Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some roster moves

RockThatBlue

You're face is silly. He could have traded for someone

You are face is silly? Lol wut???

Ps. Signing this guy doesn't mean grigson can't make any more trades this season. He could LITERALLY trade for a proven CB TOMORROW...if he were so inclined...and had a trade partner....that had a commodity of value....that they're willing to part with....for a reasonably fair price. Let's not forget those other tiny details ;)

Pps. I actually thought you were being sarcastic initially, and still think that just might be the case. If not, though, carry on. :)

* He could have traded for someone

Right, I am sure there are multiple teams out there willing to trade a starting Oline player, that won't cost many draft picks at all. Then the Colts will just plug that player in seamlessly and everything will be fine. Like I wrote, Grigson has his issues but those comments are silly.

I'm not worried about Dorsett.  He'll be fine as he gets more experience.  What I AM worried about is the OL we could have secured with his pick and getting our franchise killed.

not trying to defend grigs here because I do agree we should have gone OL in the first, however, lately, 1st round OLs have been hit and miss on the bust scale, whether from injuries or just plain not nfl ready. So its not an automatic to assume that 1st round OL would have fixed our problems

Right, I am sure there are multiple teams out there willing to trade a starting Oline player, that won't cost many draft picks at all. Then the Colts will just plug that player in seamlessly and everything will be fine. Like I wrote, Grigson has his issues but those comments are silly.

Completely agree, Cynjin. Things aren't going to be fixed overnight. Plus, (I may be wrong on this) don't most teams make these types of rosters moves week to week?

La'el Collins is an Olineman for Dallas

Landon Collins is a safety  for the Giants

You got the wrong one.....

"At the time we had come off of a 45-7 killing with a healthy TY, an Andre Johnson who we thought had a little left in the tank, a promising sophomore Moncrief, two pass catching tight ends, and a more established RB in Gore. We did not address the O line or D line enough in the offseason prior to that pick, and signed a bunch of scrubs to play LB and CB. We ended up grabbing Parry and Anderson but would have been nice to have Landon Collins on the field yesterday."

No I didn't.  He's got "Landon Collins" directly in his statement. If he meant Lael then I couldn't argue with that much, but with everything that was going on at the time I can see why they didn't take him in the 1st.  I do think they should have taken him in the 6th or 7th, but they didn't.

Hindsight is 20/20. But taking Lael Collins with the pick where we took the injured CB Smith would look good right now. Colts traded down to the last pick in the 2nd to take the CB, and probably could've traded down twice more to the bottom of the third to take Collins.

But you can't criticize Grigs for that. 31 other GMs also passed on Collins 7 times.

"At the time we had come off of a 45-7 killing with a healthy TY, an Andre Johnson who we thought had a little left in the tank, a promising sophomore Moncrief, two pass catching tight ends, and a more established RB in Gore. We did not address the O line or D line enough in the offseason prior to that pick, and signed a bunch of scrubs to play LB and CB. We ended up grabbing Parry and Anderson but would have been nice to have Landon Collins on the field yesterday."

No I didn't.  He's got "Landon Collins" directly in his statement. If he meant Lael then I couldn't argue with that much, but with everything that was going on at the time I can see why they didn't take him in the 1st.  I do think they should have taken him in the 6th or 7th, but they didn't.

Yes I said how we could have had Landon Collins with our first pick and then later said we could have used a 7th round pick on La'el Collins since those were two glaring needs at the time and still are.

Hindsight is 20/20. But taking Lael Collins with the pick where we took the injured CB Smith would look good right now. Colts traded down to the last pick in the 2nd to take the CB, and probably could've traded down twice more to the bottom of the third to take Collins.

But you can't criticize Grigs for that. 31 other GMs also passed on Collins 7 times.

It's because there was an investigation being done regarding his pregnant ex girlfriend's murder and his agent said he'd sit the year out if that happened. Of course I still would have used that last pick on him.

your hindsight has severe astigmatism if using a top 3rd round pick on a guy who went undrafted would look good right now.  Now, if you'd have said the Colts should have used the 7th round pick that they used on Goode...well, different story. ;)

your hindsight has severe astigmatism if using a top 3rd round pick on a guy who went undrafted would look good right now.  Now, if you'd have said the Colts should have used the 7th round pick that they used on Goode...well, different story. ;)

I was working with the idea that there was no guarantee he would have reported to any team that drafted him below the third round, which is what his agent said.  That actually makes some sense since an UDFA gets to choose his team and doesn't lose much money relative to a mid-late round draft choice.  In many ways, being a UDFA is definitely better than being  a 7th round draftee.