Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You Are The New Gm

IndyTrav

You are the new Gm of the Indianapolis Colts. All of our problems are what they are. You are here to fix them. What do you do?

1.) Hire a New HC. Me personally, Im undecided. Do I want an O minded HC and a strong D cord? Or a D minded HC and a strong O cord? Can't make up my mind yet.

2.) Wayne, Garcon, Brackett, Addai, Mathis, Freeney, Clark all cut. (assuming zero paycuts)

3.) With saved $. Go after Mathis and big time FA. Me, Im looking at Carl Nicks, guard, in New Orleans. And possibly a WR. Get Saturday for one last yr for Peyton.

4.) I draft Luck, followed by OL/ and DBs

5.) Do everything it takes to keep Manning.

So for me it would look like:

QB:Manning/Luck

OL:AC,Nicks,Saturday,Diem,Illijana?

RB: Brown/Carter

WR: Bowe(dream),Collie

TE: Tamme

DL:Mathis/Nevis/Mola/Anderson

LB:Sims/Angerer/Wheeler/Conner

DB: Powers/?/Bethea/?

You are the new Gm of the Indianapolis Colts. All of our problems are what they are. You are here to fix them. What do you do?

1.) Hire a New HC. Me personally, Im undecided. Do I want an O minded HC and a strong D cord? Or a D minded HC and a strong O cord? Can't make up my mind yet.

2.) Wayne, Garcon, Brackett, Addai, Mathis, Freeney, Clark all cut. (assuming zero paycuts)

3.) With saved $. Go after Mathis and big time FA. Me, Im looking at Carl Nicks, guard, in New Orleans. And possibly a WR. Get Saturday for one last yr for Peyton.

You dont have much of a defensive line there....and the recieving core is sub par...

You must sign Garcon or Wayne

..you cant just go get a 1,000-yard receiver at the diva store..

But you're on the right track....Money-wise..we cant keep everybody

1. I start watching film. Lots of film. I'm looking for what worked, and for what didn't. Who was doing their job and who wasn't.

2. I examine the front office and see what if any changes I want to make both to personel as well as process.

3. Same thing for coaching staff.

4. Review the roster and see which of the free agents currently on the team I want to bring back, and see how much they are asking.

5. I figure out what I want to do with the first pick. Part of this will be assessing Mannings future with the team. (If he's heathly, hes starting)

I get a six pack and start telling people how it is.. :flaming:

Just kidding, If I was going in to that job, I'd let Caldwell hang around for continuity IF Peyton was coming back. If you wanted to go in the direction of Luck, then you'd have to assess certain contracts, basically, Reggie and Mathis have to be let go in order to bring in Luck. And I'd have to fire Caldwell.

1) I would look for Mike Zimmer to be head coach, with Mike Martz as offensive coordinator.

2) Brackett, Clark, Freeney - cut who you can't trade or restructure

Wayne, Mathis, Garcon - let walk whoever won't sign for decent CAP deal

3) look for DT or guard free agent. Look for SS or CB free agent

4) Draft Luck followed by - SS or CB (whichever not gotten through FA) - DT or guard (whichever not gotten through FA)

5) Ask Manning to restructure (very politely)

We aren't going to be able to take part in FA this year, at least not to an extent whereas you might recognize any names acquired

If I'm GM, I concentrate wholly on defense. With that Manning guy returning, I know my offense will be self sufficient so long as I keep everyone in place (Wayne). Spagnolo (sp?) would be a great fit for our new DC, I would pursue him with earnest. As for a HC, I would have to think that Fisher would be the best fit of the marquee HC's available. His persona seems to fit our culture as well.

Why not Dungy though? Pull him outta that TV analyst job, he sucks at it. Love me some Dungy, but fella, you are one of the most awkward analysts on the air. Him and Rodney look almost terrified of the camera.

1.Get best possible trade scenario for our number one overall.

2.Evaluate entire coaching staff and decide whom to keep,if any.

3.Hire the best medical staff money can buy(with manning in mind).

4.Cut/restructure aging star contracts,such as freeney,clark,brackett and bullit.

5.Encourage jim irsay to stop drinking and tweeting his every thought.

NO CERTAIN ORDER.

1) I would look for Mike Zimmer to be head coach, with Mike Martz as offensive coordinator.

