Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dustin's Mock FA/Draft 2/28/15

Im not saying he's a scrub, Im saying that I dont see anything that would suggest he's a superior option in comparison to his peers in a "deep rb class" Gordon and Gurley however are. Picking Abdullah in rd 2 would be a reach.

Again, that only makes sense when comparing him to guys who are going to go later. Saying "Abdullah isn't much better than Artis-Payne (a late round guy)" illustrates the point you are trying to make much better than comparing him to a guy who's going to go within a few spots of Abdullah (Duke)

I'ts like saying "I'd pass of Jamies Winston in the first round, he's not much better than Marcus Mariota anyway" 

Again, that only makes sense when comparing him to guys who are going to go later. Saying "Abdullah isn't much better than Artis-Payne (a late round guy)" illustrates the point you are trying to make much better than comparing him to a guy who's going to go within a few spots of Abdullah (Duke)

I'ts like saying "I'd pass of Jamies Winston in the first round, he's not much better than Marcus Mariota anyway" 

My comparison isnt between Abdullah and Duke. Im saying that I dont think Abdullah or Duke for that matter is that much better than Herron so I dont think we should spend such a high pick on someone who isnt better than what we already have. If we are going to get someone comparable to Herron, which they are IMO, then we can wait til later. If we want an upgrade go for Gordon in the 1st.

Winston will have a far better career than Mariota IMO.

My comparison isnt between Abdullah and Duke. Im saying that I dont think Abdullah or Duke for that matter is that much better than Herron so I dont think we should spend such a high pick on someone who isnt better than what we already have. If we are going to get someone comparable to Herron, which they are IMO, then we can wait til later. If we want an upgrade go for Gordon in the 1st.

Winston will have a far better career than Mariota IMO.

Duke and Abdullah are both better then Herron by a good amount

I think Sergio Brown will want more and be offered more.

Not a fan of the Spikes signing he can't really cover, if we are going to get him why not cut DJax.

Overton will get more.

I like rolling the dice on Thomas on a minimum contract.

Like Brandon Marshall especially if we can get him for that contract.

Don't like RB in 2nd especially if we are going WR in 3rd.

I think we need to do more to the trenches.

If Sergio wants more than he can walk. He's not even good, he was just always a better option than Landry.

I agree about the trenches.

If Sergio wants more than he can walk. He's not even good, he was just always a better option than Landry.

I agree about the trenches.

I really don't get people complaining about the Sergio contract. Is there anyone who honestly thinks that anyone aside from the Colts would pay him more than $1M? I don't see it. 

Duke and Abdullah are both better then Herron by a good amount

Not enough to burn a 2nd on them and I love Duke (Go Canes) Trust me, im far from Herron's #1 fan. He's grown on me besides his fumbling. His production, along with injuries of course, makes AB expendable and that says a lot considering how we love AB around here.

Not enough to burn a 2nd on them and I love Duke (Go Canes) Trust me, im far from Herron's #1 fan. He's grown on me besides his fumbling. His production, along with injuries of course, makes AB expendable and that says a lot considering how we love AB around here.

Abdullah is a known fumbeler. 23 in his collage carrer, but just 4 last season. (same as coleman)

This is strong. I was thinking similarly for my next mock. Biggest difference is getting rid of Cherilus, and adding another tackle for depth. Like others, I don't think Brown and Reitz would stay on those deals. I think that's actually a pay cut for both of them.

The other thing is I don't like Spikes. I'd rather keep Freeman at the same-ish price. I really think the coverage at ILB is a bigger issue than run support at ILB. I think upgrading the DL is more to the point.

I still think Jordan Phillips is a reach at #29, but he would be a strong get for us.

8/10

I mean, Butler is making that much now, has he really done anything since that last contract to prove he's worth more than that? 

Well he played one season before the last contract and has played consistently through his contract. I'd say he makes 5-6 million.

I'm just saying they are better then Herron. You said they wernt much better when they actually are. I also don't wanna spend a 2nd on a back either but I do think they are both better then what we got.

I appreciate the work you put in on this Dustin....but I have two concerns.

1. How do we keep all our draft picks when it'll require a trade to land Brandon Marshall?

Do we ship a 2016 pick to the Bears or does this assume the Bears just release him.....because he's not a free agent, right?

2.This scenario doesn't address the O-line well enough, IMO.

I'd rather we quit screwing around and pursue Franklin or Iupati at OG, maybe Joe Barksdale at RT, and move on from the styrofoam Thomas and Cherilus immediately.

This is strong. I was thinking similarly for my next mock. Biggest difference is getting rid of Cherilus, and adding another tackle for depth. Like others, I don't think Brown and Reitz would stay on those deals. I think that's actually a pay cut for both of them.

The other thing is I don't like Spikes. I'd rather keep Freeman at the same-ish price. I really think the coverage at ILB is a bigger issue than run support at ILB. I think upgrading the DL is more to the point.

I still think Jordan Phillips is a reach at #29, but he would be a strong get for us.

8/10

You really can't say "reach" in this draft if you're talking about the first 2 rounds, especially if you're talking defense. This is one of the weaker draft classes over the last couple of years that doesn't have many blue chip prospects. Outside of maybe like 10 guys, everyone else is really a fringe 1st or 2nd round pick. Jordan Phillips, Carl Davis, Eddie Goldman, Kendricks, etc..are all viable picks and couldn't be considered reaches.

Especially where we pick at in the draft. 29 is basically a high second round pick anyways. The only real reach would be a RB.

8/10

I don't have us taking Jordan Phillips. Did you mean Clemmings? 

Well he played one season before the last contract and has played consistently through his contract. I'd say he makes 5-6 million.

Yeah, let's just say I disagree. I don't think he gets more than we currently makes on the FA market. 

No I was thinking out loud. Comparing your mock with some of my ideas.

Can Clemmings start this year at RT?

Wouldn't be ideal imo. He'd be better than Cherilus was last year, but I don't think that's saying much. He needs at least a year.