Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kirk Cousins Starting For The Redskins [Merge]

bap1331

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a link to that? I have not read anywhere that he will be cleared by week 1. It is a concussion. No one knows for sure when a player can come back pending his symptoms.

He was cleared, then mysteriously uncleared. And how many players take a month to clear concussion protocol?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/29/gruden-said-friday-that-rg3-was-cleared-would-play-if-he-felt-ready/

Honestly, I don't what you are reading here. RG suffered a concussion. The Redskins thought he was going to be cleared to play in the preseason but an independent doctor said his tests have not come back clear. If anything, it seems to me the Redskins are trying to do a bit of a CYA here as he should not have been allowed on the field for practice without the evaluation coming back clear.

And it is also not official that he will not start. Rappaport said the Redskins are planning for Cousins probably because concussions can be tricky in terms of when a player gets cleared pending his symptoms and severity of the brain injury.

You know what that's called? "He didn't work out for us." He isn't automatically labeled a bust. That's not how it works.

LOL. Yeah your right. As long as a player is still in football , he shouldn't be labeled a bust. From now on we'll call guys like this "no work out well guys." You're hysterical the way you'll say anything rather than admit you're wrong as usual.

He was cleared, then mysteriously uncleared. And how many players take a month to clear concussion protocol?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/29/gruden-said-friday-that-rg3-was-cleared-would-play-if-he-felt-ready/

LOL. You are guys are too much. The Redskins cleared him and the independent doctor said he is not ready. As I said in my previous post, this is more on the Redskins if they did not wait for his tests to come back before putting him back on the field.

And who is to say what his timeframe is without knowing the severity of the injury but the NFL is very, very careful with concussions. Players have to be symptom free and cleared by an independent doctor before they can even practice.

A month?

RG3 was just hurt in pre-season game #2.     I think it's been roughly a week.

If I'm wrong,  it was pre-season game #1.     That would be two weeks ago.      Certainly not a month.

LOL. Yeah your right. As long as a player is still in football , he shouldn't be labeled a bust. From now on we'll call guys like this "no work out well guys." You're hysterical the way you'll say anything rather than admit you're wrong as usual.

Keep on with the personal attacks, I love it. It just shows you really don't have an argument. Excuse me, I'm going to watch some highlights of that bust Cris Carter when he was playing in Philadelphia.

A month?

RG3 was just hurt in pre-season game #2. I think it's been roughly a week.

If I'm wrong, it was pre-season game #1. That would be two weeks ago. Certainly not a month.

And the beginning of the season is two weeks from now. 2 weeks + 2 weeks = a month

Then your definition of bust is wrong. He was a 5 th overall pick. He is on his second team sitting behind a guy with huge question marks.

He was the 2nd overall pick. The skins gave up their 5th pick in the first round , their 2nd rounder and following first rounders for the next two years. He's now worth a 5th at most. If you go by the value chart teams use , it would be about 5000 points in value given up for about 40 points.

He was the 2nd overall pick. The skins gave up their 5th pick in the first round , their 2nd rounder and following first rounders for the next two years. He's now worth a 5th at most. If you go by the value chart teams use , it would be about 5000 points in value given up for about 40 points.

I was talking about sanchez

Keep on with the personal attacks, I love it. It just shows you really don't have an argument. Excuse me, I'm going to watch some highlights of that bust Cris Carter when he was playing in Philadelphia.

Guys drafted in the 4th round of the supplemental draft can't be busts.

And the beginning of the season is two weeks from now. 2 weeks + 2 weeks = a month

Good heavens. He has not been not cleared for week 1. Rapaport said the skins are planning for Cousins to start. He has not been named the starter yet as they await RG's recovery. Again, concussions can be tricky as he has to pass all the tests and be symptom free before he can even practice.

Good heavens. He has not been not cleared for week 1. Rapaport said the skins are planning for Cousins to start. He has not been named the starter yet as they await RG's recovery. Again, concussions can be tricky as he has to pass all the tests and be symptom free before he can even practice.

Have you watched him play? He isn't starting week 1 even if he is 100%

personal attacks.Good luck on a mod helping you with that one. More , and more unreal comparisons you keep making . Carter caught 17 TD passes for the eagles in the 2nd and 3rd years he played for them. Are you OK ?

Guys drafted in the 4th round of the supplemental draft can't be busts.

Only players taken from acquisition of other picks then. Oh, and even if you still have a chance to do well for yourself you're still a bust. Sounds legit.

personal attacks.Good luck on a mod helping you with that one. More , and more unreal comparisons you keep making . Carter caught 17 TD passes for the eagles in the 2nd and 3rd years he played for them. Are you OK ?

I'm going by your logic. Which is terrible, like I said before.

Good heavens.. if we have the wrong info ... then our bad . But where are you getting yours that its totally an "injury thing /"

http://spartanavenue.com/2015/08/29/kirk-cousins-named-week-one-starter-for-the-washington-redskins/

I'm going by your logic. Which is terrible, like I said before.

The careers of Brett favre and Chris carter do not in the slightest way parallel that of RG3. Go ahead and show how by my logic they would be "busts." That should really be cute... have at it.

Oh....   Ok....    now I follow you!      Sorry,  didn't catch your drift....

As for that,  the team will not have seen enough to make RG3 the starter in two weeks,  so they go with Cousins.

Wasn't it last week that he sustained the concussion? That would be 3 weeks until Week 1, not 4.

Anyway, the Redskins are total mess. Gruden has no control of his team. It would be in Griffin's best interests to move to another team. Arizona would be a good landing spot. I have a lot of respect for Arians.

Wasn't it last week that he sustained the concussion? That would be 3 weeks until Week 1, not 4.

