Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top Free Agents 2016

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/11/20/early-predictions-for-where-the-top-25-nfl-free-agents-will-land-in-2016/

this is article has the Colts picking up Mo Wilkerson and Sean Smith in FA.  Would be two good pick ups, Wilkerson adding pass rush to the defensive line and helping stop the run and Smith playing opposite to Vontae Davis would be one of the best CB combos in the NFL. 

Who would you want in FA?

21 minutes ago, scousecolt said:

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/11/20/early-predictions-for-where-the-top-25-nfl-free-agents-will-land-in-2016/

this is article has the Colts picking up Mo Wilkerson and Sean Smith in FA.  Would be two good pick ups, Wilkerson adding pass rush to the defensive line and helping stop the run and Smith playing opposite to Vontae Davis would be one of the best CB combos in the NFL. 

Who would you want in FA?

The holes I see that we need filling (those in bold are my ideal option):

Backup QB- anyone who is cheap and can do the job, someone like a Matt Flynn

RB- Ideally Lamar Miller, averaging 4 YPC with that Oline, could be an interesting 1-2 punch with Gore

Depth WR- If Johnson retires/is cut, someone behind Hilton, Moncrief and Dorsett will be needed, although Reuben Randle is intriguing on a 1 year deal

C- Stefen Wisniewski, wanted him last offseason and after how he's played in JAX, I still want him

RG - Kelechi Osemele looks like the best option if we hope to replace Thornton

RT- if Healthy, Kelvin Beachum could be a nice option

DE-Whilst I would love to get Mo Wilkerson, if we are looked at a slightly cheaper option, Malik Jackson could work

ILB- I would hope to address this in the draft would someone like Jaylon Smith

OLB- Someone like Nick Perry might be worth a look at

CB- again, I would hope to get someone like Desmond King in the draft, but for depth, I would like to look at Morris Claiborne  and I feel someone like Dee Milliner might be cut and worth a look.

FS- A choice between Eric Berry or Tashaun Gipson.

I am aware we wouldn't be able to afford every single person I have mentioned but these are people I would strongly look at in FA.

7 minutes ago, Michigan_Colts_Fan said:

Hasn't Claiborne been a disappointment with the Cowboys?  I know change of scenery can help a player improve but I didn't think Claiborn had played well for the most part in Dallas.

He's a man corner but when the Cowboys drafted him they were playing zone so pretty much most his time there he wasn't s scheme fit 

This is what I'm talking about. We need to be the most aggressive team in free agency. And if we cant get Von Miller. Then that means Denver will probably cut Ware. They have Shane Ray and Barrett waiting in the wings and a lot of big FA's to bring back. So Wilkerson, Ware, Smith, and Wisnewski would be really nice. Then draft Noah Spence and either Cody Whitehair or Vadal Alexander. We could probably trade back a few spots and still get Spence and pick up an extra 3rd too. I'd take a RB there.

31 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I didn't realize Josh Gordon was going to be a free agent. He may have to take a 1 year deal. We should be all over that. He's a top 5 WR in the entire league. But I wouldn't want to give him a big 4 year big money deal.

I can appreciate the shopper's exhuberance that we all feel pending this regime change and upcoming free agency where we will be major player's....but Josh Gordon doesn't make any sense....at all.

11 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

I can appreciate the shopper's exhuberance that we all feel pending this regime change and upcoming free agency where we will be major player's....but Josh Gordon doesn't make any sense....at all.

No not on a big contract. But if he has to sign a cheep 1 year deal, which he may have to. Then it makes all the sense in the world to sign a top 5 WR. I don't care if he smokes weed or whatever. He's a beast on the field and I'm sure he understands this is his last chance anyway. I don't think he'll have any more issues. If nothing else I'm sure he's learned a way to not to get caught anymore LOL.

Wilkerson and Smith would be so wonderful. Man think about a DL of Anderson-Parry-Wilkerson. With McGill, Langford, and Winn rotating. Or a CB duo of Vontae Davis and Sean Smith. But we'd still need a major addition at OLB. Most likely Ware will be cut so we could grab him up and draft a EDGE rusher with our 1st round pick.

20 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

No not on a big contract. But if he has to sign a cheep 1 year deal, which he may have to. Then it makes all the sense in the world to sign a top 5 WR. I don't care if he smokes weed or whatever. He's a beast on the field and I'm sure he understands this is his last chance anyway. I don't think he'll have any more issues. If nothing else I'm sure he's learned a way to not to get caught anymore LOL.

It won't make sense to have a prominent wide receiver next year taking snaps from players who figure into the long-term plans when he doesn't

16 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

It won't make sense to have a prominent wide receiver next year taking snaps from players who figure into the long-term plans when he doesn't

I got ya. And yeah you have a point because I think Moncrief, Hilton, and Dorsett can be a heck of a receiving corps next year. Dorsett IMO, will be a star.

13 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I got ya. And yeah you have a point because I think Moncrief, Hilton, and Dorsett can be a heck of a receiving corps next year. Dorsett IMO, will be a star.

Plus I really hope duron made some progress on the ps this year

We could use a FA CB because CB has a steep learning curve. It's not a position where you can draft a guy and then get pro bowl play out of him year 1. Plus I don't think we've seen enough of D'Joun Smith to say he's the answer just yet.

Gimme Morris Claiborne on a 1 year deal. 

There are lots of these guys we could use. Most of them would be a starter if they were Colts right now.

Who our HC and GM is next season is somewhat unclear right now, so who knows about scheme etc. But I wouldn't be surprised if we signed one of the CB's. Go for the best deal, value for money.

No WR's please and keep Hardy far away from our Colts!

Lots of these guys wont hit FA, but Wilkerson and Trevathan could be solid signings along with a CB.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is a reason most of these players mentioned are going to be free agents.

There could be various reasons. For example, NY Jets made an offer to Wilkerson and he chose not to sign,  hoping for a better contract. I think the Jets want Mo Wilk back.  In the case of Eric Weddle, it does not seem like the Chargers want to re-sign him for whatever reason. I think most of these free agents will be re-signed by their current teams.

7 hours ago, CopenhagenColt said:

There are lots of these guys we could use. Most of them would be a starter if they were Colts right now.

Who our HC and GM is next season is somewhat unclear right now, so who knows about scheme etc. But I wouldn't be surprised if we signed one of the CB's. Go for the best deal, value for money.

No WR's please and keep Hardy far away from our Colts!

Lots of these guys wont hit FA, but Wilkerson and Trevathan could be solid signings along with a CB.

I mean Hardy may be a bad guy off the field if he really did what he was accused of. But he can also put up big sack numbers on the field. So if I thought he could stand up and still be the same player I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

On 1/2/2016 at 5:43 PM, COLTS449 said:

I didn't realize Josh Gordon was going to be a free agent. He may have to take a 1 year deal. We should be all over that. He's a top 5 WR in the entire league. But I wouldn't want to give him a big 4 year big money deal.

Isn't he still suspended?