Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ndamukong Suh: Agent will decide.

I think we've danced this dance before, but Jones and RJF play a 5-technique in the base 3-4. That's the base spot in a 3-4.

Just as the 3-technique is the base spot in a 4-3.

I'm not saying Jones or RJF never play the 3-tech, but in the base? It's the 5, not the 3.

You'll find several articles specifically detailing the colts and ravens defense that would disagree. I know that in a standard, 2 gap 34 defense, both defensive linemen on each side of the NT line up at 5 tech.

However the colts and ravens run a hybrid front where the strong side DE (Redding, Kerr) lines up at 5 tech, the NT at 0 or 1 tech, and the weakside DT (jones, RJF) lines up at 3 tech.

You just know that he's gonna pull some stunt like that right after a big 3rd down or 4th down stop in a very important game.

Imagine. . . we're up by 2, 4th quarter, 4th down on defense at midfield.  All we have to do is make the stop, take a knee and we're AFC champs.  Tom Brady goes to the line, takes the snap, Suh makes a great swim move plows straight into the Brady for a sack.  Then Suh decides he needs to give Brady a good swift kick to the head. . . cause he's Ndamukong Suh.  So Suh kicks Brady in the head with the ref right there.  Ref throws the flag, Suh's ejected. . . 15 yard penalty - first down.  Brady hands the ball off once to run the clock down, Belicheck takes his last timeout with 2 second left.  Gostkowski walks on the field, kicks the field goal and the Colts lose by 1.  Pats back in the SB, Colts go home.  

This or something similar is going to happen if we sign Suh.  I want no part of it.

Meh, I would love to have a guy that stomps on opposing players. The guy was wearing a helmet....he was fine. Plus, Suh has cut down on his personal fouls this season. Colts fans always seem to want a locker room filled with choir boys.....

Not a fan of Suh but I think we need a dominant force at the NT position. Wouldn't mind drafting a DT/NT with our first pick next year. It would help the Defense agains the run and the pass by freeing up other players. And i really like the way we are compensating the loss of Mathis with the whole Defense unit. Blitzing and pass rush with different players...

Meh, I would love to have a guy that stomps on opposing players. The guy was wearing a helmet....he was fine. Plus, Suh has cut down on his personal fouls this season. Colts fans always seem to want a locker room filled with choir boys.....

I don't want a choir boy, I just want a guy that doesn't commit stupid 15 yard personal foul penalties.  JJ Watt is better then Suh and doesn't have a habit of committing stupid 15 yard personal foul penalties.  Playing well as a D-lineman doesn't have to include stomping and kicking players while they are down.   

And yes I realize that kicking someone in the head when they are wearing a helmet probably is going to hurt you more then it hurts them.  But that doesn't mean the refs aren't gonna throw a flag when they see it.

I don't want a choir boy, I just want a guy that doesn't commit stupid 15 yard personal foul penalties.  JJ Watt is better then Suh and doesn't have a habit of committing stupid 15 yard personal foul penalties.  Playing well as a D-lineman doesn't have to include stomping and kicking players while they are down.   

And yes I realize that kicking someone in the head when they are wearing a helmet probably is going to hurt you more then it hurts them.  But that doesn't mean the refs aren't gonna throw a flag when they see it.

Suh has cut down on those penalties since he now has a real coach that holds him accountable. I think Watt has at least double the amount of roughing penalties as Suh this season.

Suh has a few high-profile penalties, but he really doesn't get flagged more than you're average dlineman. 

Would love to have him liked Suh since he came into the league but he is way to good to come here with what we will spend in FA

The kind of money he  and his agent are going to demand is simply not worth the emotional on-field wreck. your talking signing a large contract for someone who regularly gets penalized for roughing the passer due to his lack of tackling discipline.  Better off finding a different free agent or draft pick thats just as fast and knows how to tackle a QB.

Too much team distraction, doesn't fit scheme 100%, and also too costly to pay.

On the other hand, Watt for $15 million a year, i would halfway entertain it.

I think I would too.  Watt makes the whole defense a lot better.  Crap you need to put 2 guys on him just to have a hope of containing him and 3 if you want to stop him.  And he can play TE too.

Normally I'm not for spending QB money on non QB's but Watt is one of the few cases where it's worth it.

Things NFL players would never say:

Suh - "I would like to go to a 3-4 team, so I can play a 2-gap role and set the edge & contain. Additionally, I will do so for only $5 million dollars; money isn't everything. After that is done, I will Americanize my name into Michael Smith."

With the cap continuing to rise we can sign a couple big name players this offseason, and I actually think Grigs will go after one or two studs. I would love to see Sue in a Colts uniform.

Grigson's history shows he won't go after "studs"

Things NFL players would never say:

Suh - "I would like to go to a 3-4 team, so I can play a 2-gap role and set the edge & contain. Additionally, I will do so for only $5 million dollars; money isn't everything. After that is done, I will Americanize my name into Michael Smith."

LOL, You remember Cam Newton calling him Donkey Kong Suh? lmao.