Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

does a TE distinguish himself this year?/ Consistency

II COLD

Sign me up, I can make that catch (though I would probably have been at about the 3 yard line when Coby was making the catch).

Seriously, though, that's a catch most NFL level receivers will make now and then.

I like Fleener, don't get me wrong.

You honestly think most NFL receivers can make that one handed catch on the nose of the football every now and then?.... I'll have whatever it is you're smoking buddy...

Yeah it's from his college days but anyone capable of making a catch like that is someone I want on my team. 

Maybe a car metaphor will work better. Fleener is like the fast, exotic sports car that drives great...when it starts, which is half the time. Whereas, Allen is the muscle car--not quite as fast or sleek, but still fast enough and way more dependable. Maybe that's not the best comparison, but you get my point. Yes, Fleener has some great catches. But he also, almost predictably, has some great drops...far too often.

Edit: All that said, I'd still want him on the team. And I still think he can get better.

All this talk about all of our offensive weapons but we really have a bunch of unproven talent and inconsistency. Especially at the TE position. Does anyone think Fleener or Allen or even Swoope finally shows the consistency that we need over the middle? For that matter will Hilton, Moncrief and Johnson be able to remove us from the top of the most drops list?

Of course, as the NE game clearly Reminded us, it is a QB problem

Andrew just isn`t good throwing quick passes to the numbers. After 3 seasons!!

Andre Johnson will force him to work on/fix this obvious weakness in his game.

What was Fleeners drop rate in 2014? It was a Very Paltry 2.9% in 2013. Reggie was 6.9% that year.

Am I missing something on Swoope? Hasn't even been learning football for a full year yet

As a 4th TE, give me a guy with upside any day.  I believe it was Pagano who referred to him as "off the charts", so hopefully that projects into making the 53 man roster this year.

The most important TE on this roster RIGHT NOW is Allen..  because he blocks.

Fleener is really close to being VERY GOOD.. but he cannot continue to drop the bunnies he does.    He just can't.   IF he want's the big bucks. 

And Allen's issue is health...      and he had the droppsies late last season???  

Both these guys are good, potentially..     REALLY GOOD...   but it's going on year 4..   time to make it happen.

Put it all together and look out..    But they are just guys currently playing with a STUD WR and a STUD QB..     Which one wants to be the STUD TE?

Fleener was an 800yd TE last year. That's pretty consistent if you ask me. Where's this list? I'd like to see it.

All this talk about all of our offensive weapons but we really have a bunch of unproven talent and inconsistency. Especially at the TE position. Does anyone think Fleener or Allen or even Swoope finally shows the consistency that we need over the middle? For that matter will Hilton, Moncrief and Johnson be able to remove us from the top of the most drops list?

Fleener and Allen are proven

Drop lists are subjective..we're set at tight end and I have no complaints..

..we have areas of concern but tight end isn't one of them

i like our Te i love allen he has major heart you can see it when he plays and he already a team leader, fleener plays i dont wanna call it scared but he drops to many balls that he should catch if allen had fleener health oohh man he be so dangerous monster in the redzone and i had him in fantasy only scores td lol

TY had more drops than Fleener. Fleener had very few drops last season and did make some great catches.

Our TE production is the least of our worries on offense with Allen, Fleener and Doyle

on the roster. With the receiver roster looking pretty solid also, the O line and running

game is my only concern on that side of the ball.

Exactly. Right on the money. Heck, even the O-line is "better" with addition of Herremans. OLB, S, DT are the draft prospects for the Colts IMO. More moves to come as well before the season starts. Just to reiterate, TE is pretty well wrapped up with Allen & Fleener.

Guy covering him or no, that was an amazing catch.

Yeah....  but the same is true of about 98% of all catches -- great or not.

Most college kids don't sniff the NFL.     It is what it is.....     :dunno:

He's not catching that if there is more physical coverage.

Why not? Unless it's pass interference there should be no contact on him before the ball gets there he catches and secures that thing instantly...

Are you serious? The corner/safety is allowed to attack the ball, and he is allowed to not be knocked out of his space. Fleener makes him look like a rag doll.

That doesn't happen in the NFL.