2) Brackett, Clark, Freeney - cut who you can't trade or restructure

Wayne, Mathis, Garcon - let walk whoever won't sign for decent CAP deal

3) look for DT or guard free agent. Look for SS or CB free agent

4) Draft Luck followed by - SS or CB (whichever not gotten through FA) - DT or guard (whichever not gotten through FA)

5) Ask Manning to restructure (very politely)

cant have Martz with Manning...wont work...different offenses..

Cant cut both garcon AND Wayne...you cant replace both

...Freeney (apparently $19 on the cap next year) must rdstructure toi get Mathis back...

Somebody has to go and its probably Gary Brackett.

cant have Martz with Manning...wont work...different offenses..

Cant cut both garcon AND Wayne...you cant replace both

...Freeney (apparently $19 on the cap next year) must rdstructure toi get Mathis back...

Somebody has to go and its probably Gary Brackett.

What is it about Martz's offense that clashes with Manning?

1) Hire a collegiate scouting director to begin preparations on the draft board and any undrafted free agents thereafter; hire a pro scouting director to put together a prospect board for restricted and unrestricted free agents, and to see what kind of players will be available via trade in 2012.

2) Let Jim Caldwell go. Really good person, not a good head coach; conduct an exhaustive search for a new head coach, and confer with Irsay to settle on our guy, hopefully by February 20 or so (assuming the GM is hired end of January, beginning of February).

3) Hire a capologist to break down for me what the cap standing is, and what adjustments can be made, what impact any trades would have on 2012's cap standing, etc.

4) Significantly related to #3, make adjustments to the roster based on what kind of cap space we need moving forward. Try to restructure Freeney and Manning, maybe Brackett if it can be worked right with the cap rules.

5) Begin negotiations with Wayne and Mathis in hopes of getting reasonable extensions done in the 2011 league year.

Once all that is done, we should be ready for free agency and be getting geared up for the draft.

Hello fellow Colts fans, I look forward to sharing my two cents with as much knowledge and respect as possible. I am from Ohio sandwiched between Browns, Steelers and Bengals fans, I for one have no interest in these teams, never have but I do hold some sympathy for the city of Cleveland. I chose to start fallowing the Colts nearly 12 years ago, what a ride it has been, especially as of late! Like many of you I breath, eat, sleep sports with a background in high school football, Ohio State Buckeyes fan and obviously a huge Colts fan. Go Blue!

With that said, I believe I have a different approach to how I think I would run the offseason if I had the chance.

1.) Hire McKenzie out of Green Bay if possible.

2.) Head Coach: I'd like to see them keep Caldwell. With Polian gone he'll be able to make more decisions for himself. I believe this season was a direct reflection upon front office offering the team limited talent on the depth chart. This limited talent still continued to play hard for Caldwell regardless of how rough it got.

3.) Coordinators/Assistant Coaches: OC - Find an up and coming creative coordinator, whoever that might be. DC - I'd like to see Spags, Reheem Morris, and Del Rio brought in for interviews. I see Spags as a terrible head coach but elite DC. Morris, I believe is from the Dungy coaching tree, correct me if i'm wrong, and would help for a smooth transition with the type of players we have. Del Rio, I always felt like he had the Jags defense ready to play and would know how to approach our AFC South opponents. STC - Anyone better than we currently have.

4.) Manning/Luck: Although my view on this might not be popular I'm gonna stick to my guns. IF Peyton is healthy, I think at this stage you have to trade him, not only to ensure the future of our organization but to give him a chance to win a Super Bowl with a talented team elsewhere. I believe we're in a transition and we should go after Luck and build around him just like we did with Manning, only this time I think we shouldn't rely on 1 player, and build a complimentary team. With a possible 1st round pick at the least for Manning we could get a young playmaker on offense to compliment Luck. (See Cinci - Dalton/Green). They could grow together as Manning did with Harrison and Wayne. Also with the assumed other picks you would get from Manning, address the defense.

5.) Draft/Free Agents:

--IF Manning is gone/traded, let Wayne, Saturday, and Diem go. Attempt to Trade: Clark and Vinny if possible. Restructure: Freeney, Brackett (Good locker room leader). Resign: Mathis, Gonzo (Cushion the loss of Wayne, Vet min), Garcon, Tamme (Replacing Clark), Sims, J. Anderson. Mathis is the big money guy with the others being smaller contracts.

