Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm confused!

JohnnyP

I thought by drafting Dorsett we were going to pose mismatch problems???  ..right???  ...can't cover Hilton, AJ, the TEs, and Dorsett right???  ....i hope this organization has learned a much needed lesson.  They have no clue how to build a championship caliber team.  We've been overrated for the past couple of years.  .....We've benefited from a bad division and have relied way too much on the QB.  This organization thinks they're making Luck's job easier by giving him all sorts of toys to play with. .....just clueless!!

They were handed a gift when they drafted Luck ....they've now taken that gift, put it in front of the car and have driven over it with their front tire.

The saddest part is, in a few weeks when we're 2-2, they'll think everything's fixed. ...and then the Pats will remind them again where they really are.

I thought by drafting Dorsett we were going to pose mismatch problems???  ..right???  ...can't cover Hilton, AJ, the TEs, and Dorsett right???  ....i hope this organization has learned a much needed lesson.  They have no clue how to build a championship caliber team.  We've been overrated for the past couple of years.  .....We've benefited from a bad division and have relied way too much on the QB.  This organization thinks they're making Luck's job easier by giving him all sorts of toys to play with. .....just clueless!!

They were handed a gift when they drafted Luck ....they've now taken that gift, put it in front of the car and have driven over it with their front tire.

The saddest part is, in a few weeks when we're 2-2, they'll think everything's fixed. ...and then the Pats will remind them again where they really are.

Agreed...A baby can't play with toys when they aren't available.

I agree with everything you said.  This season is going to be another waste of Luck.  Luck has his issues, but with the right coaching and play makers around him he can become better.  I hate to see Luck decide not to extend his contract with the Colts and perhaps go to Arizona to play and show what he can do with people who know how to coach and play.

Patriots are going to bury this team and I hate the Patriots.

What are the chances Luck takes a hike at the end of his contract? Peyton and Brady are both approaching retirement. I can see both teams dangling a big contract, past and current successes and solid organizations in front of him and his agent. I'm not sure if in the same position I wouldn't give huge consideration to offers from well coached and managed teams. Everybody is going to offer him big bucks so it may come down to intangibles like solid offensive line play, top ten defense, and smart management that sways his decision. Would you want to spend your life being the next David Carr if you could make the same money under more enjoyable circumstances? I wouldn't.

What are the chances Luck takes a hike at the end of his contract? Peyton and Brady are both approaching retirement. I can see both teams dangling a big contract, past and current successes and solid organizations in front of him and his agent. I'm not sure if in the same position I wouldn't give huge consideration to offers from well coached and managed teams. Everybody is going to offer him big bucks so it may come down to intangibles like solid offensive line play, top ten defense, and smart management that sways his decision. Would you want to spend your life being the next David Carr if you could make the same money under more enjoyable circumstances? I wouldn't.

Colts have the 5th year option, Luck is going nowhere else !

i think it depends on what the FO does with the coaching staff and mgt.  From Grigson to the O-line coach.  Pep, Chuck, even Greg Manusky.  I wouldn't re-sign with a team with a confused D and an O-line that could end my career early.

What are the chances Luck takes a hike at the end of his contract? Peyton and Brady are both approaching retirement. I can see both teams dangling a big contract, past and current successes and solid organizations in front of him and his agent. I'm not sure if in the same position I wouldn't give huge consideration to offers from well coached and managed teams. Everybody is going to offer him big bucks so it may come down to intangibles like solid offensive line play, top ten defense, and smart management that sways his decision. Would you want to spend your life being the next David Carr if you could make the same money under more enjoyable circumstances? I wouldn't.

The city of Indianapolis would be burned to the ground if Andrew ended up in New England.

First it was Chuck and/or Pagano, then Pep, now Luck? LOL.

Let's be a little more patient with getting the Offense going. It's evident what needs to be corrected, everything works during practice.

The defenses of Rex Ryan and Todd Bowles are made to disrupt..instead of being reactive they get to the ball first before the Offense can figure it out. Compared to Defenses who are more reactive and fall back into coverage, not blitzing as much. Pep Hamilton was unprepared or incapable of adjusting the plays against an aggressive Defense. No excuse though.

One thing is for certain, I haven't given up on them, because they've proven time and again that they can overcome the odds and have dug themselves out of holes before. (Even though they should not have to at this point) It is what it is guys..at least for now.