Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ben Heenan OUT

TKnight24

Although Heenan is gone, as many have said a meniscus is not a bad injury. He could have been back by the first game. So if anyone else goes down with a knee injury, just let it be nothing worse than the mentioned injury. Since that is the first bad injury this week in Anderson, considering past history we are doing great, knock on wood! Only one week left in Anderson.

I will not reference injuries unless I have too. I don't want to anger the injury spirits. We deserve to have good karma looking over our team!

Minus the drama, this happens every year to every professional sports team.

It's part of it

Well no wonder he got hurt. Sounds like he was hit with a car. Why is there a car driving on our practice field? THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

Right, which is why I don't think the Colts were really interested in IR'ing him.

It must have been an acceptable settlement and I assume they told him he likely wasn't going to work out anyway.

It's quite possible they tell him to go heal up, keep in shape and if there is an opening after camp, they could resign him to either the PS or regular club if needed. Just wasn't keeping him around until he heals up. Of course it could have meant he wasn't grasping the concepts fast enough or playing where they expected him to at this point in his NFL career. Idk

@Buffalo will NOT be easy. The Colts could very well lose the opener. They have a great D and some really good playmakers on offense.

Yes, Buffalo is my sleeper pick to win the AFC East.  I think NE will dig themselves into too big of a whole with Brady out, then losing week 6 on his first game back in Indy:)

However, I think we will pull out the season opener.  Our guys are looking great, and are pretty much in midseason form from what I am hearing!  Difficult environment on the road though!

Right, which is why I don't think the Colts were really interested in IR'ing him.

It must have been an acceptable settlement and I assume they told him he likely wasn't going to work out anyway.

Sounds like they still have interest, based on comments from Grigson and Pagano. Could just be lip service, not trying to kill a guy's chances while he's on his way out the door. But normally, he'd be waive-injured, and you'd go from there. An injury settlement always makes me think the player wanted out. IDK

Sounds like they still have interest, based on comments from Grigson and Pagano. Could just be lip service, not trying to kill a guy's chances while he's on his way out the door. But normally, he'd be waive-injured, and you'd go from there. An injury settlement always makes me think the player wanted out. IDK

Yeah, I read Pagano, I believe, said they'd be interested in Heenan coming back when he gets healthy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how serious that comment was.

I check the forum everyday to not only read the highlights, but also check to see who got injured. Unfortunately, there's going to be more of this before the season starts.

I will be happy if it's only fringe guys like Heenan

I tore mine in high school pretty bad! It actually

tore then flipped over upon itself and locked up my knee until surgery. He should be able to recover and be fine.

Reggie bush has torn his multiple times.

it's a really bad injury as far as having confidence when you have to put weight back on it laterally.  in the NFL it's even worse knowing that you and the other incredible hulk across from you will be jaunting down on the meniscus and crossing your fingers it doesn't give like a bungee cord.  SNAP!! Ugh, out again, humph