Anyway, the Redskins are total mess. Gruden has no control of his team. It would be in Griffin's best interests to move to another team. Arizona would be a good landing spot. I have a lot of respect for Arians.

Bob would get killed in Arians offense. Lots of 7 step drops. Plus, he would have to read a defense, which he has struggled mightily with

LOL. You are guys are too much. The Redskins cleared him and the independent doctor said he is not ready. As I said in my previous post, this is more on the Redskins if they did not wait for his tests to come back before putting him back on the field.

And who is to say what his timeframe is without knowing the severity of the injury but the NFL is very, very careful with concussions. Players have to be symptom free and cleared by an independent doctor before they can even practice.

No.  An independent NFL neurologist cleared him and then uncleared him after consulting with another independent doctor.  This was actually a league thing and not a Redskins thing (for once).. unless you're big on behind closed doors, jet fuel can't melt steel beams level conspiracies.

Statement from neurologist regarding Robert Griffin III not being cleared for Saturday. #redskins pic.twitter.com/iFIjpQlFDP

— John Keim (@john_keim)

August 28, 2015

Until the Redskins mgmt. or coaches say so. Right now they are saying he is not cleared to play/practice.

Yeah.. sure you and Quiz are right. What don't you get ? The report is Cousins is named the starter for week one. RG3 was cleared , then not cleared. Gruden makes remarks that are pretty tough to follow Like ... the doctors say he's OK but uh.. maybe the player is not talking like he's 100%. Then they name Cousins the starter for a game around 3 weeks down the road. Go ahead and dig your heels in and you and Quiz keep "liking" each other's post that you know are pure rat poop. What QB is removed from a start 3 weeks from a concussion they are not even sure happened ? Please.....

The careers of Brett favre and Chris carter do not in the slightest way parallel that of RG3. Go ahead and show how by my logic they would be "busts." That should really be cute... have at it.

I'm not doing anything. Your posts in this topic speak enough for you. It really doesn't matter, I don't think he's a bust and you do. So be it.

I've seen by this thread that AM and Quiz don't have any idea what a bust is. How the hell can Chris Carter be a bust? Was he taken 5th overall?? Was he taken 2nd overall and the team traded 2 future 1sts plus more to move up for him?

That's not the argument. It's clear you haven't actually read the thread.

That's not the argument. It's clear you haven't actually read the thread.

it's pretty clear you and AM still think RG3 and Sanchez aren't busts when it's quite simple they both are then you tried to call Carter a bust when he was taken in the damn supplemental draft lol sorry but when you were a to 5 pick and are now a career backup that's called a BUST

it's pretty clear you and AM still think RG3 and Sanchez aren't busts when it's quite simple they both are then you tried to call Carter a bust when he was taken in the damn supplemental draft lol sorry but when you were a to 5 pick and are now a career backup that's called a BUST

If Carter were taken in the top 10 of the first round , he would not have been a bust. It makes zero sense to bring his name or Favre's into the discussion. Carter and Favre both had uneventful rookie years and then their careers took off. How anyone can relate that t a 4th year guy that is benched in favor of back up type players is irrational and or delusional.

Bradford has been spectacularly unlucky with injuries when it comes to his career. It's somewhat unfair to he was the last of the big rookie QB contracts so he had that millstone around his neck too.

He looked good tonight. If he stays healthy Philly will be in the mix in the NFC. I think they are the best team in the East.

If Carter were taken in the top 10 of the first round , he would not have been a bust. It makes zero sense to bring his name or Favre's into the discussion. Carter and Favre both had uneventful rookie years and then their careers took off. How anyone can relate that t a 4th year guy that is benched in favor of back up type players is irrational and or delusional.

only AM and quiz...

Bradford is a much better QB than RG3. I think people have forgot that when he was healthy Bradford could play. In 2013 through 7 games he had 14 td's to 4 int's then the injury.

Only 3 rookies started all 16 and passed for over 3,000 yards. Peyton Matty Ice and Bradford

Why would Chip want him? He's a headache. I think Chips just fine with Bradford. He wants someone who protects the ball no exactly RG3's strength

You got me all wrong. In no way I said he is better than Bradford. Bradford is a pretty good guy.

Wasn't he playing with second and third team linemen when he suffered the concussion. I'm not sure about that but it seems like I read it somewhere.

GR III is a Coach Killer as well.  Just last week he said he was "the best QB in the NFL"....go catch splinters Robert!

only AM and quiz...

They are so annoying. Look.. if RG3 starts game 2 and plays a good QB for the remainder of 2015 , I'll just come on and say good call guys. I was wrong , he's better than I gave him credit for being. My call is that if Cousins just plays decently , top 25 or so QB , RG3 will never regain the starting job in Washington. That's my call . If wrong , I'll be glad to eat crow. Thses two birds just want to spew out stuff that isn't even close to being rational rather than admit they were wrong saying RG3> than Luck 3 years ago and now hanging on by saying things like it's "Washington's fault" or a player has to be out of the league to be considered a bust. Then to say by my "logic" Brett Favre is a bust. I'd love for somebody to show me that correlation

They are so annoying. Look.. if RG3 starts game 2 and plays a good QB for the remainder of 2015 , I'll just come on and say good call guys. I was wrong , he's better than I gave him credit for being. My call is that if Cousins just plays decently , top 25 or so QB , RG3 will never regain the starting job in Washington. That's my call . If wrong , I'll be glad to eat crow. Thses two birds just want to spew out stuff that isn't even close to being rational rather than admit they were wrong saying RG3> than Luck 3 years ago and now hanging on by saying things like it's "Washington's fault" or a player has to be out of the league to be considered a bust. Then to say by my "logic" Brett Favre is a bust. I'd love for somebody to show me that correlation

lol yeah