Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Supes' Mock

Gonna be kind of a mix of projection and opinion. For instance, anyone I don't think the Colts would draft for whatever reason -- character, fit, style, etc. -- I'm not putting them in my mock. Marcus Peters would be a good pick and fit, but I don't think he's on the Colts board. I'm also not doing any trading.

This winds up being very heavy on defense, but that's not really by design. 

1/29 -- Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida St

Powerful run stopper with anchor ability, he can play on day one as part of a rotation. He's not that great of a pass rusher, but he has some twitch to him, and would eventually be our best DL. (Dustin's write-up: http://forums.colts.com/topic/37049-scouting-profile-eddie-goldman-dt-fsu/)

2/61 -- Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson

Very athletic, good size, instinctive playmaker, good range. Needs work on technique when engaged with blockers, and while he has good awareness in coverage, he bites hard on play action. Coach 'em up, and he can be the 3-4 inside thumper with coverage ability that we all wish for.

3/93 -- Derron Smith, S, Fresno St

Smaller than ideal, but good coverage ability up top and on slot receivers, he's physical, he's willing and able to tackle, and he has good (great?) ball skills. With a great camp he can win the starting job, or at worst, he's a 3rd safety / 6th DB. 

4/128 -- Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado St

Future RT with good movement, lacking in strength and power, but could start right away due to his ability to mirror and understanding of hand placement. He's inconsistent, but he can pass protect and is a willing run blocker who will look to get to the second level. Needs a year in the strength program.

5/165 -- Derrick Lott, DT, Chattanooga

Prototype 5-tech body with good workout numbers. He can rush the passer with good hands and quick feet, and he has the knowledge and strength to defend the run. Kind of maxed out, and at 25 he's older than ideal, but he's pro ready.

6/205 -- Damian Swann, CB, Georgia

Long and fast corner, has some technique issues that require coaching, but he has good ball skills and is a special teams contributor.

6/207 -- Nick Marshall, CB, Auburn

Developmental prospect at DB who has good size, speed and awareness, and possesses good footwork for the position. Changing from QB.

7/244 -- Malcolm Agnew, RB, Southern Illinois

Good speed and explosiveness through the hole, good change ability (speed and direction), he can run hard and finish despite his size, and displays toughness and grittiness. He's been robbed of opportunity due to some injuries, but nothing serious, so the actual result is that it's reduced his mileage.

7/255 -- Deontay Greenberry, WR, Houston

Good size and speed, and uses them to make some big plays, but is inconsistent and lacks technical refinement. Played slot and outside, not very physical and not a great route runner, but has the tools and the frame to put on size and handle more physical defenders. 

Oh how I hope your first two selections make it down to us.  Scouts has them ranked as #23 and #51 on their Grading Board.  Smith is ranked #105, so he should make it to us in the 3rd, that's ok too. Hoping Sambrailo is there in the 4th. Lott should be there in the 5th.  I haven't looked up the later round guys, but I trust your discernment.  But I'll look into them more later just for knowledge sake.  Nice little mock that while I feel may be a tad optimistic in spots, has a realistic chance of coming to pass.

Surprised you decided to take a RB so low given the depth this year. Otherwise, a very nice mock. This is exactly the type of draft Grigson needs to have.

I've grown a lot more fond of Goldman over Phillips.

There are a lot of good backs in the earlier rounds, and I'd like to have one. But I just didn't see the board that way.

Oh how I hope your first two selections make it down to us.  Scouts has them ranked as #23 and #51 on their Grading Board.  Smith is ranked #105, so he should make it to us in the 3rd, that's ok too. Hoping Sambrailo is there in the 4th. Lott should be there in the 5th.  I haven't looked up the later round guys, but I trust your discernment.  But I'll look into them more later just for knowledge sake.  Nice little mock that while I feel may be a tad optimistic in spots, has a realistic chance of coming to pass.

CBS has Goldman at 33. I've seen him mocked in that range and a little lower recently.

Anthony is basically anywhere from 50-75. We'll just have to see, but I think the bottom range makes more sense. I think a lot of backs and WRs go in the second round, which should push other players down. 

Sambrailo is probably my least favorite pick. If that wound up being another player I'd be okay.

Gonna be kind of a mix of projection and opinion. For instance, anyone I don't think the Colts would draft for whatever reason -- character, fit, style, etc. -- I'm not putting them in my mock. Marcus Peters would be a good pick and fit, but I don't think he's on the Colts board. I'm also not doing any trading.

Powerful run stopper with anchor ability, he can play on day one as part of a rotation. He's not that great of a pass rusher, but he has some twitch to him, and would eventually be our best DL. (Dustin's write-up: http://forums.colts.com/topic/37049-scouting-profile-eddie-goldman-dt-fsu/)

Very athletic, good size, instinctive playmaker, good range. Needs work on technique when engaged with blockers, and while he has good awareness in coverage, he bites hard on play action. Coach 'em up, and he can be the 3-4 inside thumper with coverage ability that we all wish for.

Smaller than ideal, but good coverage ability up top and on slot receivers, he's physical, he's willing and able to tackle, and he has good (great?) ball skills. With a great camp he can win the starting job, or at worst, he's a 3rd safety / 6th DB. 

