Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Detroit (+6 1/2) @ Dallas (1-4-15)

oldunclemark

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing I'm not a coach.

I also couldn't care who won the game. But that's just bad officiating however you want to slice it.

There are instances that stick out such as this one, that change games. Doesn't mean it all boils down to this instance. But if you don't think it affected the outcome. You're lost.

Well its a lot less irritating if you take the coaches view as a fan:) And I get it. Some will go your way and some won't. Could the lions have made some more plays instead of leaning on a penalty?

Now truth be told, from a TV perspective (and face it that's all anyone here has) the guy's back was towards us and I couldn't see what contact there was. He wasn't looking for the ball, that was obvious. But lets say it was blown..do you really think the league is fixed. Do you think Kraft pays them off like so many say..or Jerry in this case..heck we even got Christie involved. Come on.

All we talk about is penalties all the time and how their paid off. A little football talk would be better. I thought both teams played great btw.

Flags get picked up all the time. The outrageous thing in this game was that THEY ANNOUNCED THE CALL and then took it back.

Sure but once the flag is thrown then it is bogus especially on a play that egregious. Perhaps the head ref got ahead of himself and announced it before they had conferred. But no explanation of why it was picked up. Just wrong.

Well its a lot less irritating if you take the coaches view as a fan:) And I get it. Some will go your way and some won't. Could the lions have made some more plays instead of leaning on a penalty?

Now truth be told, from a TV perspective (and face it that's all anyone here has) the guy's back was towards us and I couldn't see what contact there was. He wasn't looking for the ball, that was obvious. But lets say it was blown..do you really think the league is fixed. Do you think Kraft pays them off like so many say..or Jerry in this case..heck we even got Christie involved. Come on.

All we talk about is penalties all the time and how their paid off. A little football talk would be better. I thought both teams played great btw.

I'm not irritated. I'm a fan of the sport. Discussing something that happened in the sport I'm a fan of. Why wouldn't I only talk about things that I haven't purposefully erased from my mind?

I never said the league was fixed did I? But can I believe a ref has an agenda? Absolutely I can. Did it happen tonight? Probably not. But it looks suspicious as hell.

I also don't know why you keep insisting there may not be contact, but alright. I only saw 4 different angles. As did everyone else. As did the ref who threw the flag.

It was blown. I'm not supposing anything.

I'm not irritated. I'm a fan of the sport. Discussing something that happened in the sport I'm a fan of. Why wouldn't I only talk about things that I haven't purposefully erased from my mind?

I never said the league was fixed did I? But can I believe a ref has an agenda? Absolutely I can. Did it happen tonight? Probably not. But it looks suspicious as hell.

I also don't know why you keep insisting there may not be contact, but alright. I only saw 4 different angles. As did everyone else. As did the ref who threw the flag.

It was blown. I'm not supposing anything.

I meant irritate as some always do when it happens to their team.

Let me ask you this. If that call went for the colts and they won would they all say it was a good call because we really didn't do PI. Right :)

At first I was here we go again with the ticky tac PI calls when they usually let them play more in the post season.

I hadn't seen the 4 angles. I'm not even saying if it was correct or not. Just that the refs have a better view and by more than one ref. Unless one believes the games are fixed of course.

I've seen a lot of bad calls before there was even replay. But as they say- no one likes the refs.

What are you gonna do. Expensive hi tech laser/sensor reading. Professional crew (would they even be better?)

I meant irritate as some always do when it happens to their team.

Let me ask you this. If that call went for the colts and they won would they all say it was a good call because we really didn't do PI. Right :)

At first I was here we go again with the ticky tac PI calls when they usually let them play more in the post season.

I hadn't seen the 4 angles. I'm not even saying if it was correct or not. Just that the refs have a better view and by more than one ref. Unless one believes the games are fixed of course.

I've seen a lot of bad calls before there was even replay. But as they say- no one likes the refs.

