn't who he was, so don't call me blinded by my love of Peyton. It's only logical to use a HEALTHY, rested Peyton. He brings a lot more to the line than a young, inexperienced Osweiler.

I agree 100%. I think most of the people that didn't want Peyton back just don't like him and want to see him fail or they don't want their team to play against him. I have said that for weeks. LOL Great Post, my love for Peyton has nothing to do with wanting him back either, if I thought he was done I would say sit on the bench. I just knew he wasn't and I also know Brock cant beat Tom or Ben In a Playoff game, Peyton can.

22 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Which is why watching the game is different than looking at the box score after the game.

The Broncos would have lost this game had Peyton not come in.  He took the reins and made the calls - Brock can't read the D and was getting pounded.  Peyton read the coverage and got the yardage whether it called for runs or passes.  

The last couple years Peyton has had a good first half of the season and not played as well as the season went on.  This year he took off the middle of the season and was fresh.  He only has 3 games to go.  He just could pull it off.  (Maybe he'll retire then :P)

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

And just like that there is a Gary Kubiak bandwagon in the Peyton Manning camp.

It's not a point about any Kubiak / Manning camp. Manning was the starter till he was injured. He is still the starter.. I am pretty sure that the FO of Denver wants Manning to have his chance because of what he has brought to the Broncos since he has been there. Elway knows from experience what having an experienced QB can bring. When Elway won his last ring it was the defense and the running game that made it happen.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's not a point about any Kubiak / Manning camp. Manning was the starter till he was injured. He is still the starter.. I am pretty sure that the FO of Denver wants Manning to have his chance because of what he has brought to the Broncos since he has been there. Elway knows from experience what having an experienced QB can bring. When Elway won his last ring it was the defense and the running game that made it happen.

You're going to turn blue in the face trying to reason, but as a Colts fan, a blue face is good. :)

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's not your point but it's a point worth mentioning. Kubiak has been called the worst coach in this league by many on this forum, then just now his decision was referenced as if he's some genius. 

5 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

It's not your point but it's a point worth mentioning. Kubiak has been called the worst coach in this league by many on this forum, then just now his decision was referenced as if he's some genius. 

It don't take a genius for a coach to put the starting QB in the game when the back up is struggling. Football 101. Pagano put a 5th string in and got a touchdown by running a more hurried offense. Was that genius? Or was it just doing their jobs?

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

It don't take a genius for a coach to put the starting QB in the game when the back up is struggling. Football 101.

It don't take a page out of the Football 101 book to make a bandwagon for the least thought of coach in the league either, and that's not why everyone's suddenly a fan.

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

It don't take a page out of the Football 101 book to make a bandwagon for the least thought of coach in the league either, and that's not why everyone's suddenly a fan.

The least thought of coach in the league? Sorry, Kubiak still has a job on the #1 seeded team in the AFC. Where you come up with the thought that Kubiak is the least thought of coach in the NFL is beyond me. Maybe you are confusing your personal thoughts?

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The least thought of coach in the league? Sorry, Kubiak still has a job on the #1 seeded team in the AFC. Where you come up with the thought that Kubiak is the least thought of coach in the NFL is beyond me. Maybe you are confusing your personal thoughts?

Are you really going to pretend that opinion hasn't been voiced many times on this forum...

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He scored on 4 possessions and brought Denver from behind and 0 Turnovers.

Did he score or did the running backs? Semantics really,  but they obviously weren't relying on his passing is my point.  

I hope he can carry the momentum into the divisional round.  The criticism if they lose to the Steelers again...

Assuming they get past a Dalton - less Bengals.

14 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Did he score or did the running backs? Semantics really,  but they obviously weren't relying on his passing is my point.  

I hope he can carry the momentum into the divisional round.  The criticism if they lose to the Steelers again...

Assuming they get past a Dalton - less Bengals.

If the bengals advance 

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If the bengals advance 

Ya the assuming part was for the statement above that,  the Steelers  beating the Bengals.

Either way the chiefs are beating the texans so the broncos will get one of two tough teams.  I think the Steelers can beat the Patriots so they may advance to the AFCCG and the broncos get them anyways.  Tough road all around.

57 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ya the assuming part was for the statement above that,  the Steelers  beating the Bengals.

Either way the chiefs are beating the texans so the broncos will get one of two tough teams.  I think the Steelers can beat the Patriots so they may advance to the AFCCG and the broncos get them anyways.  Tough road all around.

Steelers win and they automatically go to Denver. Broncos will be out for revenge after that second half debacle in Pittsburgh.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nobody is blinded and trust me, we don't hate Peyton...but be a little realistic here. He came in for one half and played well against a 4 win team. That doesn't mean there is no room for celebration and that fans shouldn't be encouraged...they absolutely should be. But at the same time it isn't the circumstance that I would use to say that those who doubted 'look pretty silly' and were 'proven wrong'. Today was a great day for him and for Broncos fans, but just keep grounded with the expectations here based on this one half of football, because it may be a little early to jump around and say 'I told you so' and in the end, we still may be right.

