Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ouch: Scathing Doyle Article on Grigson

masterlock

Yeah , that article was already linked in another thread.  Its basically the same editorial opinion piece Doyle has written all season long...changing up the words and subject matter from time to time.

I wouldn't call it scathing, since its light on facts.  I think it makes Doyle look like a bitter, biased, *

Doyle seems to be falling for the Pep is a scapegoat garbage. And yes Doyle, Pep was partly responsible for the 29th ranked defense, because of the lousy situations that the offense kept putting the defense in. Doyle please review as an example the first two offensive series the Colts had on Monday night.

I don't dislike Doyle the way some do, but how about he write the whole story and not pick and chose his facts to support his weak narrative.

P.S. I agree that Grigson also bears some blame too, there is actually plenty of blame to go around.

One of these days I'd like to find out the truth behind the Hamilton hire. Everything seems to point towards it being a Grigson hire.

Even the media seems to think the same.

i forgot if it was doyle or kravitz but earlier this season one of them reported that pep was a grigson hire and chuck had little to do with it.   i'll post a link if i can find it without digging too much

edit- it was Jason Lacanfora from CBS that broke it originally, he doesnt list any sources though.  then the indy locals referenced him

if we are to believe jason, pagano wanted it to be chuds job all along anyway

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25317418/any-changes-to-colts-coaching-staff-wont-come-from-chuck-pagano

i forgot if it was doyle or kravitz but earlier this season one of them reported that pep was a grigson hire and chuck had little to do with it. i'll post a link if i can find it without digging too much

That part I've heard. But I would like to get some confirmation on that soon. Maybe a Pep will give us some insight now that he's gone.

Doyle seems to be falling for the Pep is a scapegoat garbage. And yes Doyle, Pep was partly responsible for the 29th ranked defense, because of the lousy situations that the offense kept putting the defense in. Doyle please review as an example the first two offensive series the Colts had on Monday night.

I don't dislike Doyle the way some do, but how about he write the whole story and not pick and chose his facts to support his weak narrative.

P.S. I agree that Grigson also bears some blame too, there is actually plenty of blame to go around.

Hah you got that right, there is a truckload of blame to go around. Also, the good news is a truckload of room for improvement

Dakich was saying a few days ago that Chud was never in the running bc he was hired by the Browns before Pep....I think that is some nonsense. I did a little research, and Chud was hired on January 10th, 2013. Pep was hired on the 19th. I think Pagano wanted Chud, and he probably would have taken the job if not offered the HC job with the Browns. Pep was probably the 2nd choice. Arians was clearly being courted at the time, so that writing was on the wall. But to say Chud was never in the running (as Dakich suggested) is speculation. But Dakich is known for running off at the mouth with nothing to back it up

Dakich was saying a few days ago that Chud was never in the running bc he was hired by the Browns before Pep....I think that is some nonsense. I did a little research, and Chud was hired on January 10th, 2013. Pep was hired on the 19th. I think Pagano wanted Chud, and he probably would have taken the job if not offered the HC job with the Browns. Pep was probably the 2nd choice. Arians was clearly being courted at the time, so that writing was on the wall. But to say Chud was never in the running (as Dakich suggested) is speculation. But Dakich is known for running off at the mouth with nothing to back it up

Dakich is usually pretty clear if its just his opinion or if it comes from a credible source.  I don't find that he does that too often (running off at the mouth with little to no facts about the matter)

You're forgetting that Chud was already the Panthers coordinator. He wasn't going to make a lateral move to come to Indy as the coordinator. He left the Panthers for a head coaching job.

After reading that article a couple days ago I came across thinking Doyel is nothing more than Indiana's version of Skip Bayless, Far less known nationwide but almost as much of a blowhole

Bingo. The guy is an *. Not to say the Colts don't deserve criticism.