Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Theoretical Trade up Situation Question

Gonna do a "Who would you pick?" but with a little spin on it. Let's say we jump from 29 to 15. By trading with the 49ers. We'd swap our 1st (29), 2nd (61) and a future 4th (130ish) for the 9ers 1st (15), they'd be interested in trading down because they historically draft well as a franchise and have tons of holes to fill after an atrocious off season so accumulating more picks would be good.

So my question to you is: Who would you pick at pick 14? Given these players available:

Randy Gregory, Edge, Nebraska

Danny Shelton, NT, Washinton

Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia

Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

La'el Collins, OT, LSU

Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

DJ Humphries OT, Florida

Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami

Landon Collins, S, Alabama

Cameron Erving, C, FSU

Marcus Peters, CB, Washington

Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forset

Eddie Goldman, NT, FSU

Arik Armstead, DT, Oregon

Who would you pick, have a couple favorites? List them!

For me it's 

1. Danny Shelton

2. Randy Gregory

3. Landon Collins

4. Marcus Peters

5. La'el Collins

It's not worth moving up for any of those guys (including Shelton). 

Then who is it worth to move up for? What would you give up to move there?

Malcom Brown

I feel like more than half of those players would be available at 29. 

The only two I could honestly see being there at 29 are Flowers, and Goldman. Maybe Gordon, but theres been lots of buzz around him lately.

It's not worth moving up for any of those guys (including Shelton). 

Then who is it worth to move up for? What would you give up to move there?

The only two I could honestly see being there at 29 are Flowers, and Goldman. Maybe Gordon, but theres been lots of buzz around him lately.

Completely agree with reality MTC, what do you have to have, Leonard Williams and have him drop to 14? Personally I think Shelton is better than Leonard Williams and the second best player in this class behind Dante Fowler Jr. I'd trade up for him in an instant. Also La'el Collins is a top 5 talent that can play RT and RG and easily the best O-Lineman in the draft, I'd happily trade up for him. The rest aren't worth it. Malcom Brown I like, but I wouldn't trade up to get him. Collins the same, and Eric Kendricks may actually reach us at 29.

I would consider trading up for Danny Shelton, but I would not include the 4th rounder. Regardless of the trade value chart, I would not give up an extra pick to move up for a DT.

Danny Shelton would be a NT for us, and he would be a Vince Wilfork guy that plugs up the middle. A 4th rounder isn't that much considering you get an elite player like Shelton. If you know you are getting him, you take the elite player and trade the mid round pick in a second, even if it is a 1st, 2nd and 4th. They are all low picks in those rounds, and Shelton is a top guy.

1.Eric Kendricks

2.Danny Shelton

3.Malcom Brown

I like Kendricks as well, but he isn't in Shelton's league. Nor will he go as high as him, so the need to trade up for him is much less. You don't need to spend a 1st, 2nd, and 4th to get Kendricks. You will have to for Shelton and he is worth it. Brown you could go either way with.

I'd move up for someone like Bud Dupree but with how his stock is rising i think the price would be too much

on that list maybe Landon Collins or if we're really intent on OL  La'el Collins or maybe Shelton but if these are the only options then i'd be more for trading down than up

Gonna do a "Who would you pick?" but with a little spin on it. Let's say we jump from 29 to 15. By trading with the 49ers. We'd swap our 1st (29), 2nd (61) and a future 4th (130ish) for the 9ers 1st (15), they'd be interested in trading down because they historically draft well as a franchise and have tons of holes to fill after an atrocious off season so accumulating more picks would be good.

So my question to you is: Who would you pick at pick 14? Given these players available:

Randy Gregory, Edge, Nebraska

Danny Shelton, NT, Washinton

Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia

Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

La'el Collins, OT, LSU

Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

DJ Humphries OT, Florida

Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami

Landon Collins, S, Alabama

Cameron Erving, C, FSU

Marcus Peters, CB, Washington

Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forset

Eddie Goldman, NT, FSU

Arik Armstead, DT, Oregon

Who would you pick, have a couple favorites? List them!

For me it's 

1. Danny Shelton

2. Randy Gregory

3. Landon Collins

4. Marcus Peters

5. La'el Collins

Malcom Brown hands down.  Wouldn't even sweat it afterwards.

Shelton would be a close 2nd.  Really no one else I'd consider trading up for save maybe Kendricks but I think he would be there when we draft.