Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The new HC and Chuck

Greenoughrunner

I think we've had better push up the middle this year than most with Parry, Anderson and Langford.  No Warren Sapp or John Randle in that bunch, but not bad either.

I'm talking specifically about passing downs. When you get the nerve, rewatch the Pats game. Brady was able to step up in the pocket all game long and extend plays, which is when they were able to beat our coverage. We've been much better against the run, even getting penetration, but none of our DL are consistently beating pass blockers.

I'm talking specifically about passing downs. When you get the nerve, rewatch the Pats game. Brady was able to step up in the pocket all game long and extend plays, which is when they were able to beat our coverage. We've been much better against the run, even getting penetration, but none of our DL are consistently beating pass blockers.

I tend to attribute some of that to being on the field to long game after game like they had been pretty much up till the last game. I think some of them just wore down

I would really like to see Chuck get a chance where he has more control.  Moving Chud in was a start.  I betcha he would go get some line or DB help in a big hurry.  Don't worry about him, though.  There are probably a dozen teams that think his record is prettier than theirs.

I tend to attribute some of that to being on the field to long game after game like they had been pretty much up till the last game. I think some of them just wore down

I just don't think any of them are good pass rushers. They'll all have their moments, and Parry and Anderson might get better, but none of them are great at beating pass blocks. 

Specifically in the Pats game, there was a pocket for Brady to step into all game, from beginning to end.

The premise of this thread is pretty ridiculous. There, I said it.

Now, about Pagano, I'm pulling for him. I hope the team plays well down the stretch, and I hope he gets a new deal, and I hope he gets full control over his staff. Keep Chud, and think about a replacement at DC. But more importantly, improve the defensive personnel, particularly at linebacker.

Pagano won't be mistaken for a savant, but he's made some significant adjustments in his team as our head coach, proving to me that he's capable of learning and applying what he's learned. The willingness to go for onside kicks, to go for it on 4th down, the shift from a stubborn "run first" offense (and even though the results have been mixed, he's not continually banging that 'run the ball' drum anymore, and has admitted that he's had to come off of that stance). In other words, we've already suffered through his growing pains, and now we have the chance to benefit as he's (hopefully) put those behind him. Players work their butts off for the guy. He treats his people with respect. I want him to do well, and I want him to stay. He has a chance for the next 6 weeks or so to prove that he's not just riding the back of a star QB. 

What a bunch of garbage. How soon you forget we ran the ball 40 times last game, the ___ up Whalen snap, and the pitiful starts for 3+ seasons. It ALL falls at the Leaders door. Good grief!  Not like you to have your head __ ___ __ in the clouds.

Give Pagano a hug next time you see him.

Everyone, including me (big time!), were clammering before the draft to "Stop the Run!". Well, we've done a decent job at that so far with Parry & Anderson. They're rookies, for goodness sakes. The notion that we need better pass rushing skills is no joke. We do. You just simply cannot fix every trend of weakness all of the time. I say, "trend of weakness", because it's not all the time. It's enough though, to create a solution to it. Therein, it lies, and should be addressed. And, in all likelihood, it will. We have enough problems dealing with the targeted Super Bowl favored offense to improve upon. First things, first. We will address the pass rush because it needs addressing.

Patience, my dear fanatics. Patience.

What a bunch of garbage. How soon you forget we ran the ball 40 times last game, the ___ up Whalen snap, and the pitiful starts for 3+ seasons. It ALL falls at the Leaders door. Good grief! Not like you to have your head __ ___ __ in the clouds.

post-27366-0-84135000-1447809987_thumb.j

I would really like to see Chuck get a chance where he has more control.  Moving Chud in was a start.  I betcha he would go get some line or DB help in a big hurry.  Don't worry about him, though.  There are probably a dozen teams that think his record is prettier than theirs.

I don't think we need to totally rebuild.  Chud at OC was a great move.  Let's see what the D can do.  

I'd hate to see the Colts start all over.  If anyone needs to go, it's Grigson.  

What a bunch of garbage. How soon you forget we ran the ball 40 times last game, the ___ up Whalen snap, and the pitiful starts for 3+ seasons. It ALL falls at the Leaders door. Good grief!  Not like you to have your head __ ___ __ in the clouds.

Goodness...

