Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady plays pick up basketball with MJ

BullsColtsFan1

Well so long as we agree that it's not even close with Jordan.

I don't know about Brees and Rodgers. The fact that they do more commercials and other ads might lead to them being more recognizable. Globally might be a different story.

Yeah, I was just more talking about Brady having more star power right now given he just won the SB and MVP and this kind of went down the path of marketing and influence. It has been a good discussion overall with a lot of good points being made.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was just more talking about Brady having more star power right now given he just won the SB and MVP and this kind of went down the path of marketing and influence. It has been a good discussion overall with a lot of good points being made.

And some bad ones...

b6425d88653647c4edd954e0182338c5.jpg

No comparison. Just more of an acknowledgment that Brady's star is greater right now as SB champion and MVP while Jordan's Hornets are 11 games below .500.

Brady can win another SB but he is not even close to Jordan at any point in his life.

Saying Jordan is using Brady for publicity is laughable.

Jordan is not measured by Hornets. Ask Brady, he will say I was honored to be standing next to him.

This is an interesting discussion SW. When I said Brady's star power is greater than MJ, I was just talking about the present moment given Brady just won the SB and was named MVP whereas Jordan's Hornets are 11 games under .500. For as great as Jordan was a player, he has been equally bad as an owner.

Now in terms of recognition, I would argue that Brady is more recognizable worldwide because of his wife. Gisele has given Brady a profile outside of the US and she has helped tremendously with his marketing specifically overseas with his ads for Uggs and Movado. If you look closely look at Brady's ads he is doing commercials about aspiration versus selling a product. He is selling a lifestyle - his lifestyle and the product is part of that. His recent Uggs commercials with his mom and then with his dad are part of this selling of him, it is almost movie-like in the presentation. And that facet I believe comes direction from Gisele and propels him beyond sneaker ads and McDonald's ads like MJ did into a different stratosphere of recognition and makes his presence more ubiquitous on a global level. He transcends being just a football player, it is almost secondary to him the person and his life. That was not the case with MJ.

That's the point, even in the present moment his star is not even close to MJ. You

Brady can win another SB but he is not even close to Jordan at any point in his life.

Saying Jordan is using Brady for publicity is laughable.

Jordan is not measured by Hornets. Ask Brady, he will say I was honored to be standing next to him.

Never said Jordan was using Brady but I think Jordan was pretty honored to play with him too ... but most of all they were having some fun.

Never said Jordan was using Brady but I think Jordan was pretty honored to play with him too ... but most of all they were having some fun.

AMF, your theory might sell with any other player but we are talking MJ.

This guy at 52 still sells jerseys and shoes better than anyone.

6-0 in NBA finals.

Won college championship

Won Olympic gold

Won MVP

Won scoring title

Won slam dunk

Recently become a billionaire

And he is honored to stand next to Brady??

Do they have a Like to be like Tom, commercial?  Jordan's commercial is back....  in the present...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5Jf_ZU9eA

My son just got a pair of Grey and Lime Green Air Jordan's.  I don't think he knows who Michael Jordan  is? Just he is legend and his shoes are the real deal!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/13/be-like-mike-gatorade_n_6677764.html

If you think Jordan was honored to play with Brady, you have no idea what type of person he is.  

AMF, your theory might sell with any other player but we are talking MJ.

This guy at 52 still sells jerseys and shoes better than anyone.

6-0 in NBA finals.

Won college championship

Won Olympic gold

Won MVP

Won scoring title

Won slam dunk

Recently become a billionaire

And he is honored to stand next to Brady??

So you don't think Jordan was honored at all? He is a pretty humble guy too.

Do they have a Like to be like Tom, commercial?  Jordan's commercial is back....  in the present...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5Jf_ZU9eA

My son just got a pair of Grey and Lime Green Air Jordan's.  I don't think he knows who Michael Jordan  is? Just he is legend and his shoes are the real deal!

Give your son about 15-20 years and when he is gets married and has kids he will be wearing Brady's Uggs for the rest of his life. :)

BTW, the most comfortable shoes bar none are Uggs no matter which ones you get.

Give your son about 15-20 years and when he is gets married and has kids he will be wearing Brady's Uggs for the rest of his life. :)

BTW, the most comfortable shoes bar none are Uggs no matter which ones you get.

Is there a 12-step program for people obsessed with Tom Brady and his wife?