Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Miami Recent Success Is Typical Media Tag-Along

King Colt

I didnt see anything in the OP that suggested he would have been mad at the media for not making a story out of Miami's success. I think you just fabricated that to not appear a tad hypocritical. He was basically just bashing the media for the same thing you did to someone elses post. Making a big deal out of some success over just 2 games.

I "fabricated" it?

Which fan in their right mind complains about positive coverage of a team doing well?     Who does that?

So, now you're going to tell me that a fan is NOT going to say something if the media doesn't cover a team doing well?

He created a no-win scenario.    I was simply pointing that out.

I "fabricated" it?

Which fan in their right mind complains about positive coverage of a team doing well?     Who does that?

So, now you're going to tell me that a fan is NOT going to say something if the media doesn't cover a team doing well?

He created a no-win scenario.    I was simply pointing that out.

Why would a colts fan complain about the Dolphins not getting enough positive media coverage? Yes you fabricated it. 

And you complained about a fan giving Dorsett positive coverage after a game or two. So, I guess that answers your first question. "2 games means nothing"-NCF

He by no means created a no win scenario. Nothing in his post implied he wouldve been upset if the Dolphins didnt get enough positive media coverage. That point you completely fabricated.  All he was saying he thought the positive coverage they have gotten so far was premature and they havent played a good team yet. 

He made the same point you did. Dont be so free to start whooping and hollering about success over just a 2 game period. 

I felt bad watching Campbell last night. That was a demolition. He got a grade A clinic from Bill in how to approach, prepare and play on the short week.

That being said, I still don't think last night's game was an indicator for Campbell. Most teams have been rolled by the Pats and it was the short week. We will see how the rest of the season plays out but wow was Suh non-existent last night. That has to be concerning to Campbell and Cameron Wake seemed to be hurt badly which is a bigger concern.

I was reflecting on Reddit last night how Campbell is really an outlier as far as head coaches are concerned.  Usually you'd want a HC with some sort of coordinator experience, either O, D or ST.  He has none.  Can anyone remember the last coach who was hired who was not a former coordinator or at least a college HC?

I know he's a rah rah guy, but you have to be able to game plan.  Coaches with experience tend to game plan better.

There is no WR who is close to him

He requires 5 people to bring him down.

You have to remember that Rugby was a much different sport during that era, players weren't as big. Lomu was going up against the Underwood brothers not the George North's of this world. In comparison the NFL even then had BIG guys. His physicality wouldn't have afforded as big an advantage in the NFL as it did in Rugby. 

You have to remember that Rugby was a much different sport during that era, players weren't as big. Lomu was going up against the Underwood brothers not the George North's of this world. In comparison the NFL even then had BIG guys. His physicality wouldn't have afforded as big an advantage in the NFL as it did in Rugby. 

For 3'5 to 1st down, he will get the job done as a RB. There is no stopping even today.

It's a good game in a number of ways, especially at grassroot levels. What High school Football is to Texas is Cricket to small villages :P

The only downside is the length of a match, I was spending an entire weekend playing cricket for about 3-4 months in season and it takes a toll. Had enough and gave up playing, that and I got fed up of broken fingers..

IMG_0841.jpg

Topic.. derailed...carry on everyone.

That looks mighty painful. Hand injuries scare the living hell out of me as a guitar player. Sorry to hear about your fingers! 

That looks mighty painful. Hand injuries scare the living hell out of me as a guitar player. Sorry to hear about your fingers! 

That's the sad part, I play (albeit badly) and that really threw me off, I was doing the whole teach yourself a musical instrument even though you have no musical talent thing, and when you can't play for months you lost your momentum.

I can have surgery to have it straightened but as there's a 60% chance I'd lose mobility in some or all the finger so I've leaving it wonky. Party of the complication was I had unbeknownst to me a bone cyst on that bone which explained why it fractured so badly. 

I don't think people realise just how hard a cricket ball is and when you're a keeper you're going to get hit...lots :P

That's the sad part, I play (albeit badly) and that really threw me off, I was doing the whole teach yourself a musical instrument even though you have no musical talent thing, and when you can't play for months you lost your momentum.

I can have surgery to have it straightened but as there's a 60% chance I'd lose mobility in some or all the finger so I've leaving it wonky. Party of the complication was I had unbeknownst to me a bone cyst on that bone which explained why it fractured so badly. 

I don't think people realise just how hard a cricket ball is and when you're a keeper you're going to get hit...lots :P

That's how I started playing guitar as a child. Though, I had the advantage of having a father put it in my hands and he knew a little bit about it. I still can't read music, but that's how I got my start playing. I turned 33 back in August and I was about 12-13 when I started playing, so it's been a long time by now. 

You're correct about going months without playing and you lose your touch, that does happen. Just as you stop doing something everyday, you lose pieces of it.

I really hate to hear this though about your fingers. I wouldn't risk the surgery, but man it must suck to sacrifice playing an instrument. 

It's hard alright. If I remember it's solid wood right?

BTW you can always put the guitar strings in a certain tuning like D and just bar chord with one finger.

That's how I started playing guitar as a child. Though, I had the advantage of having a father put it in my hands and he knew a little bit about it. I still can't read music, but that's how I got my start playing. I turned 33 back in August and I was about 12-13 when I started playing, so it's been a long time by now. 

You're correct about going months without playing and you lose your touch, that does happen. Just as you stop doing something everyday, you lose pieces of it.

I really hate to hear this though about your fingers. I wouldn't risk the surgery, but man it must suck to sacrifice playing an instrument. 

It's hard alright. If I remember it's solid wood right?

BTW you can always put the guitar strings in a certain tuning like D and just bar chord with one finger.

Just to clear up a bit, I can still play as badly as ever but losing those few months when I felt was really getting somewhere knocked a lot of my enthusiasm for it. Ha I can't really use it as an excuse when there's professionals out there missing fingers! 

It's one of those things in life I know I'll never be amazing at but I enjoy it for me. 

Just to clear up a bit, I can still play as badly as ever but losing those few months when I felt was really getting somewhere knocked a lot of my enthusiasm for it. Ha I can't really use it as an excuse when there's professionals out there missing fingers! 

It's one of those things in life I know I'll never be amazing at but I enjoy it for me. 

I wasn't good at it at first but after some 40 years you do something long enough and you do get good at it. Never played pro just a few party's so I just enjoy it. Funny thing is I hadn't picked it up in close to a year and was surprised I didn't miss a beat. The mental aspect just kicks in, in fact more so.