Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis Says He'll be ready for training camp.

GAColtsFan

Not saying he won't be ready, just saying I'll believe it when I see it. Of course he'll say he'll be ready to get the fans fired up, but only him, family, and his doctors know what's really going on

Sure. I'm with ya. Considering the recent post from zibby43, it just seems that his recovery may be sooner than later. I sure hope so. And, you are 100% correct ... "but only him, family, and his doctors know what's really going on." Judging from his statement of late, [Mathis] though, it sure makes one "feel" better about his return. :)

I am in the wait and see mode. He is the highest paid player on the roster. With a $7,750,000. cap hit he will have to really have a big comeback. That's a huge number for any player especially under the injury circumstance. I wouldn't want to be in Grigson's shoes if he has to make the call to cut him and take the $3,750,000. dead cap hit. That's one side so let's all hope he can be productive this season and avoid that.

Thanks for the update and the insight.We all hope he can come back and perform at a high level.

Nice work sir. Thanks.

Thank you gentlemen.  My pleasure!  I hope it was encouraging as there is a lot to be encouraged about (re: Robert's situation/recovery).  

Team orthopedic surgeons aren't always the ones wielding the scalpel when it comes to player surgeries.  For example, despite the fact that every MLB club has a full staff/team of competent orthopedic doctors, pitchers needing ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) reconstruction frequently turn to Dr. James Andrews for "Tommy John" surgeries, as he is regarded as the TJ "guru." 

That said, team doctors are on the front lines when it comes to treating acute injuries.  I can say without equivocation that the Colts' team doctors are some of the best around.  They truly care about the players and their recoveries.  The team has a wealth of knowledge and experience.  They're bona fide professionals. 

Everyone here can rest assured that Robert will be in very good hands as he continues to rehabilitate and recover from his injury and subsequent surgery. 

I am in the wait and see mode. He is the highest paid player on the roster. With a $7,750,000. cap hit he will have to really have a big comeback. That's a huge number for any player especially under the injury circumstance. I wouldn't want to be in Grigson's shoes if he has to make the call to cut him and take the $3,750,000. dead cap hit. That's one side so let's all hope he can be productive this season and avoid that.

There's no way Robert Mathis is cut this year. I doubt it's even in the back of Grigson's mind.

Thank you gentlemen.  My pleasure!  I hope it was encouraging as there is a lot to be encouraged about (re: Robert's situation/recovery).  

Team orthopedic surgeons aren't always the ones wielding the scalpel when it comes to player surgeries.  For example, despite the fact that every MLB club has a full staff/team of competent orthopedic doctors, pitchers needing ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) reconstruction frequently turn to Dr. James Andrews for "Tommy John" surgeries, as he is regarded as the TJ "guru." 

That said, team doctors are on the front lines when it comes to treating acute injuries.  I can say without equivocation that the Colts' team doctors are some of the best around.  They truly care about the players and their recoveries.  The team has a wealth of knowledge and experience.  They're bona fide professionals. 

Everyone here can rest assured that Robert will be in very good hands as he continues to rehabilitate and recover from his injury and subsequent surgery. 

Dr Andrews is the man when it comes to sports surgery, his former patients list is ridiculous, like a who's who of the sports world. The only other surgeon I can think of that had the same sort of name recognition would be Dr Richard Steadman but he tended to treat soccer football players more than anything else from what I remember.

There's no way Robert Mathis is cut this year. I doubt it's even in the back of Grigson's mind.

I guess you missed I said "IF"? There is a possibility that Mathis will not be the same and that is reality. If he is not the same then his high dollar contract will be an issue.

I guess you missed I said "IF"? There is a possibility that Mathis will not be the same and that is reality. If he is not the same then his high dollar contract will be an issue.

I didn't miss the "IF", thanks. There's a possibility that Mathis isn't the same, sure, but I don't think there's much possibility at all Mathis is cut before the 2016 offseason.

I didn't miss the "IF", thanks. There's a possibility that Mathis isn't the same, sure, but I don't think there's much possibility at all Mathis is cut before the 2016 offseason.

He is signed for the 2016 season so it is a possibility he might be cut if he cant play decent.  So after this season there would be no dead cap money involved. I guess we will all wait and see.

He is signed for the 2016 season so it is a possibility he might be cut if he cant play decent. So after this season there would be no dead cap money involved. I guess we will all wait and see.

Agreed. But, I believe Mathis will come back strong even if it means starting the season on PUP.