10 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Nobody is blinded and trust me, we don't hate Peyton...but be a little realistic here. He came in for one half and played well against a 4 win team. That doesn't mean there is no room for celebration and that fans shouldn't be encouraged...they absolutely should be. But at the same time it isn't the circumstance that I would use to say that those who doubted 'look pretty silly' and were 'proven wrong'. Today was a great day for him and for Broncos fans, but just keep grounded with the expectations here based on this one half of football, because it may be a little early to jump around and say 'I told you so' and in the end, we still may be right.

Kubiak is not saying who will start for the post-season. He is in an almost impossible situation. There is no question that Brock has the physical abilities to run his offense better but Manning is able to put the offense in better position with his audibles and up tempo offense but he can't make the throws. If it is Pitt coming in and it is cold and/or snowing it will be a tough call. I think he has to name Manning the starter and live or die with him. Better to go down with Manning than Brock. Or he could start Brock and have a quick hook. Just a no win for Kubiak with the decision. Denver fanbase is completely split as well.

30 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Kubiak is not saying who will start for the post-season. He is in an almost impossible situation. There is no question that Brock has the physical abilities to run his offense better but Manning is able to put the offense in better position with his audibles and up tempo offense but he can't make the throws. If it is Pitt coming in and it is cold and/or snowing it will be a tough call. I think he has to name Manning the starter and live or die with him. Better to go down with Manning than Brock. Or he could start Brock and have a quick hook. Just a no win for Kubiak with the decision. Denver fanbase is completely split as well.

How is it a no-win situation by going with the QB that gives them the best chance to win in Manning? For the last time, Manning's inability to make throws was in large part due to his injury that appears to be mostly healed.

4 minutes ago, Restored said:

How is it a no-win situation by going with the QB that gives them the best chance to win in Manning? For the last time, Manning's inability to make throws was in large part due to his injury that appears to be mostly healed.

If Kubiak felt that way, he would have started Manning yesterday and already named him the starter for the post-season. It is no win because if the Broncos lose, whoever he named starter will be looked at as the wrong decision.

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

If Kubiak felt that way, he would have started Manning yesterday and already named him the starter for the post-season. It is no win because if the Broncos lose, whoever he named starter will be looked at as the wrong decision.

Not true. Kubiak in all likelihood thought that the team was going to play well against a bottom-feeder team with Brock at the helm. When they didn't, the decision to go to Manning was obvious. You roll with Manning and see where he takes you as he gives them the best chance to win. 

I admit when they put Peyton in I was a bit nervous since he hadn't played or even really practiced much since Nov. 15.  I thought to myself I hope they don't get him killed.  But he did his thing, and hearing those audibles from the line was music to my ears. 

Some said he'd never play another game for Denver ever again.  Those somebody's were wrong.

Who knows what will happen going  forward.  Right now I am feeling a sense of relief and satisfaction that he was able to play, and be the leader they needed yesterday.  And yes my dream is still alive.  

10 minutes ago, Restored said:

Not true. Kubiak in all likelihood thought that the team was going to play well against a bottom-feeder team with Brock at the helm. When they didn't, the decision to go to Manning was obvious. You roll with Manning and see where he takes you as he gives them the best chance to win. 

Brock played better than Manning. His team turned the ball over on him at will. it will be a tough decision for Kubiak but I believe he will name Manning the starter unless he has a set back with his foot in practice.

6 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Brock played better than Manning. His team turned the ball over on him at will. it will be a tough decision for Kubiak but I believe he will name Manning the starter unless he has a set back with his foot in practice.

And yesterday, the Broncos played better for Manning.

The obvious choice would be to go with Manning in the playoffs, so why isn't Kubiak mentioning it? He isn't committing to anyone yet, even after Manning helps Denver get the #1 seed. I don't understand the hesitation. Maybe he wants to be sure Manning is completely rested.

2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

The obvious choice would be to go with Manning in the playoffs, so why isn't Kubiak mentioning it? He isn't committing to anyone yet, even after Manning helps Denver get the #1 seed. I don't understand the hesitation. Maybe he wants to be sure Manning is completely rested.

Maybe he wants to keep teams guessing

And here's something to think about.   If the names were reversed, if Peyton had started and was playing during the 5 turnovers (which I agree were not on Brock) Peyton would have clearly been accused by some for making poor decisions and so on, and those same people would be praising Brock for the comeback.

Luckily for Denver,  Peyton and Brock are in each others corners and happy for the win.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I admit when they put Peyton in I was a bit nervous since he hadn't played or even really practiced much since Nov. 15.  I thought to myself I hope they don't get him killed.  But he did his thing, and hearing those audibles from the line was music to my ears. 

Some said he'd never play another game for Denver ever again.  Those somebody's were wrong.

Who knows what will happen going  forward.  Right now I am feeling a sense of relief and satisfaction that he was able to play, and be the leader they needed yesterday.  And yes my dream is still alive.  

I was a little nervous too because I have talked so much smack saying he would still be great. He didn't let us down though.