Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian: Colts had a first round grade on Brady

21isSuperman

A scumbag?       A scumbag?!?            :facepalm:

in my opinion, someone else said it best, hes turned into the very thing he used to hate. now hes going on tv and flat out lying. he was always arrogant and pompous and ignorant when he really wasnt that great at his job. hes just a scumbag

Brady's success is built off of the Patriots ability to put all the right pieces in place, and BB's amazing ability to make all of those pieces work. People talk about the players the Patriots lost. Patriots lost more through 06-08 and they still win their division/go to Superbowls. It doesn't matter what you give BB, he'll make it work. Watch what I tell you here and now. The Patriots will still be contending without Brady as long as BB is still the coach.

Not only that but Belichick didn't have him on their board till the 6th round. Had Bledsoe not been injured who knows how this would have turned out. When Brady was drafted no one knew he was a great player including Belichick. Patriot fans give magical credit to Belichick when he didn't think that much of him when drafted or he would have drafted him higher. Polian has become exactly the person he disliked when he was a GM.

It was the now deceased QB coach that really wanted Brady and pushed BB saying there is something there.

As to Bledsoe, if not injured, he was on his way out at years end due to money and not the style BB wanted (deep pocket passer)

It would nor surprise of the Colts had a higher grade than most on Brady.  

I know many people on this board now weren't Colts fans in 1999/2000 but in the 200 NFL draft the Colts took two Michigan Players, Josh Williams and Rob Renes, so they has someone spending a lot of time scouting Michigan, talking to the coaches, etc.  And it was hard to not be impressed with Brady that last year.  I was a huge Carr fan but he really screwed Brady over.  Brady would come out in the 1st quarter and lead the Wolverines to a big lead and then Carr would bring in the Henson (because he considered him the Golden Arm Boy) and Henson would turn the ball over a couple of times and squander the lead.  Then Brady would come out in the 3rd and build the lead again and then Carr would send Henson back in and it would end up being a close game.

But anyway the point of this post was that year the Colts were spending a lot of time at Michigan that year and judging by the Colts drafting two Michigan players, Polian trusted his scout, so I would not be shocked at all if that scout had a very good grade on Brady.

I think that Polian was trying to backtrack on Brady's "first round grade"

Reads to me like he lumped guys into the "first round grade" category, then, when the interviewer asked about Brady specifically, he was like 'I really don't remember exactly where he was, but pretty high' (paraphrase).

I don't believe for a second that Indy had a first round grade in Brady. Despite having Manning, he would've drafted Brady if that were the case... Maybe in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th, but BP would not have completely ignored a first round grade that fell to the 6th...

I think that Polian was trying to backtrack on Brady's "first round grade"

Reads to me like he lumped guys into the "first round grade" category, then, when the interviewer asked about Brady specifically, he was like 'I really don't remember exactly where he was, but pretty high' (paraphrase).

I don't believe for a second that Indy had a first round grade in Brady. Despite having Manning, he would've drafted Brady if that were the case... Maybe in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th, but BP would not have completely ignored a first round grade that fell to the 6th...

Nor do I. Polian has been saying off the wall things for years now. Started with his explanation of tanking the perfect season. Fact be known on Mannung vs Leaf , Polian was the guy that was considering Leaf. Mora and Irsay were like 102% for Manning . I happen to know as I had a very good friend that was on the coaching staff at that time. Plus it's well documented that Mora and Manning were very tight. But Polian beats his chest ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000533581/article/bill-polian-colts-had-firstround-grade-on-tom-brady

I think this is untrue.  If you have a first round grade on someone and he's still there in the 4th or 5th round, you're being stupid if you don't take him.  But if it is untrue, what's the point of saying it?  You might be trying to make it sound like you knew Brady would be great when no one else did, but you really just come across looking stupid for having a first round grade on him and passing on him so many times

Just a friendly reminder to keep this discussion on topic, folks.

Because King Na'Polian said so! lol