What are you gonna do. Expensive hi tech laser/sensor reading. Professional crew (would they even be better?)

Obviously you won't say it's correct or not lol. It defeats your entire point.

Get a pro crew? Like that's the craziest thing you can think of. Obviously a dedicated crew would be an improvement. However the problem here isn't them missing a call. They go the call right. But for whatever reason, that even they haven't come out to say, they reversed it.

No one is calling this unique. Stuff happens. Refs aren't perfect. Everyone knows these things. But accountability has to be factored in. The way it changed the game must be discussed. If you want to be the "penalties happen whatever" guy. Go ahead, but you're the minority on this one.

If you don't see it that way. Agree to disagree. But if this call benefits you as a Pats fan and you're happy about it, then that's on you. I would be just as suspicious. It's sleazy.

Turn on any sports station to get the 4 angles I'm referring to though. It was a mistake and I promise the NFL will do their heartfelt "whoops our bad guys" letter to the Lions.

Gotta love getting a TD without ever breaking the plane of the goal line clear as day.

Many of these calls are subtle , not so much a conspiracy, but self fulfilling prophecy. Refs are human and fully know the biases of the league that pays them, as well as media bias. I've watched this play out many times in the ACC in basketball, as Duke and Coach Krybaby get the calls in most important games. Ratings, money, and making the league happy are subtle, subconscious pressure that leads to some of these calls. Another travesty was the late flag that killed Miami and gave the national title to Ohio State years ago. Late flag, just horrible

Obviously you won't say it's correct or not lol. It defeats your entire point.

Get a pro crew? Like that's the craziest thing you can think of. Obviously a dedicated crew would be an improvement. However the problem here isn't them missing a call. They go the call right. But for whatever reason, that even they haven't come out to say, they reversed it.

No one is calling this unique. Stuff happens. Refs aren't perfect. Everyone knows these things. But accountability has to be factored in. The way it changed the game must be discussed. If you want to be the "penalties happen whatever" guy. Go ahead, but you're the minority on this one.

If you don't see it that way. Agree to disagree. But if this call benefits you as a Pats fan and you're happy about it, then that's on you. I would be just as suspicious. It's sleazy.

Turn on any sports station to get the 4 angles I'm referring to though. It was a mistake and I promise the NFL will do their heartfelt "whoops our bad guys" letter to the Lions.

Well of course I'm in the minority- here lol.  I'm saying is was tacky and I'm glad they picked it up- as a pure football fan,

If the Pats got the benefit of the call of course I'd take it and so would every single fan out there. Please, They might admit it but they'll take it- maybe justify for the calls that went against them or........

Well of course I'm in the minority- here lol. I'm saying is was tacky and I'm glad they picked it up- as a pure football fan,

If the Pats got the benefit of the call of course I'd take it and so would every single fan out there. Please, They might admit it but they'll take it- maybe justify for the calls that went against them or........

Good for you. I however am not so lax about the officiating. It's bad enough that these Refs hold once in a life time opportunities in their hands, but when they're incompetent? Why let it slide? If it's a good call. I call it a good call. When it isn't. I call that too. If this happened to the Colts I would be happy we won, but still harping on a bad call. Not justifying it.

And if not turning around to play defense and running into another player is your definition of ticky-tac, I pray no one ever hands you a yellow flag, and a finish line uniform.

Good for you. I however am not so lax about the officiating. It's bad enough that these Refs hold once in a life time opportunities in their hands, but when they're incompetent? Why let it slide? If it's a good call. I call it a good call. When it isn't. I call that too. If this happened to the Colts I would be happy we won, but still harping on a bad call. Not justifying it.

And if not turning around to play defense and running into another player is your definition of ticky-tac, I pray no one ever hands you a yellow flag, and a finish line uniform.

What I meant by tick tac (as btw I've seen many colt fans say among other fans) is the slight touch vs the obvious interference to the receiver. We both know they have intensified these rules over time for one reason= offense sells.