Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota (+3) @ Green bay (1-3-16)

oldunclemark

8:30 p.m. EST...Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth

mid 20s and clear...over-under 45.5..

Viking QB Teddy Bridgewater (282 of 428, 3,132 yards, 14 Tds 8 INTs) has been sacked 41 times so he'll be handing the ball off early to NFL rushing leader Adrian Peterson (308 carries, 1,418 yards, 10 TDs)  The Vikings have 38 QB sacks and the Packers 0-Line has allowed 41 sacks.

Green bay QB Aaron Rodgers (319 of 528, 3,530 yards, 30 Tds, 7 INts) has numbers any other QB would want but the Pack receiver have had problems

James Jones 946 catches, 788 yards) and Randall Cobb (73 catches, 792 yards0 have not been better than average most of the season.

RB Eddie Lacy (174 carries, 724 yards) has just 3 Tds but he's getting the ball a lot Sunday night.

Most of the GB O-line is injured but playing anyway.  GB beat Minnesota 30-13 six weeks ago

Pivotal game in the NFC. Green Bay wins and they are the '3' seed hosting Minnesota or Seattle in the playoffs.

Minnesota wins and they are the '3' seed hosting Seattle (9-6) in the playoffs. Seattle loses a tie breaker with GB (10-5)

A Minnesota loss makes them the '6' if Seattle beats Arizona (13-2)  Minnesota lose a tiebreaker with Seattle.

It is possible that the result of Sunday's game could send Minnesota back to Green bay in 7 days.

If Minnesota loses, they'll be okay with the wild card slot. Id Green Bay loses, its the end of the franchise and the entire state of Wisconsin may have to shut down.

Listening to Packer fans and media (we can hear ESPN-Wiscosnin up here) feel that this 10-5 season has been an embarrassment and losing to the Vikings Sunday would make it a total failure...they are that far gone

Here's another game I wouldnt touch...Minnesota seems poised for an upset but the Packers just crushed the Vikings last month...

I'd take the under if anything...

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

I do think GB is ripe for the picking but not vs Vikings. They match up really well with them. I expect Arizona to beat Seattle so we will be looking at the rematch of last years NFCCG in the wild card round which would be awesome.

You wrote that a couple of times. Please expound on the bolded. How do the Packers match up well? Then we can see if you were right.  (Saying they lost the last game is not enough. Talk about the match ups.)

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You wrote that a couple of times. Please expound on the bolded. How do the Packers match up well? Then we can see if you were right.  (Saying they lost the last game is not enough. Talk about the match ups.)

Both GB lines (O and D lines) dominated Minny which is what made the game so lopsided. GB rushed for 124 yards and its Dline sacked Teddy 6 times. Football is pretty simple game. If you can't win up front on either side of the ball you will lose badly and that is what happened along with Minny committing 110 yards in penalties to GBs 19.

4 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Both GB lines (O and D lines) dominated Minny which is what made the game so lopsided. GB rushed for 124 yards and its Dline sacked Teddy 6 times. Football is pretty simple game. If you can't win up front on either side of the ball you will lose badly and that is what happened along with Minny committing 110 yards in penalties to GBs 19.

You are still talking about the last game.  I did not ask for a summary of that game. 

If the Vikes cannot stop the running game, then yes, they will lose. I am hoping Joseph will play, as that will bolster the run defense. 

As for the penalties, that was out of character for the Vikes. We had been the least penalized team up to that point. All of a sudden, we got penalized for over 100 yards. That is not likely to happen again. Without the penalties that extended drives, we could have won. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You are still talking about the last game.  I did not ask for a summary of that game. 

If the Vikes cannot stop the running game, then yes, they will lose. I am hoping Joseph will play, as that will bolster the run defense. 

As for the penalties, that was out of character for the Vikes. We had been the least penalized team up to that point. All of a sudden, we got penalized for over 100 yards. That is not likely to happen again. Without the penalties that extended drives, we could have won. 

You asked for why it is a bad match up? I am basing that on the only game they have played this season. GB dominated them up front on both sides. I don't see that changing as teams don't win when they can't win up front on either side. We will see how it plays out. GB has been vulnerable at home on top so maybe Minny can get an early lead or a turnover and gain momentum early. But just looking at the last game, GB should win this without much issue.

4 minutes ago, amfootball said:

You asked for why it is a bad match up? I am basing that on the only game they have played this season. GB dominated them up front on both sides. I don't see that changing as teams don't win when they can't win up front on either side. We will see how it plays out. GB has been vulnerable at home on top so maybe Minny can get an early lead or a turnover and gain momentum early. But just looking at the last game, GB should win this without much issue.

Okay, we'll see. I think our DL can beat their OL.  Our OL has been terrible all year; but they have been playing a bit better lately.  They played relatively well against Arizona (probably the best team in the NFL); Arizona sacked Rodgers 10 times.  So, I am hopeful. 

Seattle is a much more difficult match up for the Vikes, but I still want the Vikes to win this game.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NFLFan you are up 6-3 at Half. Good luck my friend. So far that Defense is stopping GB

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Yes, hoping the Vikes pull out a win for @NFLfan

That would just top off a perfect day.

Thanks, my friends. Vikes need to play better on offense and score TDs instead of FGs. Defense looks pretty solid. 

Just now, buffalo34 said:

Admit it, you expected that ball to  be caught.

I really didn't, at least not because they didn't play defense correctly.  You can never rule out a freak tip up that is just up for grabs.  But with 7 or 8 DBs vs 5 WRs, the odds aren't in the offense's favor.

11 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Vikings defense is just taking over this game in the second half. 

Someone from our defense should have made the Pro Bowl -- Harrison Smith, Barr, Linval Joseph...

One of our reserves, Tom Johnson, was once a Colts UDFA. He is a very good player for us. Gets sacks.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Someone from our defense should have made the Pro Bowl -- Harrison Smith, Barr, Linval Joseph...

One of our reserves, Tom Johnson, was once a Colts UDFA. He is a very good player for us. Gets sacks.

The pro bowl is a popularity contest.  I don't think even the players care about it except that it means they get a free trip.  It certainly shouldn't be something that's really considered in the hall of fame discussions, unless its basically on par with things like community involvement.  Barr not being in is a crime.