Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Is Possibl For Manning To Give Wayne 'his' Money?

oldunclemark

Manning is due $28 mi...right...assuming he's healthy

...what if he directed $10-$12 mil to Reggie for the next 2 seasons?

/I know it would be hard for the Mannings to survive on $16 mil a year...(they've got 2 mouths to feed)

...but he could get the $28 mill in 2014 and 2015..

..does that make any sense.?

I don't think there's enough restructuring to be done to keep Reggie. Too bad, he's an all timer IMHO.

I saw him playing hard t the end today...

If we'd have gotten the ball back.....in the final 4 minutes..i think we'd have won...

I think Manning would want Wayne...and could tell Irsay to shift the 2012 and 2013 cash to Reggie...

$12 mil a year would get Reggie wouldnt it??

Its possible if they make a lilttle side deal between themselves. PM says thanks you Colts and here you go reggie thank you for staying on. Reggie says thank you very much Peyton now throw me the damm ball.

That would be nice, but it's also illegal. No personal service contracts allowed either.

I saw him playing hard t the end today...

If we'd have gotten the ball back.....in the final 4 minutes..i think we'd have won...

I think Manning would want Wayne...and could tell Irsay to shift the 2012 and 2013 cash to Reggie...

$12 mil a year would get Reggie wouldnt it??

Why is it Manning's responsibility to pay Wayne?

I don't know why it's such a foregone conclusion that he's gone after this year. The guy has been playing at a pretty high level. As long as he's not expecting a Larry Fitzgerald contract I think we could keep him.

I think everyone is saying it's purely financial. We were up against the cap already, Mathis needs a new contract (or franchised), Freeney is making a ton next year, not to mention we'll pay for a #1 pick.

Given all that, I don't know how they come up with the money that Reggie deserves.

That would be nice, but it's also illegal. No personal service contracts allowed either.

Why is illegal for Manning to restructure his deal..backloading it until 2014 and 2015

..with the stipulation that Colts money saved be used to offer Reggie Wayne a TWO-YEAR $24 mil deal ($12 mil a year?)_

..what rules does that break?

Why is illegal for Manning to restructure his deal..backloading it until 2014 and 2015

..with the stipulation that Colts money saved be used to offer Reggie Wayne a TWO-YEAR $24 mil deal ($12 mil a year?)_

I'm no cap expert, but I know it's not that simple. There are things the NFL and the NFLPA won't let you do. Besides the illegalities, there's also the issue of hurting the team in the long run. If you remember the 49ers issues, that's what I'm talking about.

But, like Jskinnz said, why are you only talking about Manning?

I dont know why these multi-millionaires dont sign like 1yr/ 1 mill contracts. Whats so wrong with that? :P

But then how will they afford their 4 cars, massive homes, tons of child support in the case of many players, and all the other "necessities" that come with being an NFL player?

1 Reggie isn't worth 12 million a year.

2 Any restructuring Manning does will come due at some point, thus creating higher cap hits down the road.

1 Reggie isn't worth 12 million a year.

2 Any restructuring Manning does will come due at some point, thus creating higher cap hits down the road.

I think to us Wayne is worth 412 mil..but I agree that's debatable..

Sure...it will create higher hits down the road..but down the road..we wont have Saturday and maybe Dallas Clark..who is 32.

Lets not worry about our cap space 3 years from now....when we can make a Super Bowl run next year with a healthy No. 18..and his No. 1 hands

..as far as the NFLPA is concerned.....who says the two incidents have to be tied?

You renegotiate Peyton and then you sign Reggie leaving only circumstansial evidence that the two acts were linked>..

My question is: Do you think three 3 parties involved (Reggie,. Peyton and Jim Irsay) would do it..?