Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Merry Christmas! Yay! Colts Pulled It Out!

mightisright

LIke I said you can't give me any reason. It's ok it's what I expected.

Dont really understand what other explanation you want, we are fans of the Indianapolis Colts, a team that has had a losing record all season, and are now happy to see them pull off wins. People always asked what a "true fan" is..I think we are all clear that you are the true definition of a "fake fan". Cant even say you are a real fan with this cry baby act your putting on. Upset because we won! Are you even serious?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, a win is nice. Great.

We'll probably have Caldwell next season, Polian isn't going anywhere, and the long term future of the franchise just had a massive lump of excrement dumped upon it.

Winning now is fine. Winning - for a while - is the way to do it.

Polian: Going for 16-0 is meaningless.

3-13? Go and get it!

Fantastic. Irsay apparently shares this mindset - because Team Nepotism will be here for years to come.

On a team as poor as ours - Luck gave us a chance. Not a guarantee, but a chance to be decent post Manning. Once he's gone, get ready for the dark ages.

Logic why I want to see my team win? Seriously? I need to provide logic for that? As a fan, isn't that generally what you want to see your team do? Isn't that kind of the whole point of sports? What good does it do to win any game other than make me (or us) feel all warm and fuzzy inside? What good did winning the Super Bowl do except make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside? It's not like any game, win or lose, has any impact on things that are actually important.

Well in my mind a win is the #1 pick, so do you really want your team to "win" or not? This season is a huge LOSS if we miss out on that pick because we decided to go on a 3 game win streak after going 0-13.

Dont really understand what other explanation you want, we are fans of the Indianapolis Colts, a team that has had a losing record all season, and are now happy to see them pull off wins. People always asked what a "true fan" is..I think we are all clear that you are the true definition of a "fake fan". Cant even say you are a real fan with this cry baby act your putting on. Upset because we won! Are you even serious?

you disgust me, so many fake fans around here, not wanting what is bet for the TEAM, so selfish.

We have a logical reason to lose, I want to hear the logical reason to win, there must be one no?

Thats the point you're missing my "logical" (Vulcan perhaps?) friend. Your "Mr Spock" purview of the sporting world is flawed like a robot trying to enjoy comedy.

Logic has no place in football. Its about strategy, athleticism, smarts and execution. 250 pound men that can run a 4.4/40 slamming into each other with great violence. Football is not about logic. If nerd-boy fans wanna promote logic and its application to a franchises future by way of manipulating losses, go for it bro....be a nerd-boy fan.

I feel good tonight. Not for any other reason other than my Colts won. I feel sorry for people like you that cannot just enjoy a win because of your "logic".....lol... logic....really? You talkin bout logic?

Well in my mind a win is the #1 pick, so do you really want your team to "win" or not? This season is a huge LOSS if we miss out on that pick because we decided to go on a 3 game win streak after going 0-13.

Well in your mind your wrong, you think the 49s had a "Win" when they got Alex smith in the 1st round pick. When 24 picks later Aaron Rogers got picked up, Which is clearly the best qb in that draft class.

Having the number 1 pick isnt always winning...Look at the term BUST, there are many first round overall number 1 picks that are considered bust..

Caring about a sports team and the insignificant accomplishments of people that you do not know and will likely never meet is not logical. There is nothing logical about being a fan of a sports team.

Indeed...that is why "fan" is short for fanatic. Being a fan is not logical at all. :)

Well in your mind your wrong, you think the 49s had a "Win" when they got Alex smith in the 1st round pick. When 24 picks later Aaron Rogers got picked up, Which is clearly the best qb in that draft class.

Having the number 1 pick isnt always winning...Look at the term BUST, there are many first round overall number 1 picks that are considered bust..

Yea and look at Peyton Manning.... #1 pick.... oh.... forgot about that? I don't care what we do with the pick whether it be draft luck, Ryan leaf or Joe schmo who never pans out. the #1 pick gives us the most options and the best chance to have a great draft.

I feel good tonight. Not for any other reason other than my Colts won...

Me too. I feel good because I got to see my team on TV (rare) and I got to see them win in a nail-biter. I got to see Peyton smile and I was excited and yelling positively for my team (also rare this year). :cheer:

Watching the game, I thought I saw Texans lose the game, not Colts winning the game. The difference is the Colts cannot play the game any better, but the Texans, I saw bad discipline and bad play calling which ended up costing them the game.

I disagree. They had some penalties, sure but if they hadn't committed those we would have made more plays. Texans were playing to win just as we were. I think the Colts have been playing way better defense the olast few games!

Yea and look at Payton Manning.... #1 pick.... oh.... forgot about that? I don't care what we do with the pick whether it be draft luck, Ryan leaf or Joe schmo who never pans out. the #1 pick gives us the most options and the best chance to have a great draft.

Its Peyton...and the 2nd or 3rd round just has so many less options? what 2 different players?

Caring about a sports team and the insignificant accomplishments of people that you do not know and will likely never meet is not logical. There is nothing logical about being a fan of a sports team.

+1 million

Very well said. Whats the logic behind me being upset because 53 millionaires couldn't play a game well? Not logical at all but it is what it is.

Oh.....and for our resident Spock over there (SlientHill)

129077341333961116.jpg

Cant you just be happy that we won? And didnt get sweeped by the texans? Who cares about the draft. Lets worry about that in april

Can't you just be sad that we won? Who cares if we get swept in a meaningless game in a meaningless season by the Texans? The draft is our best bet to fix the problems this team has.

Can't you just be sad that we won? Who cares if we get swept in a meaningless game in a meaningless season by the Texans? The draft is our best bet to fix the problems this team has.

Ya know....we do still have a draft, as well as a good shot at the #1 overall. Can't you just be happy there Mr Grinch.

This teams problems are because of PM being out, and the defense being on the field alot longer overall this season. Guess who will come back next season? Guess what problems will go away? The defense showed the can play spirited and with heart.

Our defense has always been horrible on everything except the pass rush.. did you forget about the last 10 years?

Regardless if this game is meaningless, this win has made me very happy, it was good to see the team pull through the win, and to be honest, Id care less if we got the overall number 1 pick, no matter what number we get, we will get a good pick and whoever they are, will contribute more than a qb that will sit under peyton

just my opinion