Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hey u IU fans tell me about your rb

This kid coleman looks like a stud just saw some highlights on him. Heard he could be a great three down back in nfl.current round projection is two but with tailback being undervalued on draft day could go in the third maybe early forth. wanted to get done opinions on him and maybe if the Colts should take a flyer in the third for him.

Right up there with Melvin Gordon....IMO.  I think I have said that in more threads.  :thmup:

Melvin Gordon is overrated IMO. He has really good acceleration and plays for a team with great blocking. He reminds me of CJ2K in a way. He'll give you the big play, but isn't an every down guy. He's definitely better than Monte Ball though.

Not an IU fan, obviously, but I think Coleman is probably the third best RB in this draft and probably a mid second round pick. Seems like a Demarco Murray style runner. Upright but surprisingly elusive and great top end speed. Pass protection is probably his only concern, he looked awful in the bucket game. I would want him on the Colts, if not him, Jay Ajayi.

Melvin Gordon is overrated IMO. He has really good acceleration and plays for a team with great blocking. He reminds me of CJ2K in a way. He'll give you the big play, but isn't an every down guy. He's definitely better than Monte Ball though.

I think we all should downgrade the Wisconsin backs somewhat because they carry the ball SOOOOOO much.  Melvin did this year, but split the chores lat two years.  Coleman can find a hole where there is not one and say goodbye.  I agree with BoilerColt on the pass blocking.  That needs to be learned.

I think we all should downgrade the Wisconsin backs somewhat because they carry the ball SOOOOOO much.  Melvin did this year, but split the chores lat two years.  Coleman can find a hole where there is not one and say goodbye.  I agree with BoilerColt on the pass blocking.  That needs to be learned.

Exactly. Gordon WAS their offense during the season. They just force fed him like Saban did with Trich at Alabama. He wont get 25+ carries with the Colts. You need a guy who can make the most out of 15 touches. That's moreso a Coleman or a Langford.

As we get closer I've been spending more time checking out videos on YouTube....

My reaction to seeing Coleman for the first time is........    two thumbs way up!    I'm a fan!   He's much better than I expected.

Reminds me a bit of Matt Forte of the Bears in that he's taller and runs more upright than most backs.  But he's clearly faster than Forte.   And he's not a straight line runner.   He's got some wiggle and make-miss ability. 

Coleman has 2nd round written all over him, and I say that as a high compliment....   I was so impressed!   Did I mention I'm a big fan?!

I think there are some very interesting and appealing backs in this draft....   it'll be fun to go over them in the months to come....

Exactly. Gordon WAS their offense during the season. They just force fed him like Saban did with Trich at Alabama. He wont get 25+ carries with the Colts. You need a guy who can make the most out of 15 touches. That's moreso a Coleman or a Langford.

Gordon broke the NCAA record for career YPC at 7.8

I think that says something about how much impact he can do with limited carries.  

Note: Coleman does have an extremely impressive career 7.1 YPC

However, I do believe spending a 1st RD pick on a RB wouldn't be the best choice for the Colts to do this year due to a ton of talented RBs being in this years draft.

Gordon broke the NCAA record for career YPC at 7.8

I think that says something about how much impact he can do with limited carries.  

Note: Coleman does have an extremely impressive career 7.1 YPC

However, I do believe spending a 1st RD pick on a RB wouldn't be the best choice for the Colts to do this year due to a ton of talented RBs being in this years draft.

Those stats don't do justice really Gordan played behind a line of future NFL players and had a QB to keep the D honest Coleman played with a shaky line a average qb then a well below average Qb and teams staking the box Evey play and still ripped off 100 yard plus game after game .

Those stats don't do justice really Gordan played behind a line of future NFL players and had a QB to keep the D honest Coleman played with a shaky line a average qb then a well below average Qb and teams staking the box Evey play and still ripped off 100 yard plus game after game .

Don't act like Gordon didn't face 8 in the box constantly, too. Everyone and their mothers knew the Badgers couldn't pass effectively. You might just be the only person to think Stave and McEvoy were talented enough QBs to keep the defenses honest.  

For the record....Badgers were 118th in the NCAA at passing yards, while Indiana was 122nd... not too different.

This kid coleman looks like a stud just saw some highlights on him. Heard he could be a great three down back in nfl.current round projection is two but with tailback being undervalued on draft day could go in the third maybe early forth. wanted to get done opinions on him and maybe if the Colts should take a flyer in the third for him.

Hes the real Deal can do it all speed power catch and block.

Don't act like Gordon didn't face 8 in the box constantly, too. Everyone and their mothers knew the Badgers couldn't pass effectively. You might just be the only person to think Stave and McEvoy were talented enough QBs to keep the defenses honest.  

For the record....Badgers were 118th in the NCAA at passing yards, while Indiana was 122nd... not too different.

The difference is the OL. Comparing IU's OL too Wisky's is like comparing the Colts too the Cowboys.