Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fire Special Teams Coach (Merge)

MTC

Rychleski is the second Indy assistant to lose his job. Defensive coordinator Larry Coyer was fired in late November and replaced by linebackers coach Mike Murphy.

Coyer and Rychleski were both hired & fired by by Caldwell.

((((( & Now Caldwell supposedly may have a say in who is next GM, Now that is weird

see paragraph above game rewind advertisement

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825b6607/article/colts-contac... ))))

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/01/04/colts.spec...

The Colts have fired two assistant coaches and a third one (QB coach Ron Turner - a Polian favorite) appears to be on the hot seat. Why don't we just cut our losses and fire the entire staff? It is unfair to the coaches, the organization, the rest of the NFL and us fans to have this "will they stay or will they go" question lingering day after day. We need to get a coaching staff in place along with a new GM and move forward. There is less than two months to go before the start of the new league year and a short three months until the draft - the biggest one for the Colts in fourteen years.

It is a necessary move but honestly I blame Polian more for the special teams than any of the guys who have tried to coach them. The roster is far too top loaded with expensive skill players and has a bunch of cast offs on the special teams (other than the kickers and punters of course who have all been very good). It is very hard to try to constantly coach the Island of Misfit Toys.

Even though you are referring to the special teams, I think this is one of the reasons why we are so "hindered" when it comes to spending money. NO WAY people like Gary Brackett, Kelvin Hayden, etc. should be getting that type of money!

It could just be my imagination, but I sure as heck FELT LIKE every single time the other team punted, the other team's coverage teams got to Garcon before the ball did. I really feel like he never had a chance.

I sure FELT LIKE every time McAfee punted, when the ball got to the returner there was nobody else in the camera's field of vision.

Am I just pessimistic or did other people notice this too?

If I'm right, is that the fault of the personnel, ST coach or both?

He completed an interview recently with the Dolphins to be their head coach oddly enough.

yeah, i had read that article before even posting this, but just b/c he interviews for it doesn't mean he has it! If Irsay offered him more $$ closer to home (Chicago) and an Asst HC position, i bet he'd take it!