Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is It Bad Qb Play Or Was Duron Carter Just Massively Overhyped?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess he somehow earned playing time with Luck.

No Dorsett allowed him to play with Luck.

He's still VERY raw in his route running.  Letting DB's dictate where he goes is not a sign of a starter.-or even 2nd stringer-

But he shown tools that makes him keepable and trainable.  When Luck had to throw the early pass and carter looked up at the end of his route, the ball was already there, yet he somehow caught it.  Most rookie's won't catch that. He just needs to learn to play more physical against DB's.

Well overall I liked what I saw from Carter.  He did allow himself to be bullied off of routes which he certainly needs to work on.  But overall I think he showed some good things.

Not sure if he will be stashed on the PS or kept on the active roster... I wouldn't be surprised one way or another though

Don't mean to re-hash, but whoever was saying that long strides are something coaches/scouts would prefer (maybe "covet" in some circumstances) is right on. You can tell that by just looking at the on-field mechanics of the whole thing, you look at a player like Jacoby Jones - who really isn't overly fast (ran like a 4.5 40, which is about as fast as disgusting fat slob Dwayne Bowe) - and he's KR ace.

Also, my time at Rutgers, I knew some of the people that worked with the team and lived next to some of the players (including NFLers the McCourty twins, Kenny Britt and Tiquan Underwood, who lived next to me Apt. 200 my sophomore year) and part of the reason why the insanely fast, but very small, Tim Brown was taken off KR duty after just one season was, well, not due to his on-field speed I can tell you that. 

That said, it's all part of the evaluation process. Not everyone will require a long stride to play KR. But it's certainly something you might want to factor into the equation because of how much faster the angles change on a KR given the opposing speed on these plays. That stride length makes a difference by just changing the angle that much, it can be the difference between being tackled or breaking a tackle...

No Dorsett allowed him to play with Luck.

He's still VERY raw in his route running.  Letting DB's dictate where he goes is not a sign of a starter.-or even 2nd stringer-

But he shown tools that makes him keepable and trainable.  When Luck had to throw the early pass and carter looked up at the end of his route, the ball was already there, yet he somehow caught it.  Most rookie's won't catch that. He just needs to learn to play more physical against DB's.

I was responding to people who said he was behind griff and the other camp bodies.

The people who are killing Carter are being just as ridiculous as the guys who expected way to much from him. God lord, if he had dropped a pass, fumbled and then gotten injured people would be killing him.

I was responding to people who said he was behind griff and the other camp bodies.

The people who are killing Carter are being just as ridiculous as the guys who expected way to much from him. God lord, if he had dropped a pass, fumbled and then gotten injured people would be killing him.

Granted.  Rookies are expected to have learning curves.and EVERYONE has bad games.  He has potential,..just has alot to learn.

I searched "long strides kick returner" and this page was the 7th result.

its because these posts are new.  show me something that says the contrary...

Don't mean to re-hash, but whoever was saying that long strides are something coaches/scouts would prefer (maybe "covet" in some circumstances) is right on. You can tell that by just looking at the on-field mechanics of the whole thing, you look at a player like Jacoby Jones - who really isn't overly fast (ran like a 4.5 40, which is about as fast as disgusting fat slob Dwayne Bowe) - and he's KR ace.

Also, my time at Rutgers, I knew some of the people that worked with the team and lived next to some of the players (including NFLers the McCourty twins, Kenny Britt and Tiquan Underwood, who lived next to me Apt. 200 my sophomore year) and part of the reason why the insanely fast, but very small, Tim Brown was taken off KR duty after just one season was, well, not due to his on-field speed I can tell you that. 

That said, it's all part of the evaluation process. Not everyone will require a long stride to play KR. But it's certainly something you might want to factor into the equation because of how much faster the angles change on a KR given the opposing speed on these plays. That stride length makes a difference by just changing the angle that much, it can be the difference between being tackled or breaking a tackle...

this guy knows what hes talking about.  its not mandatory to be have a long stride, but it is a positive for a number of reasons