Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sure fire HoF

IndyTrav

Who are players currently in the league that are 100% Hall of Fame players?

Who is currently playing that has a legit shot at the Hall of Fame if there career continues at the current rate?

Who has an outside shot?

i think Peyton/Brady/AP are locks at this point. 

Watt rt is on pace. 

Larry Fitzgetald/Freeney/Mathis have an outside shot. 

Interesting canidates are Eli/BigBen/Calvin 

How about Andrew Lock? (sarcasm). Peyton, Brady make it without a doubt. I think Rodgers and Brees will too, they have both done enough in their career's to get in. Rodgers still has at least 5 years left to play but he is in. I honestly don't think Freeney or Mathis will get in. They are both outstanding but not sure HOFame outstanding. Marvin Harrison isn't in yet so what does that tell you about how people vote for Indy players. He should've been 1st ballot, 2nd ballot at worse. Marvin is easily better than Andre Reed and Tim Brown and they are both in. Gronk will go in too, he has a lot of playing time left but he has already done enough because he ranks with the best TE's of all-time. Peterson will make it as well.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about Andrew Lock? (sarcasm). Peyton, Brady make it without a doubt. I think Rodgers and Brees will too, they have both done enough in their career's to get in. Rodgers still has at least 5 years left to play but he is in. I honestly don't think Freeney or Mathis will get in. They are both outstanding but not sure HOFame outstanding. Marvin Harrison isn't in yet so what does that tell you about how people vote for Indy players. He should've been 1st ballot, 2nd ballot at worse. Marvin is easily better than Andre Reed and Tim Brown and they are both in. Gronk will go in too, he has a lot of playing time left but he has already done enough because he ranks with the best TE's of all-time. Peterson will make it as well.

Freeney and Mathis SHOULD get in for their sack numbers alone. 

I feel bad for kickers. Someone may say Adam Vinateri, but the HoF has some hatred against kickers for some reason. Morten Andersen is on the ballot yet again, and I doubt he will get in. 

Jared Allen can reach the Hall if Carolina wins the SB this year. 

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

Freeney and Mathis SHOULD get in for their sack numbers alone. 

I feel bad for kickers. Someone may say Adam Vinateri, but the HoF has some hatred against kickers for some reason. Morten Andersen is on the ballot yet again, and I doubt he will get in. 

Jared Allen can reach the Hall if Carolina wins the SB this year. 

Vinatieri and Andersen deserve to be in. Some FG kickers just deserve it. Not many but both those 2 are fantastic.

Vinatieri

Jared Allen

John Abraham (I don't think he officially retired yet though he is a FA)

Demarcus Ware

Julius Peppers

Robert Mathis

Dwight Freeney

Reggie Wayne

Larry Fitzgerald

Steve Smith

Andre Johnson

Jason Witten

Charles Woodson

Calvin Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Anquan Boldin

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Ben Roethlisberger

Aaron Rodgers

Tony Romo

Eli Manning

Drew Brees

Antonio Gates

JJ Watt

Julio Jones

Rob Gronkowski

Antonio Brown

List can go on if players stay healthy but when it comes to WR's and TE's it gets tricky because they are so dependent on having quality QB play

5 hours ago, Gavin said:

Vinatieri

Jared Allen

John Abraham (I don't think he officially retired yet though he is a FA)

Demarcus Ware

Julius Peppers

Robert Mathis

Dwight Freeney

Reggie Wayne

Larry Fitzgerald

Steve Smith

Andre Johnson

Jason Witten

Charles Woodson

Calvin Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Anquan Boldin

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Ben Roethlisberger

Aaron Rodgers

Tony Romo

Eli Manning

Drew Brees

Antonio Gates

JJ Watt

Julio Jones

Rob Gronkowski

Antonio Brown

List can go on if players stay healthy but when it comes to WR's and TE's it gets tricky because they are so dependent on having quality QB play

Your list does not include any running backs. Peterson will get in. Lynch most likely will.  I think Gore should too. 

Charles Woodson is a sure-fire first ballot HOF. 

Players not yet mentioned:

Revis

Joe Thomas

I love Philip Rivers but there are too many quarterbacks in his era that would go ahead of him. I think he is a better player than Eli but Eli has the rings.

2 hours ago, amfootball said:

Hard to say 100 percent outside of the QB position. For QBs, obviously Manning and Brady and most likely Rodgers, Brees, Ben, Eli. I think Wilson will get there too.

I really hope Adam gets in. If he does not make it as a kicker, I don't think any kicker ever will.

There are a couple kickers in the hall

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Your list does not include any running backs. Peterson will get in. Lynch most likely will.  I think Gore should too. 

