Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players on IR last season updates

TKnight24

Pagano: Vick Ballard is on schedule.

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

March 24, 2015

Pagano's not sure when players who were on IR - Gosder Cherilus, Vick Ballard, Donald Thomas, Hugh Thornton - will return to the field

— Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNFL)

March 24, 2015

So, this is rather odd. I don't expect Vick Ballard to make the 53 this year and I was thinking we'd try to shop Donald Thomas even if it's just for a 5th or less

Anyone else think we should trade Thomas? Maybe even Cherilus imo

:colts:

March 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNFL/status/580378712064983041

So, this is rather odd. I don't expect Vick Ballard to make the 53 this year and I was thinking we'd try to shop Donald Thomas even if it's just for a 5th or less

Not sure I would shop GC

March 24, 2015

Pagano's not sure when players who were on IR - Gosder Cherilus, Vick Ballard, Donald Thomas, Hugh Thornton - will return to the field

March 24, 2015

I doubt either of those players have a huge trade value.

Cherilus would also require us to take on a ton of dead money and I can't stress this enough. . . we don't have a replacement for him at the RT.  Reitz is not a starting quality tackle in this league.  You can maybe say he's a solid guard, but he's a bad tackle.

Cherilus would also require us to take on a ton of dead money and I can't stress this enough. . . we don't have a replacement for him at the RT. Reitz is not a starting quality tackle in this league. You can maybe say he's a solid guard, but he's a bad tackle.

I thought Reitz did well in the playoff run. Didn't he go against Von Muller and Dunlap?

Don't remember either of those guys doing much against us

I thought Reitz did well in the playoff run. Didn't he go against Von Muller and Dunlap?

Don't remember either of those guys doing much against us

He did decent although he did allow some pressures.  I think he also got some help too.

Plus 2 games doesn't determine anything, ever watched him play tackle during the season.  Luck was always running away from his man.

Doesn't mean they make the 53. Just means he's not sure as there status yet. And so far, we've not resigned bradshaw so ballad may stay until that happens. Long off season to go yet

I'm not taking away the great rookie year Ballard had, but 2 non contact injuries have me questioning this man's durability if he even makes it too the the contact part of the deal

March 24, 2015

March 24, 2015

There's no way we get a 5th for Thomas. We don't have trade bait regarding those two. (Cherilus and Thomas)

I'm not taking away the great rookie year Ballard had, but 2 non contact injuries have me questioning this man's durability if he even makes it too the the contact part of the deal

I agree but I also look at the fact we have less than 70 players signed, we have to have 90 coming up so this may just be something we are waiting and seeing until we need to make cuts...in July

He did decent although he did allow some pressures. I think he also got some help too.

Plus 2 games doesn't determine anything, ever watched him play tackle during the season. Luck was always running away from his man.

I really want Cameron Irving with the 29th pick. And then come back in the 2nd a get a RT or G/T hybrid

Pagano isn't sold on either Harrison or Holmes as our starting C (coming up in a thread shortly) so it wouldn't hurt to let Irving come in and compete for the C job as well considering he'll probably beat them both out

Cherilus would also require us to take on a ton of dead money and I can't stress this enough. . . we don't have a replacement for him at the RT.  Reitz is not a starting quality tackle in this league.  You can maybe say he's a solid guard, but he's a bad tackle.

No, he is not a BAD tackle.  He handled the job well.  I think we should utilize him at LG and send Mewhort to the right.  Lets see about the draft, Herrimans, and Ben Heenan.  I think we have some good depth now....Heenan may be the hidden gem.  Kid is nasty on the field.

Ballard had a decent rookie year, considering the line we had.  But he averaged less than 4 ypc and scored 2 TDs on the ground.  He was a decent blocker and caught the ball pretty well, but it's not like he wasn't easily replaceable by Boom. 

Yes, his durability is definitely a question mark.

As far as Thomas, I doubt we could get anything in a trade.  I'm hoping he's healthy and can help us.  We played so many different O linemen last year, quality depth is a good thing.

March 24, 2015

March 24, 2015

I am sorry but as much time as you spend on this baord and presumably following the NFL you would think to know better.  But apparently not.  No team would give a bucket of sand for Donald Thomas, let alone a 5th round draft pick.  None.  Zero.  Squadoosh.  Or Cherilus for that matter. 

I really want Cameron Irving with the 29th pick. And then come back in the 2nd a get a RT or G/T hybrid

Pagano isn't sold on either Harrison or Holmes as our starting C (coming up in a thread shortly) so it wouldn't hurt to let Irving come in and compete for the C job as well considering he'll probably beat them both out

Where's the commitment to build a defense that can go deep in the playoffs?

Where's the commitment to build a defense that can go deep in the playoffs?

I'm expecting a defense heavy draft aside from the 1st round. I just want Irving lol

Personally I wouldn't mind building the front 7 of the defense this draft then taking CB's and Safeties in the UDFA section and let Dewey & Mike be our starting safeties next season