--Continue to build through the draft and resign our own as usual, forget big free agent acquisitions. Draft Luck. Draft a young stud receiver and Gronkowski/Graham-like tight end to compliment Luck's talents. Address defensive tackle, corner back and strong safety, and get depth for the offensive line. Draft another P/K, give McAfee a shot at kicking. Continue to search for diamonds in the rough ala Bethea/Garcon. (Our number of picks are dependent upon what we receive in trades).

6.) The rest: Let competition in pre-season play out to decide the final depth chart. Let each and every player know that their spot and position on the depth chart is not safe.

1. Hire Mike Zimmer as HC (done an amazing job with the Bengals D) if we keep Caldwell get Spags as DC

2. Try to renegotiate Freeney's and Clark's contract if it cant be done cut Clark. Cut Brackett

3. Ask Manning nicely to renegotiate

4. Resign Garcon and Mathis (Our D needs Frathis) and get a wr on the cheap like Braylon Edwards

5. Trade Luck away and build up secondary and get a OG and get a good DT like Solai on free agent

You dont have much of a defensive line there....and the recieving core is sub par...

You must sign Garcon or Wayne

..you cant just go get a 1,000-yard receiver at the diva store..

But you're on the right track....Money-wise..we cant keep everybody

I'd keep Clark and look for a third good tight end in free agency or the middle of the draft to develop a short to intermediate passing game like the Patriots have. This will compensate for Manning's arm strength and should be hard to defend especially if paired with a credible running game.

My first pick would be Kalil. Continue developing the lines as was done in the 2011 draft. This will enable a strong running game to emerge which will make Manning truly lethal in the play action game. Also, improved pass protection will help dramatically in smoothing the transition to Manning's successor and should extend his career by keeping him from throwing in a shooting gallery all of the time. Also, his accuracy and ball security should improve with more time to select targets.

My 2nd pick would be the best Defensive Tackle available to pair with Nevis. This should help with the run defense between the tackles and should help with interior pressure on the opposing quarterback to complement Freeney & Mathis

I would then spend the bottom half of the draft reloading the secondary

1. Hire Mike Zimmer as HC (done an amazing job with the Bengals D) if we keep Caldwell get Spags as DC

Based on what Irsay has said about the fit with Caldwell and Coyer, Caldwell is a Tampa 2 adherent, so the likelihood of him hiring Spagnuolo as his coordinator is slim to none. Spags likes to play a lot of man and even bring some blitzes situationally. Not saying he wouldn't play more zone if he had the personnel, just that he's not a zone guy. If Caldwell stays, I'm reasonably certain Mike Murphy will be his coordinator next season.

1) Trade the number 1 pick to cleveland. Draft Robbert Griffin, Mark Barron, Akameda Ta'amu, Chase Minnifield, and Nick Toon in the 1st 3 rounds.

2) Make a splash in free agency for once on the defensive side of the ball but avoid overpaying for them, i know that is hard to do.

3) Resign Pierre Garcon. Let someone else overpay for Reggie Wayne. He is a product of Peyton Manning and is declining.

4) Find a defensive coordinator that will play man coverage instead of weak zone or any variation of the cover 2

5) Just win baby

Oh also, I'd like to add that cutting Jeff Linkenbach will be priorty number one once I assume power.

I didn't list it because it almost goes without saying.

My first priority would be to send Jim Caldwell to the NFL head coaches convention in Siberia. By the time he figures it out, it'll be too late.

My first priority would be to send Jim Caldwell to the NFL head coaches convention in Siberia. By the time he figures it out, it'll be too late.

Heh.

IMO Linkenbacher is a far bigger threat to the franchise than Jim Caldwell is. But I see your point.

First priority is bringing in a proven head coach and strong defensive coordinator. I believe we still have some pieces to remain a super bowl team now. My head coach would be Mike Zimmer and D coordinator would be Spags or Morris. See if something can be done about Peyton Mannings contract once again. Resigning Mathis, Wayne and Garcon or at least 2/3 of these guys is very important. Garcon is young and has tremendous upside at this point in his career, so if we cant get Wayne to resign for a reasonable price he's gone. Letting Clark go, Tamme will do just fine. Grabbing a descent Cb from FA. We wont have any money to realistically spend.

Roster

QB- P.Manning, A. Luck

WR- A. Collie (I dont think Waynes asking price will be reasonable.)

