Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do these years have in common for the Colts?

DalTXColtsFan

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, February 3, 2015 - inappropriate
Hidden by 21isSuperman, February 3, 2015 - inappropriate

2003 - yes

2004 - yes

2005 - yes

2006 - yes

2007 - no

2008 - no

2009 - yes

2010 - no

2011 - you're joking, right?

2012 - yes

2013 - no

2014 - yes

7 times in the last 12 years what has happened?

you had sex?

Yeah all the "yes" years we lost to the eventual Super Bowl champion which tells me that Irsay built a second tier franchise that can't get over the hump and has never been quite good enough, except one lucky year.

I'll take that vs being the Jags any day....

Yeah all the "yes" years we lost to the eventual Super Bowl champion which tells me that Irsay built a second tier franchise that can't get over the hump and has never been quite good enough, except one lucky year.

So, your definition of a "Second Tier" franchise is one that can make the playoffs every year but isn't quite as good as the best team in the league?

Wow, I wonder how many tiers there are in your world.

So, your definition of a "Second Tier" franchise is one that can make the playoffs every year but isn't quite as good as the best team in the league?

Wow, I wonder how many tiers there are in your world.

I agree...the forum always gets this way after we lose in the playoffs. Like treating us to an incredible season with some awesome moments isn't good enough for people. People tend to forget that only 1 team wins the SB every year and even then its typically a team that hasn't won it recently. It was over 10 yrs between Pat SBs....were they building a second tier team? I agree with you I don't know what people expect. In the last 10yrs we had been in the SB twice...which is a pretty respectable showing if you ask me. I would much rather be us than the Giants who have won 2 but only get to the playoffs every 5 or 6 yrs. Its like saying the regular season....all those sundays of winning and enjoyment don't count if you don't win the last one...and thats just dumb imo. If people wanted to go back and try to remember all those years in the late 80s etc and see if they wouldn't be excited to know they would have almost two decades of success like we have had....just unappreciative fans imo.

I agree...the forum always gets this way after we lose in the playoffs. Like treating us to an incredible season with some awesome moments isn't good enough for people. People tend to forget that only 1 team wins the SB every year and even then its typically a team that hasn't won it recently. It was over 10 yrs between Pat SBs....were they building a second tier team? I agree with you I don't know what people expect. In the last 10yrs we had been in the SB twice...which is a pretty respectable showing if you ask me. I would much rather be us than the Giants who have won 2 but only get to the playoffs every 5 or 6 yrs. Its like saying the regular season....all those sundays of winning and enjoyment don't count if you don't win the last one...and thats just dumb imo. If people wanted to go back and try to remember all those years in the late 80s etc and see if they wouldn't be excited to know they would have almost two decades of success like we have had....just unappreciative fans imo.

The giants won 2 rings against the patriots in the most improbable ways, I'd take that over all the one and dones and blowouts we've had this millenium

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, February 3, 2015 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, February 3, 2015 - response to hidden post

Someday you'll turn 15 and it won't be nearly as funny!

when you've been married 40 years,(like I have) you'll find it hilarious..

Wow.    You poor thing.

How you have suffered............

Hey, we should have won at least six SBs by now. Anything less was failure.

After all, a very wise man once said "If you ain't first you're last".

Okay, he wasn't very wise.

But I think he'd find some kindred fans here.