Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 Pats Fans Opinion Of Bob Kravitz

Ant Ave

Like most Pats followers - it's not a stretch to say I am NOT a big fan of Bob Kravitz (disclosure - Im also not a spellcheck fan - so be warned ...I'm a habitual word mangler )

My guess is u Indy fans have ZERO idea what it's been like to be a Patriots fan over the last 7 years ...I don't believe there's been anything close to the very real Us Against The World roller coaster ride that we have been living with since an overzealous new commish over-reacted to a video camera PLACEMENT .

Can you imagine if the Colts were docked their 1st rounder n labled cheats NOT for breaking a rule (still not illegal to video tape your opponent ) but for disregarding a Commish directive ( Dont pump in fake crowd noise ...its impolite )

My admittedly uber biased take on Kravitz's part in this fiasco is as follows :

1) He was a willing pawn .

2) He tried to keep it professional but when his Twitter feed got projectile vomitted on from the East ( to be expected ) he lashed back by calling for radical means ( Hang BB )Instead of keeping to the high road (easier said than done ).

After his me me mea culpa I went back n re-read his twitter time-line n its clear that instead of just cleaning the garbage off his suit n loafers , he instead gathered it into a neat lil ball , stuffed it into a word processor shaped cannon n fired it back with all the defiance he could muster.

Why did he lose his cool ?

No doubt he was tired of getting slammed from BOTH sides ( Indy fans were slamming him for predicting a Pats victory n then Pats fans were hammering him just for being the messenger )

Luckily - he's cooled off (if u read his real time SB tweets u might think he covered the Pats )

I understand perfectly well why it went down the way it did for Kravitz . Hopefully he continues taking the path toward the high road...hopefully EVERYONE does.

Like most Pats followers - it's not a stretch to say I am NOT a big fan of Bob Kravitz (disclosure - Im also not a spellcheck fan - so be warned ...I'm a habitual word mangler )

My guess is u Indy fans have ZERO idea what it's been like to be a Patriots fan over the last 7 years ...I don't believe there's been anything close to the very real Us Against The World roller coaster ride that we have been living with since an overzealous new commish over-reacted to a video camera PLACEMENT .

Can you imagine if the Colts were docked their 1st rounder n labled cheats NOT for breaking a rule (still not illegal to video tape your opponent ) but for disregarding a Commish directive ( Dont pump in fake crowd noise ...its impolite )

2) He tried to keep it professional but when his Twitter feed got projectile vomitted on from the East ( to be expected ) he lashed back by calling for radical means ( Hang BB )Instead of keeping to the high road (easier said than done ).

After his me me mea culpa I went back n re-read his twitter time-line n its clear that instead of just cleaning the garbage off his suit n loafers , he instead gathered it into a neat lil ball , stuffed it into a word processor shaped cannon n fired it back with all the defiance he could muster.

No doubt he was tired of getting slammed from BOTH sides ( Indy fans were slamming him for predicting a Pats victory n then Pats fans were hammering him just for being the messenger )

Luckily - he's cooled off (if u read his real time SB tweets u might think he covered the Pats )

I understand perfectly well why it went down the way it did for Kravitz . Hopefully he continues taking the path toward the high road...hopefully EVERYONE does.

I don't know what world you pats fans live in but in mine spying on the team your playing practices is Illegal in any sport. Also is deflating the footballs.

Like most Colt followers- it's not a stretch to say I am NOT a big fan of the Patriots. Not to be rude but I couldn't care less about your opinion.

...and yet u somehow accidentally clicked on thread titled "1 Pats fans opinion" ?

For what its worth - if I wasnt born in Mass Id hate th Pats too ...just like I hated th Dolphins n Steelers in th 70's ...49ers n Cowboys in th 80's n 90's ... Colts in th 00's .

Sports NEED a villain / top dog to knock down a peg or two ... n Belichick plays th part like Meryl F'in Streep on 'roids .

...and yet u somehow accidentally clicked on thread titled "1 Pats fans opinion" ?

For what its worth - if I wasnt born in Mass Id hate th Pats too ...just like I hated th Dolphins n Steelers in th 70's ...49ers n Cowboys in th 80's n 90's ... Colts in th 00's .

Sports NEED a villain / top dog to knock down a peg or two ... n Belichick plays th part like Meryl F'in Streep on 'roids .