WR- P. Garcon

WR- A. Gonzalez /Rookie/ White

RB- Addai, Brown, Carter (I think Addai will remain starter but time will be split between all 3)

FB- Felton ( it amazes me how much better a season Donald Brown had once the Colts implimented a fullback into the offense)

TE- Tamme, (goodbye clark....Tamme is younger and has the potential to be a great TE with a good qb at the helm, hes proven that when he filled in for clark last yr)

LT- Costanzo

LG- Reitz

C- Saturday

RG- ??Draft pick, Link is terrible (Charles Barkley voice)

RT- Ijallana, Link is terrible (Charles Barkley voice)

DT -Nevis (19 Tackles and he barely played this season, Dwight freeney had 19 tackles all season, all our other Dts are barely scratching 20 tackles Nevis will be a probowler)

DT- Johnson

LE- Mathis

RE- Freeney

MLB- Angerer

LOLB- Moving Simms to WLB

ROLB- Moving Conner to SLB

CB- Powers

CB- ?? FA signing a vet will do until Rucker or Thomas are ready

FS- Bathea

SS- I dont kno where we go from here, Rookie or rookie FA i dont think we will have enough money left over after other signings

I would:

1.) Hire a GM and Head Coach. My GM candidates in no particular order are – Reggie McKenzie (Packers), Brandon Hunt (Steelers), Harry Swayne (Ravens) or James Nagaoki (Saints). My HC candidates are Jeff Fisher (FA), Pete Carmichael, Jr. (Saints) or Rob Chudzinski (Panthers).

2.) Make major changes to the roster – say goodbye to Saturday, Diem, Clark, the entire DT corps except Nevis, Addai, Wayne, Brackett, Lacey and Hughes. Work with Manning to revise his contract to make it more salary cap friendly. I would draft Luck.

3.) Invest in free agency and see if any of our players excepting Manning and Freeney have any trade value.

Ok, let's see how this goes.

If I'm the GM:

1. Let Manning control his destiny. If Manning wants to play and wants to stay, that's what happens. If he wants to go elsewhere, do your best to orchestrate that. Caldwell might be a big part in keeping Peyton, so I think Caldwell might stay. One would hope he'd take some cuts himself to keep Wayne and/or Mathis, but it's no guarantee. If Manning stays, it's wise to not blow up the team or the scheme. Peyton Manning is the difference between competing next season and blowing the whole thing up and starting over. If Manning insist on Caldwell, skip step 2.

2. Interview your Head Coach candidates. Don't just look at established, because that's not the way the game evolves. Bring in about 3 or 4 established guys and about 3 or 4 up and comers. I'd probably go with 3 and 3, and give Caldwell one of the established slots. Personally, I'd look at Caldwell, Fisher, and maybe give Steve Mariucci a look. Then I think one would look at up and comers, occasionally being mindful of the coaching tree they come from. One looks for guys who demand respect from their players (preferably with respect and not mooning people like some joker who used to work in San Fran) and other coaches around the league. Dave Taub, the ST coordinator from the Bears, is a starting point. ST Coaches aren't the first people that come to mind, but John Harbaugh is doing a solid job in Baltimore, but Taub is an even better coordinator than Harbaugh was. Then I think a guy like Bill O'Brien, the offensive coordinator from the Patriots, deserves a look with the way his offense has run the past few seasons. Finally, I'd look at a guy like Packers assistant head coach Winston Moss, who is rumored to be an emerging head coaching candidate

3. Fill out the rest of the coaching staff. Now that a head coach is in place, one has to work with him to fill the coaching slots. I think, before this happens, one would probably discuss offensive and defensive direction for the team. Some GMs choose the coaches themselves, some are hands off. I think there is a nice balance to take, but one shouldn't up end their coach by taking away from his vision for the team. Throw out a few candidates I like, like Pepper Johnson, DL coach for the Pats, Eric Studesville, RB coach from the Broncos, and perhaps Jack Del Rio. Ultimately, the decision would be his. A team that doesn't trust their head coach to fill his staff doesn't trust their head coach enough. At least that's my opinion.

4. Go over the film with the coach. Who worked, who didn't, who might be a better fit for his schemes, who might have worked but might not be a fit for his scheme. Proceed from there.

5. Try to restructure what you can with high end players to get the team back to a decent cap situation. Most importantly, work on establishing a good relationship with these players. Most players won't like a guy coming in, cleaning house, and then telling them to take less money. They don't know you or your vision. The coach has to have the charisma to get the team behind him, so that's an important part here as well.

