Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need Danny Shelton

To me, this guy would instantly change the toughness of this defense in the front 7. He has been compared to Vince Wilfork and would be a great pairing with Arthur Jones on the DL freeing up our LBers. Chapman isn't the future for us at NT, and a great NT will make this defense go.

Malcom Brown is a more realistic option at our pick.

Shelton is the only difference maker I see at NT this year in the draft. I would rather sign someone in free agency if we can't get Shelton. Other prospects I like for the DL include DE Michael Bennett, Arik Armstead, Carl Davis, and Henry Anderson.

I don't know about you guys but Nicks or Wayne could not separate whatsoever and Brazill and Rodgers are gone. 

If Jaelen Strong or Sammie Coates are on the board, we have to take a hard look at them in round 1. 

Sammie Coates would be redundant. We need a guy who can get open underneath and catch in traffic. Strong could be that guy. 

Sammie Coates would be redundant. We need a guy who can get open underneath and catch in traffic. Strong could be that guy. 

To me, Strong seems like a bigger and faster version of Jarvis Landry, ala Anquan Boldin. Or probably like Hakeem Nicks when he was coming out of the draft???

To me, this guy would instantly change the toughness of this defense in the front 7. He has been compared to Vince Wilfork and would be a great pairing with Arthur Jones on the DL freeing up our LBers. Chapman isn't the future for us at NT, and a great NT will make this defense go.

We may need Danny Shelton,  but unfortunately,  we're not going to get Danny Shelton.    He'll be long, long gone by the time we pick.    He may not get past the top-12....