Future RT with good movement, lacking in strength and power, but could start right away due to his ability to mirror and understanding of hand placement. He's inconsistent, but he can pass protect and is a willing run blocker who will look to get to the second level. Needs a year in the strength program.

Prototype 5-tech body with good workout numbers. He can rush the passer with good hands and quick feet, and he has the knowledge and strength to defend the run. Kind of maxed out, and at 25 he's older than ideal, but he's pro ready.

Long and fast corner, has some technique issues that require coaching, but he has good ball skills and is a special teams contributor.

Good speed and explosiveness through the hole, good change ability (speed and direction), he can run hard and finish despite his size, and displays toughness and grittiness. He's been robbed of opportunity due to some injuries, but nothing serious, so the actual result is that it's reduced his mileage.

Good size and speed, and uses them to make some big plays, but is inconsistent and lacks technical refinement. Played slot and outside, not very physical and not a great route runner, but has the tools and the frame to put on size and handle more physical defenders. 

HEY!!

You shorted the Colts a pick!     You forgot pick 207,  the pick we got from Seattle for the CB we traded them before the start of the year!

You owe us a pick!

Speak now and tell us who the player will be!

Otherwise,  your fate will be worse than those who die a terrible death on Game of Thrones!  

(And those poor folks die badly!)

HEY!!

You shorted the Colts a pick!     You forgot pick 207,  the pick we got from Seattle for the CB we traded them before the start of the year!

You owe us a pick!

Speak now and tell us who the player will be!

Otherwise,  your fate will be worse than those who die a terrible death on Game of Thrones!  

(And those poor folks die badly!)

Good catch. I had a feeling I was missing something.

Added Nick Marshall. I should go back and make some changes at the end, but it's not that serious. If I do another mock I'll be sure to give us credit for all our picks.

Good catch. I had a feeling I was missing something.

Added Nick Marshall. I should go back and make some changes at the end, but it's not that serious. If I do another mock I'll be sure to give us credit for all our picks.

Good call....      I added Marshall too to my 6th round as a possible candidate.

I think he feels like a Grigson/Pagano type pick to me.

Developmental prospect at DB who has good size, speed and awareness, and possesses good footwork for the position. Changing from QB.

Superman, you did an excellent job here. I've literally drafted the first four picks in that exact order on First-Pick and I really like it. All great fits for our team. The one that stands out for me is Stephone Anthony. I would actually take him in the first I'm so high on him. He is the perfect fit for our defense and I believe would impress enough in training camp to become an immediate starter. Derron Smith is awesome as well and severely underrated. You filled our needs well while getting reasonable value. Would be very happy with this draft.

CBS has Goldman at 33. I've seen him mocked in that range and a little lower recently.

Anthony is basically anywhere from 50-75. We'll just have to see, but I think the bottom range makes more sense. I think a lot of backs and WRs go in the second round, which should push other players down. 

Sambrailo is probably my least favorite pick. If that wound up being another player I'd be okay.

One thing about Colorado State Linemen is they are extremely well coached.  Maybe Sambrallo is this year's Ulrick John....

I like it overall, Not a fan of the Nick Marshall pick, Rather get a Corner with more experience then 13 games and more production

I like Sambrailos potential do to his movement skills, His hand placement and arm extension needs to be a lot more consistent and he seems to lack power to jolt defenders with his hands

I cant find any tape on Agnew, Just info

Don`t expect Anthony to be available there so fill in a CB.

No on Sambrailo, maybe Lott there as he looks promising and fits a need.

Superman, you did an excellent job here. I've literally drafted the first four picks in that exact order on First-Pick and I really like it. All great fits for our team. The one that stands out for me is Stephone Anthony. I would actually take him in the first I'm so high on him. He is the perfect fit for our defense and I believe would impress enough in training camp to become an immediate starter. Derron Smith is awesome as well and severely underrated. You filled our needs well while getting reasonable value. Would be very happy with this draft.

If Jackson weren't on a guaranteed contract, I would think Anthony could take his spot right away. 

Nice Mock.  Not crazy about the round 3 and 4 picks but the rest are really good.  I like Lott and Agnew and where you drafted them.  Frankly, I've never heard of the CBs, but I like that you've addressed the lack of CB depth on the team by drafting two here.

How about Daryl Williams from Oklahoma instead of Sambrailo? 

Nice Mock.  Not crazy about the round 3 and 4 picks but the rest are really good.  I like Lott and Agnew and where you drafted them.  Frankly, I've never heard of the CBs, but I like that you've addressed the lack of CB depth on the team by drafting two here.

How about Daryl Williams from Oklahoma instead of Sambrailo? 

Williams is pretty much the opposite of Sambrailo. Big and strong and physical, and a heck of a run blocker, but his athleticism is really lacking. He lumbers along in his kick step, like he's trying to balance on a conveyor belt. He really needs to play guard in the NFL. If you combined him and Sambrailo, you'd have a serious player on your hands. 

I don't know why you don't like Derron Smith. The only knock on him is his height, IMO.