6. Cut or trade whoever doesn't want to be there or is set to make too much. Not every big contract goes, but some might. You look at guys like Brackett and Addai, perhaps.

7. Resign those guys who are willing to accept fair contracts that don't break the bank. Those guys are going to be hard to find, so Mathis or Wayne will have to go to make room for the other. Who is easier to replace and who fits in better with the new system?

8. Get a feel for what your coaches are looking for in prospects. Even gets some names. The GM has ultimate control over this and will be doing most of the work, but the coach should have a hand in his team. Team weaknesses should be apparent from previous steps and seeing who walked, so scout those positions and keep in mind who fits the scheme. Take into account the level of competition vs. production, mechanics, etc.

9. Unless someone makes you a deal worth your first born, Luck is the first pick. It's impossible to say every pick, because I don't know how the scheme looks:

1. Andrew Luck, QB - Stanford

2. DT or CB if the value is there

3. Whichever you didn't take in 2, if the talent is there.

4-7. Depends on who goes and what the schemes require

Personally, I'd take Russell Wilson in the 5th round range. No matter how good a QB Luck might be, he'll need a backup. Wilson plays in a pro style system with pro size linemen with a strong arm, good accuracy, and athleticism. He falls due to his height. He's a worthwhile risk as a backup, though he might play 3rd string for a year or two. As we've seen this year, a quality backup is not something a team can afford to skimp on.

There is a suprising amount of support for cutting Clark/Freeney and if not out right cutting, everyone else seems to be in favor oof restructuring. This has caught me off guard. Glad to see it though.

I doubt Freeney restructures, i would hope he does though. He made the spin move :worthy: Clark imo doesnt matter because Tamme has shown last yr he can be just as good. Dont get me wrong i would like to keep them both. I just doubt it happens

I doubt Freeney restructures, i would hope he does though. He made the spin move :worthy: Clark imo doesnt matter because Tamme has shown last yr he can be just as good. Dont get me wrong i would like to keep them both. I just doubt it happens

Im just a known 'Freeney' basher and have been for years, its just weird seeing so many people being on the same page as me. Its bizzaro world.

Whats funny is I just pulled up a thread from the beginning of July where I said Clark was done and Tamme was the future, and was throughly railed for it....

Im just a known 'Freeney' basher and have been for years, its just weird seeing so many people being on the same page as me. Its bizzaro world.

Whats funny is I just pulled up a thread from the beginning of July where I said Clark was done and Tamme was the future, and was throughly railed for it....

I actually remember a few threads like that. I still believe Clark is talented but there are few NFL players in general that produce at a high level besides QBS and Tony Gonzalez in their 30's. Maybe Clark is another one of those special guys but with his injury record i dont think so. Tony G has a special body and has rairley been injured in his career.

I don't think Clark is done, and I don't think Tamme is as good as him. But if we had to choose between paying Clark $10 million for the next two years, or resigning Tamme, I think I'd go for Tamme. Age and cost being the primary considerations. Clark would be a player that I would try to trade if possible, for a couple picks. And that would depend on the cap penalty that would be associated with trading him away.

... Clark would be a player that I would try to trade if possible, for a couple picks. And that would depend on the cap penalty that would be associated with trading him away.

There is no way Clark is worth anything.....a 33 year old non-blocking TE, whos barely played 16 games in 2 years. And only surpassed 650 yds twice in a 9 year career with a Peyton Manning led offense...Not only that but guys like Finley/TonyG/Fred Davis/Carlson/Shockey/Shincoe are all FA's this year, and Dallas is the hghest paid TE? Not a chance anyone trades for that.

There is no way Clark is worth anything.....a 33 year old non-blocking TE, whos barely played 16 games in 2 years. And only surpassed 650 yds twice in a 9 year career with a Peyton Manning led offense...Not only that but guys like Finley/TonyG/Fred Davis/Carlson/Shockey/Shincoe are all FA's this year, and Dallas is the hghest paid TE? Not a chance anyone trades for that.

I have never understood why this franchise has had so many "highest paid player"s at so many positions if Polian was such a great GM and a wizard at negotiating.

Tony G probably isn't going anywhere, assuming he doesn't retire. Finley certainly won't, neither will Shiancoe.

And by the way, the new tight end isn't a blocker. He's a receiver. If you want a blocking tight end, go get one, just don't expect him to be much of a factor in the passing game.

