Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Miami Recent Success Is Typical Media Tag-Along

King Colt

The useless media grabs on to the Miami story in order to try to get a piece of the success pie. Let's see how fast the fire turns to ice after NE burst the Miami bubble tomorrow night. I'll be pulling for the fish but I was raised a realist so it all stops tomorrow.....back to normal.

The useless media grabs on to the Miami story in order to try to get a piece of the success pie. Let's see how fast the fire turns to ice after NE burst the Miami bubble tomorrow night. I'll be pulling for the fish but I was raised a realist so it all stops tomorrow.....back to normal.

I think Campbell has done a good job getting the team motivated to give their best effort. He had the benefit of playing two terrible teams but Miami did lost to the Jags so a win is a win and they were both impressive wins.

I am not sure I would use tonight as a judging stick for Campbell. First, it is the short week and the road teams typical struggle on Thursday night. Second, Miami always plays the Pats tough. I expect a tough game like what we got from the Jets but probably not as close as Miami does not have the defense the Jets have especially in the secondary and their offense is not as talented either at the skill spots. But Miami has talent on this team for sure.

What I am interested in seeing from Campbell is if he is a "rah, rah" guy or an "Xs and Os" guy. Emotion only gets you so far in the pro game. You have to be able to break down film and adjust week to week. He has simplified things a lot for Miami on both sides of the ball which was a good thing for the players to be able to settle down and play their game but simple is not the way you want to go week to week in the NFL. In another words, if he does the same things vs the Pats that he has done the last 2 weeks than they will get rolled.

It'd be nice to see SOMEONE give the Patriots their first loss, why not Miami?

As far as the media is concerned, they play whatever hand is hot. We'll see how they feel if and when the Dolphins begin to stink it up again. They're well known for stabbing the dagger in the back.

Because if they don't, it makes them appear they don't know what they're talking about, thus they could not be called "analysts" or "experts." When really, it's quite the contrary.

It'd be nice to see SOMEONE give the Patriots their first loss, why not Miami?

As far as the media is concerned, they play whatever hand is hot. We'll see how they feel if and when the Dolphins begin to stink it up again. They're well known for stabbing the dagger in the back.

Because if they don't, it makes them appear they don't know what they're talking about, thus they could not be called "analysts" or "experts." When really, it's quite the contrary.

Jets game showed they are beatable at their place.

Miami has played two AFC South teams since the coaching change, one with a 1-5 record playing their backup QB and the other (2-5) on high suspicion of throwing the game. Let's not hand out too much praise just yet eh?

Why would a team 1 game out of first place in the division throw games.

I meant the US :P

Technically 8 Professional "Sports" and 5 professional leagues that have an average attendance of over 15K per game and a syndicated TV deal. Sadly Cricket or Rugby is not on this list.

#Pedantic

I live in England for 3 years when I was young and was a cricket star in my school :)

Rugby- yuk. They just piled on me lol

I live in England for 3 years when I was young and was a cricket star in my school :)

It's a good game in a number of ways, especially at grassroot levels. What High school Football is to Texas is Cricket to small villages :P

The only downside is the length of a match, I was spending an entire weekend playing cricket for about 3-4 months in season and it takes a toll. Had enough and gave up playing, that and I got fed up of broken fingers..

IMG_0841.jpg

Topic.. derailed...carry on everyone.

lol-

btw I got tickets to Buffalo game..AGAIN.. think my buddy could pick a different one for a change.

At least it's a November game, not a December game, so it shouldn't be brutally cold, right? Well, relatively less cold.

My dad said he'd look for tickets to the game, so we'll see.

The positive thing about the 2009 opener that I went to was that it was obviously in September, very warm and the weather was no problem. I'd enjoy more of that.

At least it's a November game, not a December game, so it shouldn't be brutally cold, right? Well, relatively less cold.

My dad said he'd look for tickets to the game, so we'll see.

The positive thing about the 2009 opener that I went to was that it was obviously in September, very warm and the weather was no problem. I'd enjoy more of that.

Anything beats that freezing monsoon you and I were at.

Anything beats that freezing monsoon you and I were at.

I got sick the day after, pretty much directly as a result of that game. Also dicey because I was starting a job a week or so after that game, but I managed to get better by then.

Last year it was fairly warm for a December game. I wore my jersey over my coat but made the mistake of not wearing a shirt under the coat, so the coat touching the skin felt a bit weird.

Wow.....   there appears to be no pleasing you.

Miami wins two games,  the media covers it as the big story that it is,   and you're not happy.

If Miami wins two games, and the media DOESN'T cover it,  well, then, you wouldn't be happy because they'd be ignoring a good story.

Damned if they do;  damned if they don't.

Not sure what,  if anything, would please you?

Wow.....   there appears to be no pleasing you.

Miami wins two games,  the media covers it as the big story that it is,   and you're not happy.

If Miami wins two games, and the media DOESN'T cover it,  well, then, you wouldn't be happy because they'd be ignoring a good story.

Damned if they do;  damned if they don't.

Not sure what,  if anything, would please you?

you were saying on a different topic that one or two games means nothing 

Who cares?     That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about a no-win reaction to how the media covers the Dolphins.

Nothing was going to please him.

You thought it was silly for him to attack the fact that the media is jumping on the  Miami success train after 2 games, even though you are all too willing to chastise other posters about being excited about a players performance after 2 games 

He was making the same point that you have made in the past, and you chastised him for it. Seems a bit hypocritical.

You thought it was silly for him to attack the fact that the media is jumping on the  Miami success train after 2 games, even though you are all too willing to chastise other posters about being excited about a players performance after 2 games 

He was making the same point that you have made in the past, and you chastised him for it. Seems a bit hypocritical.

The only thing to two issues had in common was......    two games.  

Otherwise,  they had nothing in common.

The OP created a scenario where there was nothing the media could do to please him.    Wasn't happy WITH coverage of good news,  how could he be happy WITHOUT  coverage of good news?

Sorry,   but not the same.

The only thing to two issues had in common was......    two games.  

Otherwise,  they had nothing in common.

The OP created a scenario where there was nothing the media could do to please him.    Wasn't happy WITH coverage of good news,  how could he be happy WITHOUT  coverage of good news?

Sorry,   but not the same.

I didnt see anything in the OP that suggested he would have been mad at the media for not making a story out of Miami's success. I think you just fabricated that to not appear a tad hypocritical. He was basically just bashing the media for the same thing you did to someone elses post. Making a big deal out of some success over just 2 games.