1959Colts

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Got a notification saying he can't throw without pain and has trouble breathing

I just seen his interview. He is having trouble with heavy breathing due to a rib injury. Colts will treat him the next 3 days and of course as usual we probably wont know anything until kickoff on Sunday LOL. With the type of injury he has he can play but will he is the huge question? 

3 hours ago, runthepost said:

Got a notification saying he can't throw without pain and has trouble breathing

Big difference between "can't throw" and "can't throw without pain." If you can't trow period then there's nothing you can do. If you can't throw without pain you can take pain killers and grin and bear it.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Manning in the last game he played, or Manning against us in the playoffs last season, Or most Curtis Painter starts, or 100`s of other games i`ve watched including a few Luck games this season.

What do they say ... ? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ?

12 hours ago, southwest1 said:

When I review this flick, I will focus close attention on the primary sinister villain because as the old saying goes "you can't appreciate the light without the darkness first." 

BTW, I encourage all Star Wars fans to tell me their impression of the film once they see it in my movie thread because I get a kick out of different interpretations of the same picture & what resonates with people. We are all critics & we all have specific ideas of what was awesome & what sucked in a film. 

As a matter of fact, I and the wife and son are heading out shortly to the early release in Real 3D at 7:30 tonight.  I'll focus on who they portray Luke Skywalker to be ( besides the opposite his father, Annakin/Darth Vader, by winning without fighting), and the new hero to be. (cannot tell from trailer who that is yet...)

Fun  night ahead!!

32 minutes ago, corgi said:

Big difference between "can't throw" and "can't throw without pain." If you can't trow period then there's nothing you can do. If you can't throw without pain you can take pain killers and grin and bear it.

He still has the breathing issue.  He was limited in practice, wasn't full.  We'll see what's up after tomorrows practice. It's still unsure at this time.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-notebook/Colts-Thursday-Notebook-Matt-Hasselbeck-Practices-Unsure-If-He-Will-Start-Sunday/e5c44e52-fa22-4b41-ace0-233f232f36c1

10 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He still has the breathing issue.  He was limited in practice, wasn't full.  We'll see what's up after tomorrows practice. It's still unsure at this time.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-notebook/Colts-Thursday-Notebook-Matt-Hasselbeck-Practices-Unsure-If-He-Will-Start-Sunday/e5c44e52-fa22-4b41-ace0-233f232f36c1

Also I noticed Pagano is saying they are hopefully Matt will start Sunday.  The last-time he said something like that was when he said he was hopefully Andrew would start against the Texans on Thursday night football and Matt ended up starting the game. 

I think Hass is going to gut this one out and play.  I just hope he is able to be productive as well as not get knocked out of the game.  If so I believe we'll find a way to win from there.  I just think the rib injury has him real sore and when he breathes it makes it even worse. .  It appears to be more of a pain tolerance thing more than anything else. If he can finish off throws like some of the ones he did against Jax with the rib injury then I'd expect for him to be able to play.  I'm just hoping we can get some things going with the run game to help him out.  I noticed in most of the practice pictures from this week Khaled Holmes has been snapping the ball.  Hopefully they will start him over Harrison as it always seems the run game does much better when Holmes plays. Plus he had a pretty good game against Houston the last time around.

I like our chances offensively if we are able to run the football.  That's about all Buffalo did to Houston in that game a couple weeks ago was run the football mainly to the outside.  Houston doesn't seem to be very good at setting the edges.  Honestly we ran it up the middle on them last time also.  I hope we have installed a spread package too because I like those little outside shotgun handoff runs Pep was doing with Gore when we played Tennessee earlier this year.   I think that kind of thing will work against Houston as well. This is definitely a good team to set some things up off the play action.

Pagano on Hasselbeck: “He’s a tough S-O-you know what. We are going to protect our butts off for him."

ffe282510964cf2783abd660827b4f50_normal. 2m
Pagano on Hasselbeck: “Really good. Very, very encouraged. He had an excellent day yesterday. He’s going to play really, really good."

ffe282510964cf2783abd660827b4f50_normal. 3m
Pagano confirms Anthony Castonzo will play. Joe Reitz back to his normal right tackle spot.

ffe282510964cf2783abd660827b4f50_normal. 4m
Chuck Pagano rules OUT: Colt Anderson, Andrew Luck and D’Joun Smith. Donte Moncrief is questionable. Matt Hasselbeck is probable.

1 hour ago, krunk said:
Pagano on Hasselbeck: “He’s a tough S-O-you know what. We are going to protect our butts off for him."

ffe282510964cf2783abd660827b4f50_normal. 2m
Pagano on Hasselbeck: “Really good. Very, very encouraged. He had an excellent day yesterday. He’s going to play really, really good."

ffe282510964cf2783abd660827b4f50_normal. 3m
Pagano confirms Anthony Castonzo will play. Joe Reitz back to his normal right tackle spot.

ffe282510964cf2783abd660827b4f50_normal. 4m
Chuck Pagano rules OUT: Colt Anderson, Andrew Luck and D’Joun Smith. Donte Moncrief is questionable. Matt Hasselbeck is probable.

Jesus, what's going on with Smith this time? He better not be a healthy scratch.

I kind of figured Smith would be out once we brought Deontay Glover Wright up from the practice squad. I assume Jalil Brown will back up Greg Toler and if Brown gets hurt I'm sure they will put Wright in the game.  I've been wanting to watch Wright play up close any way.  Hopefully we don't have to, but if we do I want to see what he's got.