Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defamation suit filed against Ted Wells

Bad Morty

People are latching on because it's Wells.

I dare anybody to read that report and tell me Turner isn't trying to cash in right now. The stuff they did to Martin, other players, and assistant coaches was disgusting.

I agree. Turner is an opportunist who is hoping to cash in when others are questioning Wells' objectivity. Why isn't Turner suing those who accused him of wrongdoing (like J. Martin)?

I read the Wells report on the Dolphins bullying scandal when it was first released. There was nothing there that struck me as defamation. If what was reported is factual, then Turner has no basis for a defamation claim. He hurt himself by resorting to unprofessional behavior.

Turner, not Wells, is to blame for his being out of a job.

A) As I said, Turner is a first rate stand up guy and ex-marine

B) As we know, Wells is a lying scumbag

Pretty easy math...hey remember that phone conference Wells did where he got all indignant about everyone claiming he wasn't independent? Lol...that is hilarious to listen to in light of the NFL now admitting he wasn't independent.

A) Yeah a real stand up guy:

• Buys the entire O-Line female sex dolls, except Jonathan Martin, who he buys a male one for. Denies this to investigators, despite all other witness testifying it happened
  • Denied instituting a culture of labelling anyone not on board with Incognito's behaviour a "Judas" despite again everyone, including Incognito testifying to that end
  • Denied knowing anything about any bullying despite several witnesses testifying to the contrary 
  • Sent texts to Martin after the story broke pressuring him to stand behind Incognito (another real stand up guy)

Just because you're a former Marine does not automatically make you a stand up guy. 

B) Proof? 

What next? That Martin was the agent for an NFL sting to take down Richie Incognito? That others in the NFL were so jealous of the success of the Dolphins' perfect season they set them up? 

I agree. Turner is an opportunist who is hoping to cash in when others are questioning Wells' objectivity. Why isn't Turner suing those who accused him of wrongdoing (like J. Martin)?

I read the Wells report on the Dolphins bullying scandal when it was first released. There was nothing there that struck me as defamation. If what was reported is factual, then Turner has no basis for a defamation claim. He hurt himself by resorting to unprofessional behavior.

Turner, not Wells, is to blame for his being out of a job.

And that makes perfect sense. Wells credibility has been torn to shreds the last few months and in particular the last week where the NFL has done a 180 and changed its position on Wells being independent in the Brady case to now saying that article 46 allows them to have an investigation that is not independent. In Turner's case, Wells was hired and paid by the NFL so he can definitely piggy back off of what has happened with Brady and if he can prove Wells lied and intentionally defamed him (a high bar to reach) then by all means he should.

And that makes perfect sense. Wells credibility has been torn to shreds the last few months and in particular the last week where the NFL has done a 180 and changed its position on Wells being independent in the Brady case to now saying that article 46 allows them to have an investigation that is not independent. In Turner's case, Wells was hired and paid by the NFL so he can definitely piggy back off of what has happened with Brady and if he can prove Wells lied and intentionally defamed him (a high bar to reach) then by all means he should.

There is no way you read the Dolphins wells report. I think the advice Turner is getting from his Lawyer is, you might as well latch on because there is no smoking gun. The odd thing is smoking guns have never been the standard. When every witness says you did something, I don't see a judge saying wells defamed him. Turner defamed himself.

A) Yeah a real stand up guy:

• Buys the entire O-Line female sex dolls, except Jonathan Martin, who he buys a male one for. Denies this to investigators, despite all other witness testifying it happened
  • Denied instituting a culture of labelling anyone not on board with Incognito's behaviour a "Judas" despite again everyone, including Incognito testifying to that end
  • Denied knowing anything about any bullying despite several witnesses testifying to the contrary
  • Sent texts to Martin after the story broke pressuring him to stand behind Incognito (another real stand up guy)
Just because you're a former Marine does not automatically make you a stand up guy.

B) Proof?

What next? That Martin was the agent for an NFL sting to take down Richie Incognito? That others in the NFL were so jealous of the success of the Dolphins' perfect season they set them up?

I don't usually co-sign posts, but this is just plain logic.

There is no way you read the Dolphins wells report. I think the advice Turner is getting from his Lawyer is, you might as well latch on because there is no smoking gun. The odd thing is smoking guns have never been the standard. When every witness says you did something, I don't see a judge saying wells defamed him. Turner defamed himself.

I already admitted that I have no read it but that was not the point. The poster I was responding to was questioning the timing and my point was this is the perfect time to file suit as Wells credibility has been torn to shreds the last couple of months. Whether he has a strong case is a completely different issue and as I have said repeatedly, a defamation case has a very high standard to meet so we will see how far this goes. But as far as him filing, why the heck not? He is out of football right now. He has zero to lose and everything to gain if he wins.

A) As I said, Turner is a first rate stand up guy and ex-marine

B) As we know, Wells is a lying scumbag

Pretty easy math...hey remember that phone conference Wells did where he got all indignant about everyone claiming he wasn't independent? Lol...that is hilarious to listen to in light of the NFL now admitting he wasn't independent.

Yeah, he sounds like a real great guy. Except of course to those he humiliates in locker rooms

Edited by SteelCityColt
Typo

I already admitted that I have no read it but that was not the point. The poster I was responding to was questioning the timing and my point was this is the perfect time to file suit as Wells credibility has been torn to shreds the last couple of months. Whether he has a strong case is a completely different issue and as I have said repeatedly, a defamation case has a very high standard to meet so we will see how far this goes. But as far as him filing, why the heck not? He is out of football right now. He has zero to lose and everything to gain if he wins.

Please explain how ted wells credibility has been torn to shreads

This thread, I strongly suspect was created to have another place to discuss deflategate.

We already have a thread for that and we've discussed that quite a bit so I know everyone knows this.

If this thread keeps being about deflategate rather than this particular issue, we'll just close it.

Good heavens .... just go to the deflategate thread. It is all there. I am not rehashing literally the last two months.

No one wants go trudge through all the pages of your garbage and random quotes, *

Edited by Nadine
inflammatory

This thread, I strongly suspect was created to have another place to discuss deflategate.

We already have a thread for that and we've discussed that quite a bit so I know everyone knows this.

If this thread keeps being about deflategate rather than this particular issue, we'll just close it.

You know that's where it's going...