I don't care that we ran the ball 40 times last game. That actually made a lot of sense, given the tone of the game. Unlike previous games this year where we basically refused to run the ball. So I hope you're not suggesting that the 'run first' stuff is still an issue. It's pretty much been the opposite, as a matter of fact.

The Whalen snap was on Whalen. And then McMahon. Yeah, take it all the way to Pagano if you want, but it was a technical error that a lot of people messed up on.

The bad starts for three seasons (which isn't accurate, but whatever) might have been on Pep. We'll see. In one game without him, we jumped out to a multi score lead to start the game.

I've never seen Pagano, but if I did meet him in person, I'd shake his hand and tell him I'm pulling for him. 

And that gets back to my overall point, which is that I hope that Pagano's staff does a good job down the stretch and proves that they deserve to remain. That might not be the case, once the dust settles, but we have 7 games left (at least) to see what happens. Or did you, in your zealotry, miss the 'I want him to do well' part? You should have been able to infer from my post that if he does NOT do well, that I don't want him to stay...

I just love how you focus on the "pitiful starts for 3 years" instead of,  you know,   the actually outcomes of the games....

11 wins,  12 wins and 13 wins over those 3 years.

And they mean nothing to you.....

Did John Harbaugh get stupid overnight?     Baltimore is a mess.     Did Pete Carroll get stupid?     Seattle is struggling.      How about Mike McCarthy?     Green Bay is on a terrible 3-game losing streak.       

The NFL is hard.    It's as competitive as can be.      And you have no idea how much the Grigson interference has been a factor here.

But you're smarter than everyone else and you want blood.....

OK Hammer.....     go find yourself some more nails.............

:Cry:

I'm warming up to Pagano now that all of the chatter regarding Grigson's meddlesome ways have come to light. It is plausible that Pags has been restricted with Grigs being the man behind the curtain pulling all of the strings.

With that being said, I'm confident Irsay has a firm grasp on the inner-workings of the organization and will decide the fates of Colt brass accordingly. The culprit will be revealed when the hammer comes down at season's end. Everything else is speculation.

I'm warming up to Pagano now that all of the chatter regarding Grigson's meddlesome ways have come to light. It is plausible that Pags has been restricted with Grigs being the man behind the curtain pulling all of the strings.

With that being said, I'm confident Irsay has a firm grasp on the inner-workings of the organization and will decide the fates of Colt brass accordingly. The culprit will be revealed when the hammer comes down at season's end. Everything else is speculation.

What does that say about Chuck that he let Grigson (supposedly) pull that crap?

What does that say about Chuck that he let Grigson (supposedly) pull that crap?

It says that Grigson has final say (supposedly) which means Irsay gave him that power. Which would mean it would be out of Chucks hands, I tend to focus on the decisions being made regardless of who is making them. Pagano came out and said he fired Pep, Maybe he was the one making all the other decisions and only getting advice from Grigson. Maybe Irsay was pressuring them both (Which I think is likely considering the multiple reports of him letting a rip on Grigson a time or two and in the locker room)

It says that Grigson has final say (supposedly) which means Irsay gave him that power. Which would mean it would be out of Chucks hands, I tend to focus on the decisions being made regardless of who is making them. Pagano came out and said he fired Pep, Maybe he was the one making all the other decisions and only getting advice from Grigson. Maybe Irsay was pressuring them both (Which I think is likely considering the multiple reports of him letting a rip on Grigson a time or two and in the locker room)

Really? Name a quality coach that would allow that to happen. And it's very possible that Irsay has nothing to do with it.

Really? Name a quality coach that would allow that to happen. And it's very possible that Irsay has nothing to do with it.

Chuck can put up all the fight he wants, but if Grigson is his boss then at the end of the day, what Grigson says is what will go.  Same would go for any coach who's GM is their direct boss.

Chuck can put up all the fight he wants, but if Grigson is his boss then at the end of the day, what Grigson says is what will go.  Same would go for any coach who's GM is their direct boss.

I doubt that. Grigson going to run down on the sidelines and instruct Chuck who to put in? Might get chuck in hot water, but I think he would earn more respect. And most GM's probably wouldn't even think about pulling that with their HC....unless the coach is a lightweight.

I doubt that. Grigson going to run down on the sidelines and instruct Chuck who to put in? Might get chuck in hot water, but I think he would earn more respect. And most GM's probably wouldn't even think about pulling that with their HC....unless the coach is a lightweight.

Orthey have a good working relationship and value each other's opinions .