Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calls for Peyton to be benched

oldunclemark

That o-line won't give Luck enough time.

I won't lie to ya VL. That's my #1 fear on Sunday night as much as it kills me to admit that. We have improved chemistry wise in that dept., but LB Jamie Collins is a QB game wrecker man. He just is. 

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/10/jamie_collins_new_england_patr_1.html

Thanks Foxboro for pulverizing the dreaded Cowboys BTW. I love your DC Matt Patricia for doing that. LOL! 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How I feel about all of those foolish people calling for Peyton to be benched:    CRANK IT UP

11149538_957194350981275_190583620495931

Great advice Gramz! That's what music & percussion playing is to me too: A way to filter out the naysayers, noise, & knuckle heads...A mechanism to renew, refuel, & resurge...

This post is why I think so highly of you Yehoodi because your so logical, balanced, & fair minded. I will admit that the offense is not clicking as smoothly in seasons past with a larger number of turnovers than I am accustomed to seeing. It's early yet & I don't read that much into any picks, but I will admit Kubiack has to figure out a way to get the running game going to take pressure off Manning & start using Sanders as a decoy more to get TE Owen Daniels utilized more frequently early in games even if it's just short dump off passes. 

I wanna see how Peyton plays against the Chargers because Phillip Rivers can put up points & it will force Denver to get at least 24 points on the board. I'm not blaming Peyton; I'm just saying that the Broncos will need at least 20 points to stay on the field with Phillip & that Oakland game scared me a little bit. How close they were to almost losing that game. 

I hear yah, they have some tough games coming up: GB, NE, Cincy, Pitt, indy, 2SDs; that is 6 games against quality QBs.  If the opponent can put up 20-28 points per game, the Denver O is going to have to produce more than 2 TDs per game.  If their opponents start to score some points, something is going to have to give or Denver might start to see some losses.  

Time will tell as to see how effective the Denver O is down the road and we will then have a better picture and on with perspective later in the season.

This post is why I think so highly of you Yehoodi because your so logical, balanced, & fair minded. I will admit that the offense is not clicking as smoothly in seasons past with a larger number of turnovers than I am accustomed to seeing. It's early yet & I don't read that much into any picks, but I will admit Kubiack has to figure out a way to get the running game going to take pressure off Manning & start using Sanders as a decoy more to get TE Owen Daniels utilized more frequently early in games even if it's just short dump off passes.

I wanna see how Peyton plays against the Chargers because Phillip Rivers can put up points & it will force Denver to get at least 24 points on the board. I'm not blaming Peyton; I'm just saying that the Broncos will need at least 20 points to stay on the field with Phillip & that Oakland game scared me a little bit. How close they were to almost losing that game.

Don't expect any QB not just Rivers to score 24 points with this Denver defense. That includes Rodgers.

I won't lie to ya VL. That's my #1 fear on Sunday night as much as it kills me to admit that. We have improved chemistry wise in that dept., but LB Jamie Collins is a QB game wrecker man. He just is. 

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/10/jamie_collins_new_england_patr_1.html

Thanks Foxboro for pulverizing the dreaded Cowboys BTW. I love your DC Matt Patricia for doing that. LOL! 

Hey SW, love you as a poster and all, but you are glad the Pats beat the Cowboys? What am I missing here?

Hey SW, love you as a poster and all, but you are glad the Pats beat the Cowboys? What am I missing here?

My contempt for the Cowboys organization has been handed down to me for generations like a family heirloom. When they lose miserably, I'm so happy it's almost like winning the lottery Jared. 

Both mutual disdain, being taken behind the woodshed, & having Dallas's clock cleaned is a component that can bring diehard haters of Jerry Jones club together for a millenium & beyond.  :D

peyton's game is suffering due to the new ball inflation procedures

Gave me a chuckle. I mean sure Peyton arms have diminished but you don't bench a guy who have been the league MVP 5 times and been to 14 pro bowls. Honestly if Peyton start lifting more weights and gets jacked up, he would be the number 1 QB today. Dwayne Johnson is 43 and the dude is ripped. Peyton just need to lift more weight and then he can throw any balls down the field with his accuracy. 

• 2 weeks later...

If they get enough possessions thanks to Denver's inept offense, they will.

DEN can hold teams like GB and NE's offenses at bay, for a while, but they can't do it forever.

This Denver team reminds me of Pete Sampras.

Pete, during the first round of a grand slam will play horrible but barely will win. Everyone will

Wonder against a good player he will

Lose.

Then second round, he will play a little better to win and third and fourth and quarters and in the finals "Pistol Pete" at his best.

This Denver team reminds me of Pete Sampras.

Pete, during the first round of a grand slam will play horrible but barely will win. Everyone will

Wonder against a good player he will

Lose.

Then second round, he will play a little better to win and third and fourth and quarters and in the finals "Pistol Pete" at his best.

Yeah, but in a 53 man game, it is a huge stretch to compare, even for a tennis lover like me :).

I'd say the Broncos could be more like the 2009 Broncos that kept winning for a while till the wheels came off. We will see after the bye week.

Gave me a chuckle. I mean sure Peyton arms have diminished but you don't bench a guy who have been the league MVP 5 times and been to 14 pro bowls. Honestly if Peyton start lifting more weights and gets jacked up, he would be the number 1 QB today. Dwayne Johnson is 43 and the dude is ripped. Peyton just need to lift more weight and then he can throw any balls down the field with his accuracy. 

lifting and working out doesnt have as much impact on arm strength as you would think.