Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady vs. Manning

Hoosier

Some of the most entertaining and exciting games.

I've said it numerous times that I am very grateful to have watched these two play, and have enjoyed the friendly rivalry between the two of them ~ and the not so friendly rivalry amongst the fans. haha

I saw that show last fall and enjoyed the show.  For the most part each game between the two had meaning in the playoff scheme of things, either a regular season game which would effect seeding or an actual playoff game and pretty much all of the games from 2003 to the present where such games.

The fact that we have been on this run for over a decade is really amazing, it is extremely rare in sports to have such a long run, more often than not the two greats offset their respective years and only cross paths say for 3-6 years, here we have had 14 years and are still running. 

I really gonna miss "Tommy Terrific" & "The Sheriff" when they're both retired from the League. Both exceptional at what they do. The great ones always make the impossible look so darn easy. 

With Brady & Manning, it's never over; there's always an ability to fly out of the smoldering ashes of defeat into "how in the world did he just pull that off? Wow, I'm positively speechless man." 

I saw that show last fall and enjoyed the show.  For the most part each game between the two had meaning in the playoff scheme of things, either a regular season game which would effect seeding or an actual playoff game and pretty much all of the games from 2003 to the present where such games.

The fact that we have been on this run for over a decade is really amazing, it is extremely rare in sports to have such a long run, more often than not the two greats offset their respective years and only cross paths say for 3-6 years, here we have had 14 years and are still running. 

Good point Yehoodi. It's rare to see 2 QB competitors perform at an elite level for over a decade at the same time. Their longevity is quite remarkable my friend. Well said. :thmup:  

The rivalry has been watered down but at it's peak it was some of the best NFL football to have ever been played.

Agreed, before Brady and Manning missed seasons we had 5 great seasons between 2003-2007.   And even from 2008 to 2014 we had some great games, 2009, 2013 and 2014 were great games with the last two having playoff implications.