Did you start a new identity just to come into the Colts forum to aggravate or was you a past poster who got kicked?

I don't know why some Pats fans think the world is against them. I just don't think some Pats fans notice all the subtleties weighing in favor of them. The Commissioner is best friends with your owner. The NFL talks about you guys CONSTANTLY. On nfl.com, you have Rodney Harrison, Heath Miller, AND Willie McGinist supporting you guys. There's a banner of Tom Brady behind the main set of nfl.com that's been up there for years that's conveniently placed behind the analyst so you always see Brady's grinning face when they zoom in on an analyst. The Pats are almost always #1-3 in the rankings.

What more do you guys want, exactly? I keep seeing Pats fans preach harsh treatment, but I'm not seeing it.

I don't know why some Pats fans think the world is against them. I just don't think some Pats fans notice all the subtleties weighing in favor of them. The Commissioner is best friends with your owner. The NFL talks about you guys CONSTANTLY. On nfl.com, you have Rodney Harrison, Heath Miller, AND Willie McGinist supporting you guys. There's a banner of Tom Brady behind the main set of nfl.com that's been up there for years that's conveniently placed behind the analyst so you always see Brady's grinning face when they zoom in on an analyst. The Pats are almost always #1-3 in the rankings.

What more do you guys want, exactly? I keep seeing Pats fans preach harsh treatment, but I'm not seeing it.

It's pretty easy to explain. They are allowed in the Colts forum. So they take every opportunity to enter and say just enough to aggravate and start trouble just below the line of getting booted. They get some flack from the Colts fans and then cry everyone hates us. I really don't know how they expect us to welcome them with open arms when most are pretty arrogant. Now we have a few new Patriot fans that have entered the forum just to brew trouble. It's pretty lame that a Patriot fan hangs around a Colt forum with the intentions of rubbing Colt fans the wrong way. Just shows what type of people they are. I don't feel the need to go to another teams forum and aggravate but there are sure enough Patriot fans who do.

Pats won the SB. You guys have absolutely nothing to complain about period. Your team is #1. Including a win in the midst of controversies that ultimately ended the argument forever. Enjoy it instead of worrying about this junk. 

Bingo! Bogie nailed it. Why even bring up Kravitz after NE just won it's 4th SB ring? It's like a guy with a beautiful girlfriend, a spacious mansion, a sweet ride, & cash as far as the eye can see moaning & groaning over a meaningless headline. Translation: Ant Ave needs to re-assess his priorities & get a fresh perspective on things. Also, if I was gonna do anything of a mildly aggressive nature on a Colts site, I'd be gloating over how Spy Gate is officially dead now not venting over an INDY Star reporter's trivial twitter statements. 

If I was a diehard NE fan, I'd be happy, upbeat, & over the moon right now. Hades, even all that Boston winter weather won't even bother me right now...To quote Dean Martin, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." 

My point here is this: If INDY had just won another  :lombardi: nothing could depress me for the next 6 months man. To quote my own stepmother, "Come back to me when you have a real problem." 

Winning yet another championship is such a beast of burden.... :sarcasm:

In fairness to Kravitz that is the biggest story to ever fall in his lap. I am not sure anyone in his position would be prepared to deal with the fall out in the social media age. I thought his mea culpa showed a lot of integrity in a field that has little, see Brian Williams.

Look, I can appreciate that Ant Ave needed to get something off his chest & discuss it, but fresh of a SB victory his timing was off or ill advised. After the Combine in INDY is over, I would have been more open to listening to what you said than I am right now. 

I encourage fans from different teams to communicate their ideas here & I have no desire to scare anyone away. But, statements like this are over the top to me:

"My guess is u Indy fans have ZERO idea what it's been like to be a Patriots fan over the last 7 years ...I don't believe there's been anything close to the very real Us Against The World roller coaster ride that we have been living with since an overzealous new commish over-reacted to a video camera PLACEMENT.

Eric Mangini, a former member of Belichick's own staff, broke that story not INDY. If you have any issue with Spy Gate, channel your anger toward Eric not the blue horseshoe. 

Kravitz as a editorial controversy is small potatoes now. This scandal has no teeth & it looks as though deflate gate won't amount to anything significant either a fine at the worst. I don't see NE losing a 1st round draft pick over depleted air pressure personally. But I will wait for the final report just like everyone else.