Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SNF - Eagles vs Panthers

RockThatBlue

So I'm going to say it again. I thought the Colts had to score 30 to beat the Saints, 40 against the Patriots. I'm going to have to say the same for next week. Colts will have to put up 30 against a good Carolina D to give themselves a chance to win. I wonder how that's going to work out.

That would be cool if we went 6-10 got in because of our Division but then shocked the haters and won the SB. That would be classic stuff!

'cool' is not the first word I would use but I agree that the only thing you want is to make the playoffs and get

at least one home game ... I think we're still going to do that

Well I would prefer 10-6 but the way it is looking I would settle for 8-8 which will definitely win the Division.

Today was a loss I didnt expect but I wouldn't be shocked if we beat Carolina or Denver. Tampa is on the schedule...

..we can win at Miami and maybe at Pittsburgh, too.

..and playing Houston, Jax and Tennessee again...10 wins is still possible

Sam Bradford has disappointed.  I thought he would be much better than he is by now.  I really don't feel Foles would have been any better, either.  Hard to believe, but Sanchez might be a touch better, but not the answer for this Eagle O. 

Right now, any team not from the AFC South is a problematic foe.  I do not expect to break out offensively vs. the Panthers, not hold Cam and their running game. Tolbert will crush one of remaining healthy DB's. :(

Sam Bradford has disappointed.  I thought he would be much better than he is by now.  I really don't feel Foles would have been any better, either.  Hard to believe, but Sanchez might be a touch better, but not the answer for this Eagle O. 

Right now, any team not from the AFC South is a problematic foe.  I do not expect to break out offensively vs. the Panthers, not hold Cam and their running game. Tolbert will crush one of remaining healthy DB's.

Yep. The Eagles are bad because Bradford is bad. Terrible trade by Kelly that will probably cost him his job. Although given how bad the East is, he could still win the division ...

Yep. The Eagles are bad because Bradford is bad. Terrible trade by Kelly that will probably cost him his job. Although given how bad the East is, he could still win the division ...

Yup!  Trading away this QB-

Comp   ATT      %       A/G     YDS    Avg     Y/G   TD  INT

N. Foles            96    164    58.5    27.3    1,119    6.8    186.5    6    5

For this guy-

S. Bradford     170    274    62.0    39.1    1,766    6.4    252.3    9    10

...will get you fired.  Should have been let go week 1, I tell you!   Actually, Foles was not the answer either, and your disdain of Kelly shines through.  Chip Kelly took a chance on Bradford.  While an improvement, the picks have really hurt, and his lack of mobility troubling.  Drops by the receiving core hurt too.

Yup!  Trading away this QB-

Comp   ATT      %       A/G     YDS    Avg     Y/G   TD  INT

N. Foles            96    164    58.5    27.3    1,119    6.8    186.5    6    5

For this guy-

S. Bradford     170    274    62.0    39.1    1,766    6.4    252.3    9    10

...will get you fired.  Should have been let go week 1, I tell you!   Actually, Foles was not the answer either, and your disdain of Kelly shines through.  Chip Kelly took a chance on Bradford.  While an improvement, the picks have really hurt, and his lack of mobility troubling.  Drops by the receiving core hurt too.

I never had an issue with him wanting to upgrade over Foles but to trade for Bradford was a mistake. It is those moves at the most crucial position that will get a HC fired.

And I have never hidden the fact that I believe Kelly is incompetent.

I never had an issue with him wanting to upgrade over Foles but to trade for Bradford was a mistake. It is those moves at the most crucial position that will get a HC fired.

And I have never hidden the fact that I believe Kelly is incompetent.

He upgraded.  Who else should he have traded for, and what more would it have cost him (players, draft picks etc...)

Whiners just complain with no alternative put forth.  Visionaries show the path as it should be taken. Credible mentors / advisers / posters point out alternatives that may well have been a better direction to go. I listen a lot more intently to the latter two.

He upgraded.  Who else should he have traded for, and what more would it have cost him (players, draft picks etc...)

Whiners just complain with no alternative put forth.  Visionaries show the path as it should be taken. Credible mentors / advisers / posters point out alternatives that may well have been a better direction to go. I listen a lot more intently to the latter two.

I don't consider Bradford an upgrade worthy of giving away a 4th and 2nd rounder. And to me that is where the rubber meets the road. Had Kelly kept Foles than he would not be under the fire storm he is currently. If you are going to pull the trigger and give up picks, it is best that the QB actually be worth the deal. Bradford has not been. Not yet anyways. It is still early but better to have kept Foles and the picks and look at the next draft to take a QB.

So I'm going to say it again. I thought the Colts had to score 30 to beat the Saints, 40 against the Patriots. I'm going to have to say the same for next week. Colts will have to put up 30 against a good Carolina D to give themselves a chance to win. I wonder how that's going to work out.

It really depends on how well the Carolina offense plays. 

Carolina's offense often struggles from time to time, and it's not impossible to hold them below 20 points like last night.

It's their defense that is a big problem. if the Colts can limit their turn overs and maintain vs the blitz, I like their chances in this game. But after yesterday, I don't know what to expect from them. 

Carolina is a good team, but it's all on their defense. When teams turn the ball over vs them, they will turn that into points. Their offense is not bullet proof though.

Tampa Bay a few weeks ago, had Carolina in a very close game, until Winston's two interceptions that were returned for touchdowns. They lost by 11 points. Winston's turnovers practically gave the game to them. 

It really depends on how well the Carolina offense plays. 

Carolina's offense often struggles from time to time, and it's not impossible to hold them below 20 points like last night.

It's their defense that is a big problem. if the Colts can limit their turn overs and maintain vs the blitz, I like their chances in this game. But after yesterday, I don't know what to expect from them. 

Carolina is a good team, but it's all on their defense. When teams turn the ball over vs them, they will turn that into points. Their offense is not bullet proof though.

Tampa Bay a few weeks ago, had Carolina in a very close game, until Winston's two interceptions that were returned for touchdowns. They lost by 11 points. Winston's turnovers practically gave the game to them. 

Not an entirely accurate picture of the Panthers. We scored 27 last night, 20 vs. Jax in the opener, and 24, 27, 37, and 27 vs. all our other opponents.

We're not having problems running the ball. We currently have the #1 running offense per NFL website. The percentage of plays we call that are run plays was 49.5% going into last night, which was the highest % in the league. More runs than passes called again last night, so percentage is over 50% now. The passes we do throw generally are skewed more to longer shots downfield to shake the 8th man out of the box. That's why our completion percentage isn't as high as WCO dinkers and dunkers.

And vs.Tampa, we were up 31-10 in the 3rd quarter and finished up 37-23 with only 1 of those touchdowns coming via INT return by Josh Norman in the 1st quarter.