Also, Dallas isn't the highest paid tight end in football. And if you trade him, I believe the new team only assumes a portion of his cap figure, and part of the prorated bonus stays with the original team. And if, at the end of the day, it doesn't make sense to trade him, then we don't trade him. He's still a really good tight end. I know you don't think very highly of him, but that's your opinion. Most people aren't as dismissive of his abilities as you are.

Tony G probably isn't going anywhere, assuming he doesn't retire. Finley certainly won't, neither will Shiancoe.

And by the way, the new tight end isn't a blocker. He's a receiver. If you want a blocking tight end, go get one, just don't expect him to be much of a factor in the passing game.

Also, Dallas isn't the highest paid tight end in football. And if you trade him, I believe the new team only assumes a portion of his cap figure, and part of the prorated bonus stays with the original team. And if, at the end of the day, it doesn't make sense to trade him, then we don't trade him. He's still a really good tight end. I know you don't think very highly of him, but that's your opinion. Most people aren't as dismissive of his abilities as you are.

The non-blocking is somewhat fair, but with that being said he still isn't the blocker those other TE's are.

Youre right, it went Clark, then Gates got a new contract, then Vernon got one after that. I guess Clark set the market then. I was incorrect in saying he was the highest paid.

Im not saying he's not a good TE, he is, but he's nothing special by any means. I know stats don't tell the whole story but it is amazing to me that Tamme, in 8 games, surpassed 7 of Dallas 9 seasons. Thats flabbergasting. And at one point Dallas was the highest paid?! Is something not right with that to you?

1. Hire Jeff Fisher as Head coach, hire Tom Clements as OC, go hard after Steve Spags as DC.

2. Cut Brackett, Addai, Clark, Addai, Gonzalez and Collins. Ask Peyton and Freeney to restructure.

3. Resign Mathis and Garcon. Sign Jeff Saturday to a 1 year deal.

4. Sign Carl Nicks, Carlos Rodgers, Paul Soliai and Cortland Finnegan(this one is a stretch but maybe he'll want to follow Fisher) and Mario Manningham

5. Draft Luck..Barron..Streeter..Pead..Miller..Mosley

QB- Manning/Luck

RB- Brown/Pead/Carter

WR- Manningham/Garcon/Collie/Streeter

TE- Tamme/Eldridge

LT- Castonzo/Mosley

LG- Nicks/Miller

C- Saturday/Pollak

RG- Reitz

RT- Ijalana

LDE- Mathis/Anderson/Addison

LDT- Moala

RDT- Soliai/Johnson/Mathews

RDE- Freeney/Brayton/Hughes

SLB- Wheeler

MLB- Angerer/Edds

WLB- Conner/Sims

LCB- Rodgers/Lacey/Rucker

RCB- Finnegan/Powers/Thomas

SS- Barron/Caldwell/Lefeged

FS- Bethea

The non-blocking is somewhat fair, but with that being said he still isn't the blocker those other TE's are.

Youre right, it went Clark, then Gates got a new contract, then Vernon got one after that. I guess Clark set the market then. I was incorrect in saying he was the highest paid.

Im not saying he's not a good TE, he is, but he's nothing special by any means. I know stats don't tell the whole story but it is amazing to me that Tamme, in 8 games, surpassed 7 of Dallas 9 seasons. Thats flabbergasting. And at one point Dallas was the highest paid?! Is something not right with that to you?

I get the numbers issue. I still think Dallas is a far better player than Tamme, which makes the comparison moot in my mind. I don't really care that he was the highest paid at one point in time. You're talking about tight end money, and it's only in the last several years that the tight end has been a significant production position throughout the league. It used to be that receiving tight ends were few and far between. You had Kellen Winslow, then Shannon Sharpe, then Tony Gonzalez, and that was pretty much it. Second-tier guys like Bubba Franks and Jay Novacek were lucky to catch 50 passes a year. Now that's expected out of your number one tight end. The position has undergone a revolution in the past decade or so, and I would expect the contracts to keep getting larger and larger every year. These young guys coming up (Gronkowski, Graham, etc.) will probably dwarf Dallas' contract.

Dallas isn't that bad of a blocker its not like we ask him to stay in and block that often it isn't his strength. How many of those years was Dallas Clark the focal point of our offense? When we had guys like reggie wayne and marvin harrison on the outside. Not to mention other capable receivers in Brandon Stokely and Edgerin James throughout the years.