I don't think so on Lynch or Gore. Peterson, yes, assuming he plays a few more years. I don't think there are any other backs even worthy of consideration.

I forgot about Woodson. He may be first ballot....I think if the NFL ended today only 3 guys are 100% in. Peyton/Brady/Woodson

Rodgers has a few more years to seperate himself from Kurt Warner......I think of Brees as the gate keeper for QBs. If he makes it, then that means Ben and Eli should both be in. 

AP is two mediocre seasons away from a lock. LT will be the last RB in until AP IMO.  

If Freeney/Mathis are in I have to think that Ware/Peppers/Allen are in before both of them. Those two may get the Kevin Greene treatment. 

WR is such a convoluted mess. I don't even know where to begin with those guys. I'm not sure who the current cutoff guy is. It very well may be Reggie. 

Patrick Willis is going to be an amazing candidate as well. 8yr career. 5 All Pros. Best MLB for probably 6yrs. Led a dominate defense for years, and made a SB. He's a defensive Terrell Davis. 

Revis is very interesting. Joe Thomas too. 

54 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think I'd vote for Kurt Warner, but Aaron Rodgers already has a better case than him.

I dunno man. I too would vote for Kurt. His body of work isn't as large as Rodgers currently. But I think his 3 SB appearances with 2 teams makes up.....obviously I think Rodgers is going to continue to cement his legacy and eventually get in no question. But this very second I consider the two neck and neck....

Edit....I knew these two were close, but I didn't realize how close.....Rodgers has played 2 less games, has more TDs and less TOs (wide margin)...Warner has more yards and better Comp %.....Both with 4 Pro Bowls, 2 All Pros and 2 MVPs both 1 SB MVP.....Both had an awesome "story" Rodgers behind Favre, Warner as a stock boy....Warner with 2 other SB appearances (one with another team), as well as being key cog in a revolutionary offense.....

NFL disbands today, these two are neck and neck IMO. Rodgers with the edge in stats, Warner with the edge in accomplishments, narrative.....

3 hours ago, IndyTrav said:

I dunno man. I too would vote for Kurt. His body of work isn't as large as Rodgers currently. But I think his 3 SB appearances with 2 teams makes up.....obviously I think Rodgers is going to continue to cement his legacy and eventually get in no question. But this very second I consider the two neck and neck....

Edit....I knew these two were close, but I didn't realize how close.....Rodgers has played 2 less games, has more TDs and less TOs (wide margin)...Warner has more yards and better Comp %.....Both with 4 Pro Bowls, 2 All Pros and 2 MVPs both 1 SB MVP.....Both had an awesome "story" Rodgers behind Favre, Warner as a stock boy....Warner with 2 other SB appearances (one with another team), as well as being key cog in a revolutionary offense.....

NFL disbands today, these two are neck and neck IMO. Rodgers with the edge in stats, Warner with the edge in accomplishments, narrative.....

Warner played 11 years, once he got started, and had two separate peaks, several years apart. Between those peaks, he was a footnote. I think his unique career is HOF worthy, but he didn't have sustained, consistent success. He did have "fame," no question. And unlike Terrell Davis, for instance, he reemerged to the same level of fame. 

Rodgers has been the starter for 8 years now. By the end of this year, he'll be ahead of Warner in yards, completions and TDs, and while I don't believe in "QB wins," many HOF voters do, and Rodgers is ahead there. He has half as many INTs, and just as many SB wins. Same completion percentage. And while this is probably not as important to voters as it is to me, Rodgers has the best, most efficient two year stretch of QBing in league history (2011-12). Disband right now, and their volume is close, but Rodgers did it in three fewer seasons, and hasn't had the 6 year lull.

By the time Rodgers is done, I think he'll have lapped Warner. If we were choosing between them right now, I think Rodgers is ahead. It's probably closer than I thought at first.

Great discussion on Warner and Rodgers. I loved Warner when he played but he had that gap in there when he was not so great. But taking both the lousy Rams and Cards to the super bowl is Hall worthy IMO. He was also league MVP the year he won the Super Bowl.

I agree with Superman though, Rodgers is on a different level. He has been so consistent for his whole career and has a ring. He also already has two league MVPs and could win a couple of more before he is done. I also expect him to win another ring or two assuming the FO in Green Bay gets a clue. I have less faith in them at this point then Rodgers.

I thought Marvin Harrison would be a first ballot,   and he wasn't even a 2nd ballot.  I still feel certain he will get there someday (he certainly deserves to be)  but I apparently don't quite understand the voting process.

I believe Peyton will get in on 1st ballot and so will Brady.