Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Says 'i Read Blogs'

oldunclemark

IMAGINE if polian goes to now open spot in rams & still wants #1 pick & not Bradford as QB, its a thought, wouldnt mind # 2 and extra picks, thats more than thought we would have as thought we would beat Jags

as they say we live in interesting times

Come on people - he's just trying to appease the fan base. Do you really think he takes divine wisdom from armchair GM's.

One million minds are better than one... Maybe he just skims for ideas... There are some pretty creative (or crazy) people on these boards...

One million minds are better than one... Maybe he just skims for ideas... There are some pretty creative (or crazy) people on these boards...

And Obama reads the NY Times comments sections to get ideas - he ignores his millions of dollars in highly trained staff to read opinions of the common man.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 2, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Nadine, January 2, 2012 - No reason given

Anyone noticed that DN has mysteriously disappeared from the forum? I really think he is a Polian.

I hope a lot of others like him walk, too. Way to many cheerleader types here and this oughtta thin the herd or at least quiet them down.....Ssshhhhhhhhh.

As a team owner I'd want to know what my fan base thought......but it wouldn't steer my decision making. I'd simply trust in what I believe would be sound decision making and make things happen - improve the franchise moving years into the future. With the new CBA framework setting things up for the next ten years it's time to get the kind of blood in here that will make things go for the next decade under the rules. There should be enough evidence out there over the years to support Irsay's decision making - - there certainly is for me.

absolutely...He's not a common man or a common fan..

He has no idea what we think...or how we feel

If he doesnt actually read them..I'd bet his daughters do...

I think he's got more reason to read whats being said about the Colts than most people

If you do read this

Get Mike Zimmer as Hc plz

I agree with you 100% enough with the hire jeff fisher threads mike zimmer would make a great head coach, especially if we are going to start rebuilding. I would be ok with Fisher because he is a big improvement from Caldwell but Zimmer as our new head coach would be awesome!

Guys, an owner worth anything would be wise to monitor blogs and news papers. An owner oversees the entire organization and not just football. Public relations and marketing are part of running a team.

Were the Polians fired for what blogs and news papers said? It was probably part of it in that Bill's meltdown and radio antics had finally come to a head. However, the bigger issue is that the draft has been poor since 2007, and over the course of 14 years, the defense has never been addressed in a meaningful way.

As a team owner I'd want to know what my fan base thought......but it wouldn't steer my decision making. I'd simply trust in what I believe would be sound decision making and make things happen - improve the franchise moving years into the future. With the new CBA framework setting things up for the next ten years it's time to get the kind of blood in here that will make things go for the next decade under the rules. There should be enough evidence out there over the years to support Irsay's decision making - - there certainly is for me.

That's right. Jim Irsay's business is selling tickets to fans. What fans think matters. For good or bad fan opiion is based on media coverage.

That's why the pressure is so high in NY. The sensasionalism of the coverage is so high that one loss is an indication that coughlin has lost the team and his job is on the line.

Guys, an owner worth anything would be wise to monitor blogs and news papers. An owner oversees the entire organization and not just football. Public relations and marketing are part of running a team.

Were the Polians fired for what blogs and news papers said? It was probably part of it in that Bill's meltdown and radio antics had finally come to a head. However, the bigger issue is that the draft has been poor since 2007, and over the course of 14 years, the defense has never been addressed in a meaningful way.

No not fired for what blogs and news papers said. But Irsay did acknowledge in his press conference yesterday that the Colts do do a better job with media relations. That said, I think he was clear that the GM has got to have decision power over what's public and what's not.

I think Mr. Irsay gave a great, wise, thoughtful press conference yesterday. Change had to come, and it is time. We love our team, staff, and administrators, but we like to win, too. I think we need more players that can play in bad weather, maybe from New England or Green Bay. I don't know who's up for grabs. I agree that it's time for Peyton to mentor. All great managers are great mentors.

C.W.

That's absolutely not true when those million minds know far less about football, per person, than the one mind in question. It's like multiplying fractions: the number gets progressively smaller and messier.

That's absolutely not true when those million minds know far less, per person, than the one mind in question. It's like multiplying fractions: the number gets progressively smaller and messier.

Ha! That's true, but he can always filter out the garbage. It's not like he has to take EVERY post seriously. He's smart enough to know how to skim through the dook...

That's absolutely not true when those million minds know far less about football, per person, than the one mind in question. It's like multiplying fractions: the number gets progressively smaller and messier.

Pssst... You need to add the fractions representing knowledge held by each of the individuals comprising the group, discounting any shared knowledge, not multiply them. Multiplying them would mean that every time you read a book you lose knowledge

51YSE0YH9CL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

No not fired for what blogs and news papers said. But Irsay did acknowledge in his press conference yesterday that the Colts do do a better job with media relations. That said, I think he was clear that the GM has got to have decision power over what's public and what's not.

I think that it is hard to say that blogs and newspapers did not enter into the decision. A lot of what was in them, was a result of Polian meltdowns and interview Shinanigans that were eroding fan support. Now to think that it was the only reason would be foolish, but we have to acknowledge that it was probably part of it.

That's a horrible analogy. You don't want the mob making decissions, but their can be wisdom coming from the crowd nontheless. You operate under the assumption that every voice in the fanbase is a foolish one. I am certain that I have expertise that Irsay doesn't have that could be applied to the organization as do many others that is not in his ken. There is no reason why a voice in a crowd could not spark an idea for Irsay to investigate something.

Certainly, as a CEO, you have to guard against group think, but and such. To be honest, if anyone has exhibited a heard mentality, you get the prize with your overt sentimentality concerning Peyton's future, the draft, and personel decision in general.

I'm sure its for nothing more than gauging the general sentiment of the fanbase than anything else. Like if we're ticked off or not. I doubt he's checking polls or anything to see who we should draft (at least I hope he isn't.)